PDA

View Full Version : New Pot Noodle adverts

Kaiyanwang
07-04-2005, 22:26
The ones with the "Pot Noodle Horn" need more Vikings. Just picture it:

The person with the horn blows it resoundingly.
A quartet of Vikings charge in carrying a palanquin, upon which rests a pyramid of various Pot Noodles.
They charge up to the person who blew the horn, give him/her an appraising stare (complete with "Hrmmm..." noise) and then select a Pot Noodle, handing it to the person.
The Vikings then charge away, perhaps dragging off a random woman or setting the place on fire.

Opinions?

Ass Goblin
07-04-2005, 22:28
I view it as silly. I don't like ads to start with and stupid ones are just showing the general lack of inteligence on TV these days.

Minister
07-04-2005, 22:33
I view all Pot Noodle adverts that I can remember as ranging from stupid to grating, and the stuff they're advertising is rancid.

Kaiyanwang
07-04-2005, 22:40
I view it as silly. I don't like ads to start with and stupid ones are just showing the general lack of inteligence on TV these days.

Yeah, that's the point - if they're going to do such a stupid advert, featuring blokes with bugels down their trousers, they might as well go for full-blown surrealism.
I agree with the dislike of adverts in general, especially as most of them are for "home-owner loans" etc. Those ones are moronic >_< Mind you, all TV is getting bland and craptastic these days.

I view all Pot Noodle adverts that I can remember as ranging from stupid to grating, and the stuff they're advertising is rancid.

Did you ever understand what was up with the last batch, the ones that implied Pot Noodles were the prostitutes of the snack food world? Those were weird o_O I have just about lived on Pot Noodles before, but I wouldn't want to ever again.

athamas
07-04-2005, 22:45
i have no idea what they were trying to do.. but it was a hopeless cause IMO.... i just dont get them!

m1s1n
07-04-2005, 23:06
What the hell is a pot noodle?

Aren't all noodles generally cooked in a pot?
And since when did vikings care about noodles? I thought they were into raping, pillaging, and eating the dead.

I'm so confused. Back to my Quizno's ads.

Marsekay
07-04-2005, 23:51
A pot noodle is instant noodles in a little plastic "pot" you just add boiling water, if you add too much its like water and rank.
I like mine thick. any watery noodle fanciers out there?

m1s1n
08-04-2005, 00:21
So it's one of those ramen in a cup things. Gotcha. That was so much easier.

Gop
08-04-2005, 01:30
I prefer to cook my own ramen and add lots of other stuff eg. meat, veg, stock etc. It turns out much better than pot noodles like suijmin etc. Before bagging noodles, get thee to a good vietnamese noodle house - it's close to food heaven! :)

neXus6
08-04-2005, 03:09
Never liked potnoodle, just tastes plain bad.
And they've always had rubbish ads and this one is no exception.

...I think that covers my views on the subject pretty well. :p

Rich
08-04-2005, 19:53
Pot noodles aren't that bad - I look forward to some kind of alternative universe where they are actually edible though. It's the nasty collection of stuff at the bottom that really puts me off!

Festering Chantor
08-04-2005, 20:01
It's stuff like that gives us Vikings a bad reputation...
Oh yeah, that and the most unfortunate 'Lindesfarne'-incident...

Yorkiebar
08-04-2005, 20:04
The only adverts worth talking about are amazingly good or funny ones (like the Honda adverts - so brilliantly designed), or ones that are so bad they're funny.

Wez
08-04-2005, 21:17
You may hate them, but they've done their job. You've remembered them. In fact, you even started a thread about them. Few other adverts manage that. Your thread's giving Pot Noodle even more publicity.

Artistically you may call them crap, but from the point of view of Pot Noodle they're very good. They've done their job perfectly.

-Wez

Cheesejoff
09-04-2005, 16:34
The pot noodle horn was just...*turns off TV*

Your advert might actually be humorous. Better than all the other ones anyway.

Shuya
10-04-2005, 04:17
all adverts are on the decilne, part from the volvic stripper advert, thats just golden

but i feel the pot noodle is just an attempt to broadcast 1 giant inuendo cuz they can

Kargos Bloodspit
10-04-2005, 19:04
Used to like pot noodles. Then i realised how bad they were. Super Noodles in a bowl will do me :)

mmmmm Super Noodles.

Shuya
10-04-2005, 20:06
Im Allergic To Noodles T.T