PDA

View Full Version : Armed to da teef

UltimateNagash
19-04-2007, 21:14
Can Black Orcs be engaged in combat for a round using great weapons, then in the turn combat phase (still engaged against the same unit) swap to something like 2 hand weapons?
Or not...
Here's the rule: "At the start of each combat, a unit of Black Orcs can choose to either with single choppa (in case they have shields), two choppas or with a great weapon."

Thanks

Arnizipal
19-04-2007, 21:16
It's the start of each combat, not each combat phase.

So no.

UltimateNagash
19-04-2007, 21:17
That's what I was checking. Cheers

TheWarSmith
19-04-2007, 21:25
hehe, Nagash, checking for me, are ya?

Thanks.

UltimateNagash
19-04-2007, 21:30
And for me when I get my BlOrcs made (along with the rest of my army :D)

Vattendroppe
20-04-2007, 05:25
This armed to da teef seems to cause pretty much problems.

DaBrode
20-04-2007, 05:57
This armed to da teef seems to cause pretty much problems.

Only for those of us that don't speak GW. :evilgrin:

(Actually I think it's a pretty clear and concise rule...not sure what the questions are always about?) :confused:

TheWarSmith
20-04-2007, 06:11
what i'm mainly confused with is why armed to da teef needed to be a special rule if it apparently just acts as they they have all the weapons they do.

Is it not allowed for a chaos warrior to purchase a great weapon AND an additional hand weapon, thereby giving him a choice of what to use in combat, or can he only have one or the other? If he can have both, then why wouldn't they just say black orcs come with all the choices they do?

The fact that it's a special rule seems to imply some sort of rules exception.

Avian
20-04-2007, 10:00
what i'm mainly confused with is why armed to da teef needed to be a special rule if it apparently just acts as they they have all the weapons they do.
The reason is that GW are obsessed about WYSIWYG and are concerned that it would cause trouble between players if the majority of the models were not equipped with both a great weapon and additional hand weapons.

It's the same reason why common Goblins now start with light armour instead of a shield.

UltimateNagash
20-04-2007, 12:03
Still think it would have been good to be the start of each combat phase ;) That would have actually justified it having a Special Rule...

DaBrode
20-04-2007, 12:10

:wtf:

This is the most redundant statement I've heard as of late. That's the point of Armed to da teef, they have every weapon option and there is no extra point cost.

If you are pointing out options for your chaos warriors and buying extra options than you aren't Armed to Da teef....cuz that "special rule" is free.

UltimateNagash
20-04-2007, 12:11
They could have just put equipment: 2 hand weapons, great weapon and heavy armour.
They may buy shields for X points per model.

TheWarSmith
20-04-2007, 12:32
:wtf:

This is the most redundant statement I've heard as of late. That's the point of Armed to da teef, they have every weapon option and there is no extra point cost.

If you are pointing out options for your chaos warriors and buying extra options than you aren't Armed to Da teef....cuz that "special rule" is free.

Read Nagash' post below. He reflects what I mean exactly. Why not just have their equipment as :great weapons, additional hand weapons, shields +1 point each.

Seems simpler to me. Although, I must admit, I do enjoy saying "armed to da teef", like a British orc.

Sanjuro
20-04-2007, 12:58
Armed to da teef is basically the same rule that the Warriors of Ulric has. I don't recall what it is called (perhaps "individuals" or summat like that), but in effect it allows the player to model the unit with a bunch of different weapon options, but the entire unit counts as having just the one (spears/halberds/hand weapons...). That is also a purely WYSIWYG special rule and is also similarly ********.

DeathlessDraich
20-04-2007, 15:14
Read Nagash' post below. He reflects what I mean exactly. Why not just have their equipment as :great weapons, additional hand weapons, shields +1 point each.

Seems simpler to me. Although, I must admit, I do enjoy saying "armed to da teef", like a British orc.

British Orc? You obviously stumbled into Highbury on a match day:p
Wicked bruv! Safe blood!

Jonke
20-04-2007, 16:17
Armed to da teef is basically the same rule that the Warriors of Ulric has. I don't recall what it is called (perhaps "individuals" or summat like that), but in effect it allows the player to model the unit with a bunch of different weapon options, but the entire unit counts as having just the one (spears/halberds/hand weapons...). That is also a purely WYSIWYG special rule and is also similarly ********.

You can model the models any way you like and they still count as carrying two hand weapons and a great weapon. You don't have to choose prior battle wich.

Peace!

UltimateNagash
20-04-2007, 16:27
Well, it's an un-needed rule. At the moment I've got an normal Orc Boyz unit with 2 hand weapons, shields, spears and whatnot all modeled in. Just cause they're Orcs, when they're called to war they grab their 'ittin stuff and come running!
But I will just say to people this is an Orc unit with hand weapon and shield. I'll just make sure the majority of the unit is armed like that ;)

Griefbringer
21-04-2007, 08:23
You can model the models any way you like and they still count as carrying two hand weapons and a great weapon.

Ah, the joys of modelling a unit of black orcs equipped with pom-poms, turnips, inflated squig bladders, lucky rabbit feet, buckets of water, pillows and violins, and still benefiting from the "Armed to Dark Angels Teef" special rule! :evilgrin:

Vattendroppe
21-04-2007, 08:48
Ah, the joys of modelling a unit of black orcs equipped with pom-poms, turnips, inflated squig bladders, lucky rabbit feet, buckets of water, pillows and violins, and still benefiting from the "Armed to Dark Angels Teef" special rule! :evilgrin:

Haha, I would REALLY like to see that on a GW tournament! They wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING about it, it follows WYSIWYG, how lovely wouldn't that be! :D

Sanjuro
21-04-2007, 13:24
You can model the models any way you like and they still count as carrying two hand weapons and a great weapon. You don't have to choose prior battle wich.

Peace!

Indeed. Never said anything about that and I can't see why you would get that idea. :)

I was comparing the armed to da teef rule with the Ulric special rule that is very similar in intent - in effect, they are both WYSIWYG rules (which I stated in my previous post, should you have bothered to read it). I was giving another example of GW's increasing obsession with WYSIWYG in fantasy, a somewhat disheartening trend.

Peace!

Jonke
21-04-2007, 16:04
I did read your post. It was this line that confused me:

but the entire unit counts as having just the one (spears/halberds/hand weapons...).

I guess I misunderstood. Once again proving short text messages is the worst possible way to communicate.

Peace!

Sanjuro
22-04-2007, 22:51
Once again proving short text messages is the worst possible way to communicate.

Peace!

Too true! Well, sorry for any misunderstandings on my part, no hard feelings right?

Orcboy_Phil
23-04-2007, 00:35
Tis the same as the Dwarfs Slayer Axes rule, except wih a sheild option.