PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves 2000 point

Caligula
18-04-2007, 20:08
Hey all. This is a little force I just decided to put together based on it's appearance and, to me, overall coolness factor. Now that that's been accomplished, I'd like to see just how effective it may be. You'll notice there isn't much in the way of forest spirits, and this is intentional...I wanted a mostly Elf army. Anyway, here's the list.

Spellweaver-
Level 4
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Divination Orb
A Lamentation of Despairs
@350pts.

Woof Elf Noble-
Great Weapon
Light Armour
Shield
Alter Kindred
The Helm of the Hunt
Hail of Doom Arrow
@158pts.

Wood Elf Noble-
Light Armour
Battle Standard Bearer
Faoghir-the Banner of Dwindling
@152pts.

10 Glade Guard-
Musician
Lord's Bowman
@132pts.

10 Glade Guard-
Musician
Lord's Bowman
@132pts.

8 Glade Guard Scouts
@136pts.

5 Glade Riders-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Horsemaster
@156pts.

19 Eternal Guard-
Musician
Standard Bearer
War Banner
Eternal
@283pts.

9 Wardancers-
Musician
Bladesinger
@183pts.

3 Warhawk Riders-
Wind Rider
@140pts.

5 Waywatchers-
Shadow Sentinel
@128pts.

Great Eagle
@50pts.

TOTAL-2000pts.

Now, I really like this army list, and the chances are it's a keeper for me. I like the way it looks, and like the way it plays. I also like the fact that it doesn't depend of forest spirits in any way, shape or form...something than can be rare to see among Wood Elf armies.

However, I'd love to hear how you think it will do on the battlefield. And of course, if you have any suggestions and such, it never hurts to say something regardless. Thanks for reading!

Vattendroppe
18-04-2007, 20:58
IMO a spellweaver is quite a waste of pts since WE aren't really magic heavy in any way. A highborn with a caddie, or a lvl 2 plus lvl 1 branchwraith is better of.

Don't know about the scouts either, they're already covered with the waywatchers. Also lords bowmen are quite waste of points, since IIRC they're as many pts as one more glade guard. Better to take an extra shot per turn then.

Caligula
19-04-2007, 02:32
Okay, thanks for the response, Vattendroppe! I'll look into making some of the changes you've suggested. I suppose I do want to add a Highborn, actually...but I'd rather not add a Branchwraith. I'd also like to keep my Alter Noble and Army BSB...so I guess a Level 2 Spellsinger is going to have to make up my magical defense, possibly armed with a Dispel Scroll and the Divination Orb.

I'm going to have to put some thought into how I want to build my Highborn, however. An emphasis on shooting would be nice, any suggestions?

Caligula
19-04-2007, 02:57
Okay, here's the revised list, including a Highborn geared towards ranged combat and a few other little changes.

Wood Elf Highborn-
Light Armour
The Bow of Loren
Stone of the Crystal Mere
@213pts.

Wood Elf Noble-
Great Weapon
Light Armour
Alter Kindred
The Helm of the Hunt
Hail of Doom Arrow
@156pts.

Wood Elf Noble-
Light Armour
Battle Standard Bearer
Faoghir-the Banner of Dwindling
@142pts.

Spellsinger-
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Divination Orb
@175pts.

10 Glade Guard-
Musician
Lord's Bowman
@132pts.

10 Glade Guard-
Musician
Lord's Bowman
@132pts.

8 Glade Guard Scouts
@136pts.

5 Glade Riders-
Musician
@129pts.

19 Eternal Guard-
Musician
Standard Bearer
War Banner
Eternal
@283pts.

9 Wardancers-
Musician
Bladesinger
@183pts.

3 Warhawk Riders-
Wind Rider
@140pts.

5 Waywatchers-
Shadow Sentinel
@128pts.

Great Eagle
@50pts.

TOTAL-1999pts.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure about the Highborn's build, so I'm definately looking for advice in regards to that. And everything else, I suppose;)

Vattendroppe
19-04-2007, 06:17
You could also gear the highborn with rhymers harp and have him go with the eternal guard. 5+ armour save and 5+ ward save, can be quite fun!

If you're going to have just one mage, IMO it's a waste of points having him lvl 2 in a 2K game. He isn't very likely to get any spell at all of if your opponent has magic defence. If you're lucky he'll get of one spell in each magic fase, but that is very unlikely. that's a solid 35 pts save if you decide to drop one level.

popisdead
30-04-2007, 05:37
Take beasts with your general or don't take a lvl 4.

Your BSB is not protected at all, and you're going to loose your stubborn, and VP for the BSB and other banner when that unit breaks. The Amber pendant and GW is the best combo for making EG stubborn.

The fact you are taking shooting champions makes me wonder how you got some things perfect (alter kindred) and yet made that mistake.

8 Scouts is 3 too many. Scouts don't do 'that' much offensively.

Drop the Std bearer and champion on the Glade Riders. I'm not being a dick, just tired and making this short. Roll a dice and see the difference between padding out the Glade Guard units a bit more vs a single dice roll for shooting. The one extra BS makes no difference.

Drop the champion on the Warhawk Riders or your opponent can nullify your purpose for them (mage hunting, he'll challenge to pull off 2 attacks that would've killed his mage).

Drop the champ on the WW's and take 6.