PDA

View Full Version : Gnoblar Rules (translated from spanish gw site) + request

ETP
19-04-2007, 21:46
Hello All, For the last little while id been searching around for the Gnoblar Horde army list, and couldnt find it anywhere. I know its in White Dwarf 303/310 depending on where you are, but i didnt have access to it. It used to be available online in Games Workshop sites, but now i cant find it anywhere.

I finally located it on the spanish games workshop site, so just in case anyone else was looking for it, i thought id post up the link so someone could find it:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.games-workshop.es%2Fwarhammer%2Fogros%2Fayudas%2Fgnoblar s_01.asp&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

if that wont work for you just go to the spanish site manually and check the ogre section its there, and use a translator like google.

However, its not perfect, and i was hoping perhaps someone has a copy in english that could be shared. Technically its still a free article online in games workshop so it shouldnt be an issue distributing it. Or perhaps someone could tell me if the current Army Builder (3.1a) has it. I looked but could not find any entry for the gnoblar horde list in there.. am i just not clicking the right options?

Any help would be appreciated. Gnoblars > all.

A neutral shade of black.
19-04-2007, 21:51
Technically its still a free article online in games workshop

You'd still be distributing GW IP without their permission, which is illegal.

ETP
19-04-2007, 21:54
yet its posted free for all to see online, im just asking for a more readable copy

Sanjuro
19-04-2007, 22:03
What's not readable about this:

The fights, rackets, woods and acuchillamientos by the back are so current in the culture to gnoblar that these green skins will get to stop in half of the battlefield to even solve a fight. Or because they have been with one more a small creature who they and to whom can hurt, because they are in the middle of a dispute by the possession of some booty piece or because they are watching a combat while they hurgan the nose, the Gnoblars have a great tendency not to do anything.

I mean, that's pretty much up to GW standard when it comes to clarity.

ETP
19-04-2007, 22:06
lol aint that the truth

Darknight
19-04-2007, 22:22
while they hurgan the nose

I'm always getting distracted while I hurgan the nose. My wife, she likes to hurgan the nose too, although my father doesn't see the fun it it.

lparigi34
20-04-2007, 01:30
Eh... While I'm in the middle of hurgando my own nose, can you guys tell me in which US WD is the list, does not seem any of the above mentioned... Thanks...

ETP
20-04-2007, 04:23
I do believe it is the US White Dwarf #303 that printed the gnoblar horde army list

lparigi34
20-04-2007, 06:28
I just overlooked it... but right, it is here...

Da Black Gobbo
20-04-2007, 09:12
hmmm i'm spanish if you want i can translate it but only if you really want i'm not going to work just for fun ;) .

ETP
20-04-2007, 22:55
I dont think that would be necessary, most of it can be made out with only a bit of trouble, i dont want to cause extra work for anyone. But if anyone does already have a translation that would be different. Thank you very much for the kind offer however.

ETP
22-04-2007, 06:41
A question for people concerning gnoblar armies. Im considering making a gnoblar horde army, in addition to a standard ogre kingdoms army, but im wondering if it would be worth the trouble. Currently Gnoblar Horde lists are not 'official', requiring the permission of the tournament organizer etc. Does this mean its just not worth it? Would i ever actually get to play the thing? Does anyone else have experience playing, or playing against a Gnoblar Horde list and would like to chime in about it?

lparigi34
22-04-2007, 16:15
I think that among friends or non-competitive gaming it will be Ok. In tournaments it is unlikely that the list will be accepted, unless you have some influence in the event organization and/or you write the organizers previously of your intention of using the list.

Sanjuro
22-04-2007, 23:13
The Gnoblar Horde is super-not worth it. I'm not sure, but it could possibly be the most expensive army in the entirety of Warhammer to collect, and it is a poor gimmick army at that.

I say waste no time with gimmicks like this. It could concievably be good for a laugh for a game or two, but it would get old really fast. And then you will have shelled out a bajillion bucks for an army with virtually no resale value and no real playability.

The Gnoblar Horde is an army list meant to be read and chuckled at - not to actually be collected and played. They must have been Under The Influence when they dreamed it up.

Bretagne
23-04-2007, 00:13
whoa thats an ugly army. anyways, yeah i dont think anyone should play this. its just a big joke.

Bretagne
23-04-2007, 00:27
haha, booty piece.

ETP
24-04-2007, 08:20
Hrmm, its so unfortunate about their status as unofficial. Despite their jokey nature i think its one heck on an interesting list. Luck Gnoblars are probably my favorite warhammer unit ever, and the few harder hitting options make it pretty cool, tis a shame. Ill still work on one in my spare time though, while assembling a real army. Even though its probably suicide, i like the idea of a less hordey version with more of the bigger guys to make the army less jokey. Dont know if that would work though, but between Yhetees, Rhinoxen, Giants and Wolfriders the army doesnt have to be totally limp-wristed.

ZomboCom
24-04-2007, 14:34
My brother has a 2000 point gnoblar horde.

Then again, he also has an elysian drop troops army, so he's not sensible.

Kadrium
24-04-2007, 16:31
It would be nice if GW would post these sorts of things on all the sites universally. I recall that the Ghark Ironskin rules and the Ironskin Tribe list were only posted on the German website until the admin of the Ogre Stronghold forums bugged them enough to get it posted in english.

Arhalien
24-04-2007, 16:38
So is there nowhere that this list is available in English?

ETP
25-04-2007, 03:00
Yeah, its a shame that they dont have all the sites working together to keep info universal. However, the gnoblar rules were, for a time, on the english sites aswell. I believe it was taken down to help people keep track of official vs unofficial armies.
I was able to get a copy of the english list myself (thanks btw to he who helped me out with that).