PDA

View Full Version : Variant Army Lists?

Freak Ona Leash
02-08-2005, 22:12
Yeah, we all know 'em. Those army lists in the back of some army books, they give a nice theme to an army. But they are "opponent's permission" only. Bugger. Or are they? I remember something that good old Mr. Gave Thorpe said. It amounts basically to this "Everything in the army books are "official". Everything else, like WD, Chronicles, Online is "unofficial"." So, first of all, did the person who told me this( I believe it was actually on Warseer...) just pull it out of his/her/it's ****? Or is it an actual staement by everyone's favorite GW employee? And if it is, does it cover the variant lists? I'm going to assume if ti is true, than it doesnt cover the variant lists but I'm not weel-versed in the ways of rules interpretation so I'll leave it open to our resident rule afficianados...

Sylass
02-08-2005, 22:17
The statement was a possible plan for the future. It's not the current state of the rules.

And even if they'll decide to make the content of Armybooks the only "official" lists, I guess they'll add an exception to the different variant lists from the back of the books.

After all, the majority of them are not properly developed & playtested.

Freak Ona Leash
02-08-2005, 22:19
Ah, so Freak was at least partially right. Thanks Sylass. :)