PDA

View Full Version : Skaven - alternative look

Akuma
07-04-2005, 21:53
1 Grey Seer @ 275 Pts
General; Magic Level 4; Skaven Magic
Dispel Scroll [25]
Talisman of Protection [15]

Normal - I just like skaven magic - I'll try too keep him out of way with skitterleap and throw spells at the enemy. Normaly goes with one Clanrat unit.

1 Warlock Engineer @ 135 Pts
Magic Level 1; Supercharged WP Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy
Condenser; Warp Blades
Dispel Scroll [25]
Storm Daemon [25]

A character from skyer - aid Seer with warplighting and moves with another clanrat unit.

1 Plague Priest @ 114 Pts
Frenzy; 2ndWeapon
Liber Bubonicus [40]

My favorite character :D - he acts in 2 ways - as power familat and good aginst knights in cc ( due to occasionaly succesfull castings of pestilent breath ) + adds to the number of attacks that PM dissh out in cc.

28 Clanrats @ 259 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
1 Clawleader @ [10] Pts
1 Weapon Team @ [60] Pts
Ratling Gun

Typical organized in 5 wide 6 deep

28 Clanrats @ 259 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
1 Clawleader @ [10] Pts
1 Weapon Team @ [60] Pts
Ratling Gun

Same as above

12 Giant Rat Pack @ 60 Pts
2 Packmasters @ [0] Pts
Whip; Light Armour

Fest element - serves as fast support hiting flanks of tied up enemy units and occasionaly screen or serve as charge bait.

20 Clanrat Slaves @ 44 Pts
Musician

Add ranks guard flanks screen or flee the battlefild ( or everything not nececerli in that order )

28 Plague Monks @ 292 Pts
Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician
Umbranner [35]
1 Plague Deacon @ [10] Pts

Combat reg - lods of them - 6 wide and 5 deep - go after main enemy unit and try to tear it down.

4 Rat Ogres @ 200 Pts
4 Rat Ogre Packmasters

another combat reg - big strong and underestimated - brutal combination - also couse fear - so good aginst undead.

4 Gutter Runners Tunnelling Team @ 60 Pts
Tunnelling Team; 2ndWeapon

standar - kill warmashines

5 Warplock Jezzail teams @ 100 Pts
Jezzail; Pavise

Target flyers and cavalry

6 Plague Censer Bearers @ 102 Pts
Frenzy; Censer

Support PM and go for enemy cavlary

1 Warp-lightning Warp Cannon @ 100 Pts
Warp Lightning Cannon Misfires

Aginst flyers and cavalry and blocks of infantry

Casting Pool: 9

Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 150

Total Army Cost: 2000

Few things to have in mind

Skaven army has lods of numbers so thay usualy stick to overally same battle plan over and over agin. I dont want to use SAD or some other cheese stuff as this doesn't give me what i want from the game. I want to wait formy next and final army ( already have 5 of them :rolleyes: ) to the new WE - but with teh relese of battalion box for skaven it become cheeper to collect them ( rat ogres , giant rats and pm ).

I want this army comeptative on tournament level ( not cheese tournament thought ) but fair play one.

What do you think abiut it ??

therat
08-04-2005, 20:39
The Grey Seer is more often than not very unreliable. The mention of its name causes the gripping of dispel dice and the unrolling of scrolls. Its low LD takes away from the much needed morale boost a warlord provides. On top of that, all I can say is you'd better hope cavalry doesn't get near him or you're opponent will be raking in VPs directly and indirectly from his death (widespread skaven panic is perhaps the single most devastating blow to the army). I know keeping him out of harms way with skitterleap sounds like a nigh flawless plan, but your enemy ought realise that the casting or dispelling of that spell could mean victory or defeat on his part, so it would be likely dispelled (I know I'd rather a unit take a hit from warplightning than see an enemy general poof himself across the board when I could have snagged him). Other than that, you need more of a core basis. Bait and bludgeon is usually key for skaven, as sending out a couple units head on usually ends in disaster. Ogres and gutter runners are in there to do just what they should, so keep them around. Final note: I hate the warplightning cannon and would never disgrace my proud skaven by placing it among them

mad dog
09-04-2005, 07:10
What exactly makes this an alternative skaven list ?

It seems to contain all the elements usually found in a 2k skaven list.

Also a 4 gutter runner tunnel team isn't legal in my army book - minimum 5 models

I don't find the liber bubonicus any use at all. Pestilent breath on a frenzied character is just about useless. If you want a power familiar the eye of the horned rat is a better investment for the seer. With 5 warp stone tokens in the army do you need another power dice ? The best combo I have found for the plague priest is plague censer bearer, warpstone amulet (so what if he dies at the end - without it he's probably dead long before that) and if you have the points bands of power, S 10 on the charge makes him the umltimate knight/chariot killer.

TheNurglitch
06-07-2005, 13:50
A normal list, used with some imagination can do you much good ;-)

I also find the priest with Liber quite too expensive for what he can do.

Mad dog- are you the good, ole` mad dog from Portent?

Seventeen
06-07-2005, 17:17
Also a 4 gutter runner tunnel team isn't legal in my army book - minimum 5 models

actually its 3-10 on tunnel teams