PDA

View Full Version : My Inquisitor - comments welcome

Odin
17-04-2007, 14:52
I've played a bit of inquisitor but not a lot, and not for several years. Anyway, looks like I might get a few games in soon. I use 40K scale, and my inquisitor is based on the Witch Hunter bloke with the power sword and hat. Would appreciate any comments - I think he's pretty well-balanced for an inquisitor (hard, but not ridiculously so).

Inquisitor Scyrus Mortlock

Ws Bs S T I Wp Sg Nv Ld
84 77 63 66 81 90 79 87 81

Scyrus Mortlock is Right Handed

Weapons: Pump-Action Combat Shotgun with 8 manstopper shells, plus 16 spare manstopper shells

Hand Flamer with 1 reload. May expend a complete ammunition cell to fire as an inferno pistol

Power Sword

1 Psyk-Out Grenade

Armour: Carapace Armour on chest

Flak Armour on Arms, Legs, Abdomen and Groin

Equipment: Advanced Bionic Eye with inbuilt Motion Tracker and Motion Predictor (Adds armour 1 to head)

Hexagrammic Wards

Special Abilities: Leader, Heroic, Rock Steady Aim

Inquisitor Mortlock is a member of the Ordo Hereticus, and dedicates his time to destroying traitorous cults and rogue psykers. A hundred and one years of age, he has been known among his peers as a zealous puritan, with typically unsubtle tactics. But an incident a decade ago has somewhat changed his outlook.

Having uncovered a chaos cult on the hive world of Necromunda, Mortlock stormed their lair with a large force of Adeptus Arbites. The cult was destroyed, and Mortlock considered the task complete. But while preparing to leave the planet, Mortlock’s shuttle was destroyed by a hidden bomb. Most of his retinue were killed in the explosion, but Mortlock had been on the open boarding ramp at the time, and survived, though he lost his right eye, and when his hair eventually grew back it was pure white.

It later transpired that the cult Mortlock had destroyed was just part of a huge network throughout the sub-sector. By shunning subterfuge and surveillance, Mortlock had failed to uncover this vital fact, and any evidence was destroyed in flames along with the cult.

Since then, Mortlock has begun to use more subtle methods of surveillance and infiltration to ensure that he never again repeats his terrible error on Necromunda. Where previously his retinue was dominated by zealots, penitent crusaders and priests, he now employs a wider spectrum of agents including gang members and bounty hunters. He has spent the last decade pursuing the network of cults in the sub-sector.

precinctomega
17-04-2007, 16:21
Very good. Great backstory - concise and convincing. No particular comments or criticisms. Do we get to see the model?

R.

Odin
17-04-2007, 21:31
Well as I say, the model is basically the 40K scale witch hunter:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/witchhunters/gallery/images/withhunter_retinue_c.gif

...though I have converted him to have a shotgun slung at his side. half way through painting him at the moment and I might see if I can stick the picture online as I'm quite pleased with it.

I'm also considering converting an inquisitor scale model of him, maybe using that obscure bounty hunter model as a base if I can get hold of one.

Thanks for your comments though. I wanted to avoid the trap of creating an uber killy character of ultimate destruction.

MindSlave
28-04-2007, 09:25
Very nice... Why dont you create him a retinue from the rest of the set? would make an uber cool team!

Charax
28-04-2007, 09:41
Hehe, he has the same last name as my ex...

I'm also considering converting an inquisitor scale model of him, maybe using that obscure bounty hunter model as a base if I can get hold of one.
God damn it! I just sent mine off to a friend in America in exchange for a 54mm generic male, otherwise you could have had it (I had no use for it, and I'm always glad to wean people off 40K-scale and into good, honest 54mm)

Odin
28-04-2007, 20:16
Very nice... Why dont you create him a retinue from the rest of the set? would make an uber cool team!

At the moment the retinue includes an Escher ganger and the Crusader from that box. I'm planning to convert the guy with the flame on his head into a torturer. And I'm making an execution servitor with a big axe.

I'll be using the Inquisitor and his team in 40K as well.

Odin
28-04-2007, 20:18
Hehe, he has the same last name as my ex...

I got the name from Stirling Mortlock, the Aussie rugby player.

Sarison
30-04-2007, 05:47
Not sure how you justify turning a weapon that uses "burning incendiary fuel" into one that uses "a magnetic containment beam," but ok....

also not sure why a guy who has converted from Smash and Grab to Sneaky Sneaky would have an execution servitor with him. sounds a little conspicuous.

Esher sounds good. perhaps ask your GM about civilians in the area and have one character that can blend in. that way you can reveal him and surprise your opponents.

also, not all Inquisitors agree with the idea of sneaking around. has he made any enemies within the sector for his less-than-puranical approach to long asting and all encompassing sport of heretic hunting?

Odin
01-05-2007, 00:51
Not sure how you justify turning a weapon that uses "burning incendiary fuel" into one that uses "a magnetic containment beam," but ok....

also not sure why a guy who has converted from Smash and Grab to Sneaky Sneaky would have an execution servitor with him. sounds a little conspicuous.

Esher sounds good. perhaps ask your GM about civilians in the area and have one character that can blend in. that way you can reveal him and surprise your opponents.

also, not all Inquisitors agree with the idea of sneaking around. has he made any enemies within the sector for his less-than-puranical approach to long asting and all encompassing sport of heretic hunting?

Well, it's obviously intended to be an inferno pistol as that's what they've got rules for in the Witch Hunter Codex. But I thought that was somewhat overkill for Inquisitor, and so I got the idea that his Inferno Pistol can be fired at a lower setting, but with a wider range. However, if that's not likely I can just have it as a hand flamer.

To expand a bit on my inquisitor's background, he's still got a few remnants of his old retinue, including a missionary and the execution servitor. Once he's collected as much info as he thinks he needs, he still likes a bit of purging.

Sarison
01-05-2007, 04:28
cool beans man.

Catferret
01-05-2007, 09:52
Well, it's obviously intended to be an inferno pistol as that's what they've got rules for in the Witch Hunter Codex. But I thought that was somewhat overkill for Inquisitor, and so I got the idea that his Inferno Pistol can be fired at a lower setting, but with a wider range. However, if that's not likely I can just have it as a hand flamer.

Like the old Multimelta rules for Marine Dreadnaughts in 2nd Ed 40k. I can see the feasibility of your plan.

And you really do have to make a 54mm version of this guy. You'll have better dice karma! :D

It's nice to see you have come up with a decent story for the guy and not gone too over the top with equipment. Nice work Odin.

mistahsmoovelegs
07-05-2007, 01:04
i like the handflamer/infernopistol swap. good luck with this, i really love that inquisitor model.