PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Ogre Kingdoms list

Caligula
19-04-2007, 02:29
Greetings once again all. I'm still toying around with the idea of an Ogre Kingdoms army for some reason, and this is the current 2000 point list I'm thinking of. Please feel free to share your thoughts on this, as I'm still learning the..."nuances" of the OK army;)

Tyrant-
Heavy Armour
Luck-Gnoblar
Kineater
The Tenderiser
Gnoblar Thiefstone
@311pts.

Butcher-
x2 Tooth-Gnoblars
Bloodcleaver
Skullmantle
@185pts.

Butcher-
x2 Tooth-Gnoblars
Bangstick
Dispel Scroll
@190pts.

5 Bulls-
Additional Hand Weapons
Bellower
@205pts.

4 Bulls-
Additional Hand Weapons
Bellower
@166pts.

4 Ironguts-
Gutlord
Bellower
Standard Bearer
Rune Maw
@262pts.

2 Leadbelchers-
Bellower
@120pts.

2 Leadbelchers-
Bellower
@120pts.

24 Gnoblar Fighters
@48pts.

24 Gnoblar Fighters
@48pts.

3 Yhetees
@195pts.

Gorger
@75pts.

Gorger
@75pts.

TOTAL-2000pts.

Thoughts?

MalusCalibur
19-04-2007, 13:00
Tyrant-
Heavy Armour
Luck-Gnoblar
Kineater
The Tenderiser
Gnoblar Thiefstone
@311pts.

I really don't like the Tenderiser. Sure, it CAN swing a combat way into your favour, but you're relying on there being someone you can challenge, whether they accept, and whether or not you whiff your dice rolls. Without a challenge opponent it becomes a VERY expensive Great Weapon. In which case I'd stick with a normal one. The Luck Gnoblar is probably a waste but everything else is good. Fistful of Laurels might be worth considering.

Butcher-
x2 Tooth-Gnoblars
Bloodcleaver
Skullmantle
@185pts.

I don't like the Bloodcleaver, either. It's a bit situational, and you can heal yourself anyway with the Bloodgruel spell (though it is a bit riskier). If you want a 'fight-y' Butcher, pair up the Siegebreaker (no one expects that :P) with the Skullmantle. I'd limit the Tooth Gnoblars to 0-1.

Butcher-
x2 Tooth-Gnoblars
Bangstick
Dispel Scroll
@190pts.

Yup he's fine. Same deal with the Gnoblars as the other one, though.

5 Bulls-
Additional Hand Weapons
Bellower
@205pts.

4 Bulls-
Additional Hand Weapons
Bellower
@166pts.

I am not a believer in blocks of Ogres. You're paying points for Ogres that won't be doing anything apart from providing ablative Wounds, and Ogres are far too expensive for that. You want them all capable of dealing out pain, which is what Ogres do best. With this in mind I would seriously consider cutting Bull units down to 3 with no upgrades at all, and using them for baiting/fleeing, combined charges, screening etc. Additional Hand Weapons are useful though: if you want to give them anything make it those.

4 Ironguts-
Gutlord
Bellower
Standard Bearer
Rune Maw
@262pts.

4 Ironguts is a good number (they need to be a hammer). However, the command is a bad idea. Standards are easy VP's for your opponents-you should be winning combats on Wounds caused: again, it's what Ogres do best. The Champion is an utter waste since you pay a premium (20pts!) for ONE extra Attack. The Musician is your choice but personally I'd shave points and lose it. I would also strongly recommend a second unit of 4 Ironguts (you need more hammers, Bulls are not really suited for that role).

2 Leadbelchers-
Bellower
@120pts.

2 Leadbelchers-
Bellower
@120pts.

The Musicians are a waste. Otherwise great.

24 Gnoblar Fighters
@48pts.

24 Gnoblar Fighters
@48pts.

Why not units of 25?

3 Yhetees
@195pts.

I've heard good things about them. Just make sure you use them properly and keep them shielded from magic and shooting.

Gorger
@75pts.

Gorger
@75pts.

Excellent. That's what Ogre Rare slots are for.

It's a good start, just needs the odd tweak here and there.

With the points saved from reducing units and losing command where it isn't needed, try and fit some Gnoblar Trappers in there. Those little guys are incredibly useful, and for 6pts each who cares what happens to them?

MalusCalibur