PDA

View Full Version : Role Playing Awards

Wiseman
02-08-2005, 14:35
Last year we had the portent roleplaying awards, this year will we have the warseer roleplaying awards? or will we just skip it?

Darmort
02-08-2005, 16:59
I say go for the awards, it's always nice to know who's the best Role Player or GM.

Xhalax
02-08-2005, 18:35
I was wondering why there was a distinct lack of RPG based awards this year too.

Think we should run our own mini awards in honour of the main ones?

Commander X
02-08-2005, 18:52
I agree, it is unfair that they don't give us awards in the main Warseer awards, because we"have awards in here for ourselves", and then proceed to not give us any.

This is an untolerable insult to us and must be avenged:evilgrin:;)

Scotty
02-08-2005, 19:09
Nearly forgot that the RPG section ran an award thingie.

Sounds good, who is going to be in charge of managing votes etc?

Xhalax
02-08-2005, 19:12
I vote Did...since he started up this thread with the idea about awards.

Commander X
02-08-2005, 19:14
Nono, Diddimz doesn't get an roleplaying award, he gets the'Starter of the Award-reminder thread award.'

But shouldn't we vote over what awards we want first?(Lets get a lot so everyone gets atelast one:p)

Scotty
02-08-2005, 19:23
Yeah, don't what anyone to feel left out. :p

McGonigle
02-08-2005, 19:45
Best Character
Best Story
Best Roleplayer
Best GM
Best Villian

But shouldn't we vote over what awards we want first?(Lets get a lot so everyone gets atelast one:p)

Best Inquisitor
Best Fantasy Character
Best Fantasy GM
Best Guardsman
Best Arbrite
Best Psyker
Best Mutant
Best Weapon
Best Assassin
Best Tech-priest
Most likely to survive
Most likely to die a painful death
Best Spaceship
Thread which had much portentail

Antaeus
02-08-2005, 19:56
I ran the 2004 awards, all went fairly smoothly (apart from them ABC buggers all voting for each other :p)

Last time we had:

-Best Gamesmaster
-Best RPG
-Best Roleplayer
-Best New Roleplayer (probably won't have this one this year since everyone's effectively 'new'
-Funniest Roleplayer

Think it was just the five.

Darmort
02-08-2005, 19:58
I'll run for Fantasy stuffs, :p
And I'm most likely to die a painful death in any RPG.....
Villian goes to Irenicus, handsdown.

Weapon? Triple barreled, duel action, 5 shot (each barrel), polymorphic grip Shotgun! :p
Best story has to go to Captain Marius..... I could go on for a while, :p

Commander X
02-08-2005, 20:01
-Best Arbrite
I'm the only one as far as I know, so I win;)
-Most likely to die a painful death
Edinte, the enemy wants us dead, and half of us wants him dead too. :p

Lets just all make up awards so we can all be winners unlike the official persons who only have just a few.

Scotty
02-08-2005, 23:19
Ok sounds go. Antaeus do you want to be in charge?

Xavier
03-08-2005, 14:10
No.. not ant.. he smells bad..

Antaeus
03-08-2005, 19:13
I'd be happy enough to run it again if people are ok with that.

Xavier
03-08-2005, 19:27
BOO GET SOME DEODERANT..

on a related note.. sure, run it, just remember and ban abc people

Xhalax
03-08-2005, 19:40
Yes...Ant, you're in charge.

We need someone to take charge already!

warlordgrubnatz
03-08-2005, 19:41
some ideas for categories...
LONGEST RPG
SHORTEST RPG [completed]
BEST RUNNING SERISE
NEW ANGLE..... breaking away from the standard rpg ie: zombie roleplay, rust in peace etc
BEST GM

Antaeus
03-08-2005, 21:05
Categories I'd be looking at at the moment:

Best RPG
Best GM
Best Roleplayer
Most Entertaining Poster

I've thought about having Best Story as well as Best RPG: Best RPG for the best-run and most exciting one, but Best Story having the best background story. I like the idea of Best Villain as well, though not sure how many candidates there'd be for this. Best Character also has potential (obviously people cannot nominate their own characters).

Xhalax
03-08-2005, 21:09
sounds reasonable

I'm tempted to say 'Most post whoring member' but that would be a bit of a one or two horse race.

Wiseman
04-08-2005, 03:57
what about best new RPGer as well.

marineowar
04-08-2005, 11:14
I'm tempted to say 'Most post whoring member' but that would be a bit of a one or two horse race.

