PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt Slaaneshi HoC list

Havarel
19-04-2007, 21:31
Hi

Time for my firts fantasy battle, vs a highly experienced dwarf player (if he doesn't go easy on me I'll physically beat him). Hes likely to field a lot of dwarves and artillery...

Anyway, I've been advised to go very 'fast' with my army, so here we go:

Champion on Steed of Slaanesh: Biting Blade, Enchanted Shield
12x Warriors of Slaanesh with two hand weapons and Full Command
20x Marauders with shields and Full Command
5 x Marauder Horsemen with Shields, Spears and Full Command
5 x Furies

The idea is to get across the board as quickly as possible and try to flank/rear attack the dwarves to cause them to flee.
Any advice/improvements are appreciated.

Da Black Gobbo
20-04-2007, 08:19
well your list have a little problem, you have your army divided, i mean the half part of your army is fast moving but the 2 infantry blocks will not take part into the brawl, i'll recomend you to add more infantry or more calvary, anyways is a good list against dwarfs if you can eliminate their cannons and far killing stuff.

Good luck and beware de Slayers!

Havarel
20-04-2007, 08:39
Thanks! I decided to drop a unit of marauder horsemen and take another 10-man unit of marauders. I've heard how slow dwarves are, so plan to use my mobility to out maneouver him

BloodiedSword
20-04-2007, 11:56
It's probably worth giving the Warriors shields as well. It will help a lot when you're being peppered with Crossbows or Blackpowder as well as giving you the option of fighting with HW+S in combat - very useful if you can't get a flank charge and need to hold a big unit in place while you flank with another.

Also, don't rely too much on the Marauder Horsemen. They are still relatively weak units, and even a flank charge by them is most likely just going to bounce off a Dwarf infantry block without support. I'd drop another unit of them and the Furies (a unit of 5 really isn't going to do anything) and add another unit of 10 Marauders with Great Weapons for flanking, and bulk out your two infantry blocks.

Havarel
20-04-2007, 22:51
The three horseman units are there for war-machine hunting and support flank attacks, so I'm hesitant to drop a squad of them, but the furies can go. I'll replace them with 10 marauders with great weapons, will hopefully do a fair bit of damage. And the warriors will be updated to carry shields instead of hand weapons.

Martyr
20-04-2007, 23:31
Since this is an experienced Dwarf player I would suggest, bringing some chosen/regular knights into the mix. You are going to need some hitters that have good saves. Subborn Dwarfs are a hassle, trust me. They have a 10 Ld and if they are stubborn that means they roll always roll an unmodified Ld. Slaanesh is a good mark to give them, means they won't panic and will ONLY have to break test which you should expect to happen early if the dwarf player is shooty and arty heavy. I would honestly suggest dropping the warriors all together that woul dfree up 182 points. The reason I say drop them all together is because warriors IMHO are not cost effective, and you are going to need to win combat resolution if you plan on doing anything against Dwarfs and even THAT won't be easy.

Everything in your list will be for naught, if you don't put some screeners in there. Hounds work great and will soak up bolts and bullets for cheap and allow your hitters to move in and get those flanks, if you don't have them you can kiss your army good bye before they get half way across the board. Beast herds work even better as they can actually win CR.

REMEMBER!!! You are going to need to win CR because if you don't have enough wounds and ranks per unit to win CR guess what happens, that's right you LOSE CR and even though you won' t panic most Dwarfs will last enough rounds to break you. You will need to get across the board fast, but you are going to need to get there as much unscathed as possible.

I would say drop the warriors, drop all but 2 horsemen units. Get some knights (make them chosen if you have the points left over), get some screens in there by either hounds or beast herds. I would say leave the furies but beef them up a little maybe to 8 or so. Get 2 blocks of 20 marauders if you can fit them in point wise. Arming them with Greatweapons would be a great idea as their initiative is going to be lower than yours. I would say arm your Horsemen with Flails and give them a musician ONLY full command is wasted on them you really only need the extra rallying umph.

Next advice would be pray. Expect to get shot... a lot! If he fields slayers I would say put a sorcerer in their and have the sorcerer pick at them. If those orange haired lawn mowers get ahold of your marauder blocks, you can kiss them goodbye.

Good luck and may the Dark Gods' wrath be poured out on your enemies.

-Martyr

popisdead
30-04-2007, 04:18
Since you're not going for a balanced list take stuff that moves 7 - 10 inches, or stuff that has a hellcannon backing it.

Dwarfs are pretty solid, and the threat of being him up is kinda boring.