PDA

View Full Version : Fave tekken character

Blackrabbit33
02-08-2005, 22:12
My personal fave is King

Brother Frog
02-08-2005, 22:16
Too easy. Hwoarang or Baek. Why? Because I'm a 1st Dan in Tae Kwon Do!

Lostanddamned
02-08-2005, 22:56
Gon, he pisses off hardcore players especially when you turn round and fart on them

Don't say my humor is childish...

Brother Frog
02-08-2005, 23:08
I should mention that Hihachi is universally hated in my world. This is down to the fact that one of the dullest Beardy players who visits my local GW looks just like him...

Bubble Ghost
02-08-2005, 23:34
Too easy. Hwoarang or Baek. Why? Because I'm a 1st Dan in Tae Kwon Do!

Bruce, because I do kickboxing. Damn this is easy!:D Well, I also like the simplicity of his combos; just a great mix of no-frills brutality.

hairyman
03-08-2005, 09:01
Yoshimitsu, hands down... you need to do more that just hammer the kick button to play him, and his 10 hit combos are fantastic.

L6FR_BH_FKR
03-08-2005, 09:10
Definately Heihachi! Love his combo's, he's fast enough, has that awesome repulse move and who can resist his Tekken 4 alternate suit (you know, the thong one) :skull:

Kjell
03-08-2005, 11:45
Back when Tekken 1 was released, I liked Jack the most. No idea why. I suppose his Jackhammer did have something to do with it. I wasn't very old, and not that great at proper gaming. :p

Tekken 2, no idea. Paul, maybe? That mega-fist thing he does is slow but mighty fun when you do hit someone. Kazuya was Teh 3vil One and really damned annoying with his eye-lasers.

Tekken 3, hmm... I liked Bryan. Paul was still neat, though. Kin's also good, and so is Yoshimitsu. Eddy was fun, too. So's Heiachi, and... Well, you get the idea. I think I'll have to play through Tekken 3 again to decide once and for all which of them is my favourite. :p

Riddy
03-08-2005, 12:12
In the new Tekken my top 5 would have to be:
1.Baek
2.Jack 5
3.Lee - Gotta love his end video :evilgrin:
4.Raven
5.Hwoarang

In Tekken Tag:
1.Lee
2.Hwoarang
3.Baek
4.Eddy
5.Lei

In original Tekken Yoshimitsu is my fav character, mostly because you can perfect the whole game with one move...

I haven't played any other Tekken games so cant really comment on characters in them.

Ravening Wh0re
03-08-2005, 13:01
No contest. Yoshimitsu. How can you go wrong with an evolving mechanical space ninja?

Kaze
03-08-2005, 13:04
Personally, Jin kazama Tekken 3 / TTT version. The most complete character in the game, both kicking and punching. Good combos and some fast powerful moves. Tekken 4 version was also good, even faster than the previous, but the simplicity of the former beat this guy easily.

Captain Sicarius
03-08-2005, 16:46
Undefeated with either Kazuya or Lei Wulong :)

Speaking of which, you guys should try out Tekken 5, far superior to the rather poor Tekken 4...

Ravening Wh0re
03-08-2005, 16:49
Speaking of which, you guys should try out Tekken 5, far superior to the rather poor Tekken 4...

Indeed.

But Soul Calibur>Tekken :)

Inquisitor Mikarovic
03-08-2005, 17:22
Bryan Fury. Not because the value of his moves, his style, or anything like that.
It's 'cos he has an awesome evil laugh! :D

Feng Wei is a damn close second, though. He has, like, one combo with more than two hits in it. It's simple, hard-hitting stuff, with some neato flashy kung fu style to boot. His throws are also kinda cool. And his unblockable move is just awesome. Anyway, can't go wrong with a guy with a move called "Spear of Lu Bu". :cool:

hairyman
03-08-2005, 17:54
Indeed.

But Soul Calibur>Tekken :)

Streetfigher beats them all.... :evilgrin:

Blackrabbit33
03-08-2005, 18:00

true but thats not the topic of this thread

Ravening Wh0re
03-08-2005, 18:10

Ah.....
But which SF do you refer to?

Venomizer
03-08-2005, 18:23
King - always has been and probably always will be

closely followed by Jin & Christie

Freak Ona Leash
03-08-2005, 18:27
Wasnt there a panda bear in tekken? If there was, then that thing.

BorisGT
03-08-2005, 19:57
1. Paul
2. B. Fury

Can't compete with those two, you know. They = beast-mode.

(And yes, Street Fighter is the best fighting game series ever. And SF2 is the best incarnation in my opinion. The anniversary collection for PS2/XBOX is very nice and also include SF3: 3rd Strike. Not a bad game (SF3:3S) but 2 is certainly better.)

Ravening Wh0re
04-08-2005, 02:54
(And yes, Street Fighter is the best fighting game series ever. And SF2 is the best incarnation in my opinion. The anniversary collection for PS2/XBOX is very nice and also include SF3: 3rd Strike. Not a bad game (SF3:3S) but 2 is certainly better.)

Grrr :mad: . You must be American then. Cos in the UK we only have Anniversary Edition and it doesn't have SF3. It's quite unfair.

Although my brother and I play SSF2T most, when you think about it, SF3 is superior in almost every way. But it doesn't have FeiLong so bleh

BorisGT
04-08-2005, 03:28
Grrr :mad: . You must be American then. Cos in the UK we only have Anniversary Edition and it doesn't have SF3. It's quite unfair.

Although my brother and I play SSF2T most, when you think about it, SF3 is superior in almost every way. But it doesn't have FeiLong so bleh

That sucks dude. You can come over my house and play SF3:3S with me if you'd like. Though, I doubt the air-fare would justify the gaming.

Ravening Wh0re
04-08-2005, 03:36
That sucks dude. You can come over my house and play SF3:3S with me if you'd like. Though, I doubt the air-fare would justify the gaming.

I might just take you up on that offer :D, when I'm next in town.

Bubble Ghost
04-08-2005, 05:00
The best Streetfighter is Hyper Fighting. It has the best blend of balance and accessibility. Super Turbo was probably better but it's completely baffling for newcomers; HF has far more of a timeless quality to it. Then again, in the Anniversary version you can just play as plain old World Warrior Guile and stuff everyone.

And I'd like to echo Ravening's annoyance at not getting SF3:3S on our Anniversary Collection.:mad: I asked the guys in my local Gamestation why that was, and they were sure there was some technical reason, they just couldn't remember exactly what it was. Hmmm.

Catterjee
04-08-2005, 08:32
3 way tie for me.
1)King because he's just awesome and back in the T2 days I could do his multi-throw with my eyes shut.
2)Violet because he had style, though Lee was the better character
3)Bryan because he's Rutger Hauer.

As for the Street Fighter sub-thread, the best Street Fighter title is SFIII: Third Strike. I have never played seen another fighting game so perfectly balanced. Even KOF 98 has its weaklings. Its only real competition is Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and TS certainly has the edge over that. And the animation... so fluid.

BorisGT
04-08-2005, 13:42
As for the Street Fighter sub-thread, the best Street Fighter title is SFIII: Third Strike. I have never played seen another fighting game so perfectly balanced. Even KOF 98 has its weaklings. Its only real competition is Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and TS certainly has the edge over that. And the animation... so fluid.

I agree with the balance. Even the crappy characters have redeeming qualities, or devastating moves (by crappy characters I mean the ones that are lame, such as Q, or XII, or Oro).

Catterjee
04-08-2005, 17:04
Hey, I like Twelve...