I nominate you :p

"And the votes are tallied... It's Xhalax by an overwhelming majority :evilgrin: :p

Wiseman
04-08-2005, 12:19
it wouldnt even be a two horse race, xhalax would have the entire competition to herself, i mean come on, who else thinks 45 posts a day is average;)

marineowar
04-08-2005, 12:22
My point exactly :D

Commander X
04-08-2005, 13:45
Just to be annoying, I'm going to vote someone else for that, after all she can't have conversations on her own, there must be someone else to talk to right?

And yes, that's all just to annoy Xhalax :p

Wiseman
04-08-2005, 14:47
you can vote me in just to annoy her, im not a post whore, but still dont mind tyring to ruin her day.

am i the only one the noticed that xhalax is a post whore, and freya was a whore in episode one, i guess its true, everyone puts a bit of themselves in their characters;)

Commander X
04-08-2005, 14:59
So you're calling me a toolmonkey now? I'll get you for that...:p

It is true about Xhalax, but may I aske what you mean with was a whore?;)

Brother Smith
04-08-2005, 15:50
Woohoo I got a mention (Rust In Peace). Nice to see Xavier back, haven't seen that amy lee avatar and pink writing for years :D.

McGonigle
04-08-2005, 16:26
So on that basis since Scythe is my most regular character, I'm a pryomaniac with a love of strange weapons. Could be worse

Xavier
04-08-2005, 17:41
Woohoo I got a mention (Rust In Peace). Nice to see Xavier back, haven't seen that amy lee avatar and pink writing for years :D.

heh.. ive been here for a while

Sgt John Keel
04-08-2005, 18:16
If you are serious about this, you can use the Awards Forum if you want. It's not like it's used for anything...

/Adrian

Antaeus
04-08-2005, 18:31
I might just do that actually, to save cluttering up the RPG section. Good thinking, Herr Keel, good thinking.

@diddimz: We had that last time, but everyone's effectively 'new' this time. Next year it'll be appropriate, but it doesn't really feel so this year.

Inquisitor Mikarovic
04-08-2005, 19:28
Whoever wins Best Roleplayer better be good. If he ain't, I'm keeping the title. :p

I think it's best to keep things simple and the amount of categories trimmed to a minimum. Otherwise, it'd be the "Everyone get's an award awards". Awards are to be coveted and earned, not freely metted out!

Best RPG
See, it's a tough one. People only vote for ones they've been in. Same could be said of other categories, you only vote for people you've played with. They can't very well rate something they haven't been a part of. Hence the ABC's victory (and the fact that it's really, really good :angel: ). I guess that'll have to be the formula.

Best Roleplayer
It comes down to alot of things, not just being a Space Marine and shouting "For the Emperor!" alot. Personally I think playing a Space Marine makes for a boring RPer, but that's just me, Quizzy Mika, popularly voted best RPer last awards. :p
It's being believable, interesting, well-written (believe me, posting in accurate, well spaced English counts for an absolute heap) and above all; unique.

Best Character
The rule of unique is also applicable here, but not stupidly so, of course. Womanising Eversor Assassins may well be unique, but they're also silly. Silly shouldn't win. It should really go to the guy (or indeed gal) who screems "cool" the most, while keeping firmly in line with the background. Not necessarily any specific type of cool, just generally cool. And yes, nominating your own character would make you a boob.

Best GM
I suppose it's kinda necessary. They give Oscars to directors.

Most Entertaining Poster
Not so sure about this one. The best Roleplayer is expected to be entertaining, methinks. Just staying in character ain't enough, you have to have a wow factor. I guess there's a distinction between "poster" and "RPer", seeing as a GM may well be nominated and win this award, but still, I think it could just be a bit too detailed for such a small award ceremony, as it should be.

Best Villain
A sub character category, eh? I guess it could work. Lord knows I love a good villain, and they should always be recognised. I guess I support this one.

Best Story
A bit too many awards, wouldn't you say? It's only the RPG forum, limit it to five, maybe six as an absolute maximum.

Remember, if in doubt, just kill somebody. That's what a proper GM does. :p

Xhalax
04-08-2005, 21:25
*pouts*

You big bunch of meanies.

And Freya isn't a whore. Kera is...and she wasn't one of my creations. She was Slaz's. So blame him.

Nor do I like what all you filthy meanies are insinuating about me! :p

Xavier
04-08-2005, 23:26
Well, if the shoe fits aye, nikki ;)

Xhalax
04-08-2005, 23:31
*tries on shoe*

Nope...doesn't fit. Waaaaaaaaay too big

Slazton
05-08-2005, 02:51
Longest RPG would be unfair as my Traitor of the Inquisition wins hands down :D.

