PDA

View Full Version : What Skaven should i buy?

Imperial Dragoon
17-04-2007, 09:56
I want to icrease the size of my army for skaven and have a list of what i want finally but i need to know what is best to get first (so i can play some games without useless stuff).

I have a battalion
a warlock engineer
a cheiftan
a assassin
a ratling gun
a warpfire thrower
20 extra clanrats to make 2 regiments of 30
and 6 censer bearers

I am looking to get another 30 clanrats and 90 slaves for the finished
another 40 plauge monks
another 2 rat ogres
about 3 extra squads of giant rats
5 jezzails
a squad of tunneling gutter runners
2 squads of night runners
eventually 18 stormvermin
a warplightning cannon
a greyseer or screaming bell
a plauge preist
and another warlock engineer
this will be a fun army more so than a pro army.
so any help on what to get first is appreciated

Macrus
18-04-2007, 15:38
I think that your army is a we bit small and you could do with some more clan rats, or even more rat slaves, (i cant remember what they are called).

Macrus

yeancientone
18-04-2007, 15:54
Looks like a solid list - clanrats and slaves at the core. You might want to get another ratling gun - with 7th edition rules, they don't last as long, so it's good to have a few on the field.
And if you haven't painted them yet, try alternating between "cool stuff" and "OMG more clanrats/slaves". Looks like you'll be painting 180 of them by the time you're through!
Remember, there are plenty of giant rats on the Plague Monks sprues - around 4 per sprue, I think, plus more on the Rat Ogre sprues. You can get 24 giant rats out of the battalion alone, if you buy a few regimental bases.
I managed to make four weird looking rat swarms out of spares from the battalion, plus two extra rat ogres using a terminator body and part of the Imperial Great Cannon!

forgottenlor
19-04-2007, 08:15
So I am in the middle of collecting and here is what I have found essential and what I am planning of getting. Hope its useful.

2 Battalion Boxes. (some monks I converted into censer bearers)
2 extra boxes of Slaves/clan rats.
1 Shadow runner box.
3 Gutter runers.
10 Jezzails.
1 Warlord
Storm Vermin command (to represent a Chief and Battle sandard bearer)
2 Warlock engineers.

Sometime I want to get a
Grey Seer
1 Cannon
6 Poison wind Globadeers
and a plague priest.

The ratling cannons I haven't bought yet. I play them by proxy and am waiting to see how they are changed in the next edition.

TheStrategist
19-04-2007, 15:12
I managed to make four weird looking rat swarms out of spares from the battalion, plus two extra rat ogres using a terminator body and part of the Imperial Great Cannon!

:eek:

How does that work? A Rat Ogre with an aquila? With a cannon strapped to his arm?:wtf:

Damn, well, it would definetly win the weirdest conversion award.

yeancientone
19-04-2007, 15:24
One has a cannon barrel body, orc legs, rat ogre arms and a rat ogre head protruding from the barrel. The other is essentially a rat ogre with a terminator torso.

Macrus
19-04-2007, 15:48
Im not to keen on plague cencor beaers. The last time i battled them they kill over half of there own unit.

Macrus

SkawtheFalconer
19-04-2007, 17:43
I think you need to roll pretty poorly for that. IMO Censor bearers are absolutely superb, and well worth the investment. A friend of mine takes 10, and they are usually his unit of the match.