Of course it could also take series as well, as it is technically a series ;).

Alas, I feel I am to remain out of this and will only vote as I see fit.

Also, I recomend that people take time and consideration for the RPGs they have been in and what has happened as well as taking time to think about the Games Master and what time and preparation he does with the RPG.

However, without blowing my own trumpet, Traitor does have 138 odd pages ;), must account for something :D

Darmort
05-08-2005, 09:11
My nominations;
Best GM - Captain Marius. No hard feelings Slaz, but Marius does a cool Fantasy RPG, :p
Best Character - Freya by Xhalax. Hands down. Freya rules. Period.
Best RPG - Overall, I say Witch Hunter III out of the few I've joined. It's the most unique, instead of just an Inquisitor killing things, ;)
Best Player - Here... Commander_X gets my vote, his uniquness in ugly Ogres is second to none, and he plays his Ogre like he's supposed to (big and dumb, :p).
Entertaining Posted - I'm torn between Slazton and Marius... eh, Slazton. He gets my vote this time.
Best Villain - I haven't met any, except one of Captain Marius' Grey Seers. That goes to him... again.

Leviathan
05-08-2005, 15:42
Hello,

Longest RPG would be unfair as my Traitor of the Inquisition wins hands down :D.

*CoughCoughABCbeenrunningforfouryearsCoughCough*

:p

Inquisitor Mikarovic
05-08-2005, 15:48
Mayhaps Slaz thinks the ABC is done and dusted. Wouldn't surprise me, it has kinda dwindled.

Slazton
05-08-2005, 16:20
Ah that was the longest running RPG (well not RPG, I would say Group or Faction thread ;)) on Portent, but this is WarSeer and take a look at the post counts :evilgrin:

Alas, it is true, it does seem the ABC has lost its merit, which is a shame really....................as it was funny and amusing to read whenever I looked into it.

warlordgrubnatz
05-08-2005, 16:26
my nominations are as follows
Best GM - Captain Marius.
Best Character - rottin' daniel's anthony in dead city-zombie roleplay, an insane old man who thinks zombies are veit cong.
Best RPG - tough but whitch hunter III
Best Player - hmmm not sure
Entertaining Posted - captain marius
Best Villain - don't realy know any

Commander X
05-08-2005, 17:23
My nominations;
*Snip*
Best Player - Here... Commander_X gets my vote, his uniquness in ugly Ogres is second to none, and he plays his Ogre like he's supposed to (big and dumb, :p).
*Snip*

I'm flattered - I guess.

My own nominations are still to be awaited, such a thing needs careful plotting and thinking.

And yes, I'm perfectly bribeable. :p

Antaeus
05-08-2005, 17:33
Right, we don't need the nominations here. Wait for the threads, which I will link to in this thread.

Slazton
05-08-2005, 17:35
Lets get it moving along then ;)

Lord Setra
05-08-2005, 22:34
ABC LIVES FOREVER!!

sorry had to get that out my system.

Yeah this should be good so lets get it going.

Leviathan
06-08-2005, 13:30
Hello,

As long as I have anything todo with it; the ABC will never die.

And the ABC has been an RPG for much longer than any other thread in the history of Portent.
I agree it started as a Faction but soon evolved into something so much more soon after that.
For the vast majority of its life it has been an RPG, with something like 15-20K posts to its name over those years.

I wish any other RPG the best of luck in topping that achievment.

The important thing to remember though is the ABC ain't done yet.

Shuya
06-08-2005, 15:05
Hmmm whos up for not letting the ABC be in any of the options :P

Xhalax
06-08-2005, 19:49
Be that as it may...since Warseer was reborn, it (ABC) hasn't been doing as great as it once was. So hopefully people will be voting on present threads and performances rather than on ones of the past.

Antaeus
06-08-2005, 20:12
Rightey ho. How this'll be running - six awards. If an award section gets less than five seconded nominees, it will be dropped (lack of interest makes it a bit pointless). I'll have the first round of threads up within an hour or so.

Edit: Hell with that, I had them up in about 10 minutes :) http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Sgt John Keel
06-08-2005, 20:47
Rightey ho. How this'll be running - six awards. If an award section gets less than five seconded nominees, it will be dropped (lack of interest makes it a bit pointless). I'll have the first round of threads up within an hour or so.

High hopes here. If that would have been a criteria for the Warseer awards, we wouldn't have had any at all. But the RPGers might be more dedicated?

/Adrian

Antaeus
06-08-2005, 20:58
Well, it seems a bit pointless to me only having three or four contestants for three awards. Those are the criteria I used last time. If there's five nominations, seconded or not, I'll make a final poll, I should have added that. If there's more than five though, an award will need to be seconded to make it in, if that makes any sense to anyone.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 21:35
Thought one couldn't nominate ones creations?

Antaeus
06-08-2005, 21:37
Nope, one cannot. 'Twould be somewhat immoral.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 21:43
Aparently morality is missed on some

Shuya
06-08-2005, 23:36
Wow ABC not mentioned yet in the awards. Im suprised

Sligtly different topic but i didnt want to make a new thread. Im looking to join some more Rpg's preferably ones that would let me be a Ratling/Halfling (40k/Fantasy respectably). Any suggestions

Wiseman
07-08-2005, 00:19
you can join infestation if ya want, ratling would be fine. Glad to see no ABC so far it died with portent,

Harlequin'sDance
07-08-2005, 00:49
Best GM - Slazton.
Best Character - Meracus
Best RPG - Traitor to the Inquisition
Best Player - Antaeus
Entertaining Posted - Xhalax
Best Villain - Haven't been around long enough to meet any.

Edit: And if you'd like a second ratling, Skewed Between Greys is desperate for more characters.

Xhalax
07-08-2005, 01:27
Entertaining Posted - Xhalax

Classy.

I'm glad I entertain someone...don't know when it happened. But still
:D :D :D

Harlequin'sDance
07-08-2005, 01:31
I have to say I'm a sucker for punishment. :p Getting alternately ignored and yelled at has probably been the most entertaining portion of traitor thusfar.

Commander X
08-08-2005, 10:43
Small stupid question of my side:

Where are the nomination threads? I appear unable to find them...

Xavier
08-08-2005, 13:07
http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Leviathan
08-08-2005, 15:20
Hello,

you can join infestation if ya want, ratling would be fine. Glad to see no ABC so far it died with portent,

*points to ABC thread on forum*

And I agree, if this is an RPG award only considering what has happened on the RPG forum for warseer then yes, there are other threads that diserve it more than the ABC currently. The ABC made a huge mark on Portent, it has yet to truly make a mark on Warseer.
Since this is the case I bow to the fresher threads that have kept the roleplaying forum a fun place.

What I' d like to stress though is the ABC in not dead.

Wiseman
08-08-2005, 15:31
i ment that it hadnt received anyawards yet:D and i know its not dead, its more like a wounded hunting dog limping aimlessly while still trying to live off its past glories. THE ABC WILL DIE. id like to propose the AABC. Anti-Anti Badger Crusade

Leviathan
08-08-2005, 15:52
Hello,

THE ABC WILL DIE. id like to propose the AABC. Anti-Anti Badger Crusade

I's been done.

Please stand-by whilst we dispatch ninja's to your location.

McGonigle
08-08-2005, 15:54
THE ABC WILL DIE. id like to propose the AABC. Anti-Anti Badger Crusade

Or alternately CBA = Crusade for Badgers Ancestial rights. Mainly since it ABC backwards, the joys of blunt posts

Commander X
08-08-2005, 20:04
http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

So we did put them in the normal awards section after all. Now it appears most of my nominations are already nominated, so I'll see if I still have some use there...

Xhalax
24-08-2005, 16:10
Voting for the awards is up....or at least 3 of the categories are up.

SO GET VOTING DAMMIT!!!!

Xhalax
28-08-2005, 22:30
More awards are up... SO GET VOTING!!!!

Xhalax
16-09-2005, 15:49
Well that's it.

The voting is over. The polls are finished and the results have been talllied.

But what happens now as some of the polls are tied?

Commander X
16-09-2005, 15:58
The same as with the other awards I think, the ties get the same place, but the one after that is skipped.(So if two are tied for 2nd place, they both get 2nd place, but there won't be a third place.)

But Antaeus should hurry up and make the ending official. Too bad he can't do that while away...

Xhalax
16-09-2005, 16:04
Yeah...I guess we'd better wait for Antaeus first.

I knew Freya wouldn't win Best Character. So I remain unsurprised about that.

Antaeus
17-09-2005, 13:41
I'll see what I can do about getting a compilation thread/post up asap. Harder while on the other side of the country, but I shall do my vewwy bestest.