PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2000pts

Zechs Merquise
03-08-2005, 03:36
Here is my 2000 point vampire count army. let me know what you think, any comments would be apreciated.

Necrarch Vampire Count 335
Level 2 (35), The Awakening (25), Ring of the Night (30), Spell Familiar (15),
Dark Acolyte (25)

Necromancer 150
Level 2 (35), Book of Akran (25), Dispel Scroll (25).

Necromancer 140
Level 2 (35), Black periapt (15), Dispel Scroll (25)

Necromancer 140
Level 2 (35), Staff of Dammination

20 Skeletons 185
Standard (10), musician (5), Captain (10).

20 Skeletons 185
Standard (10), musician (5), Captain (10).

25 Zombies 165
Standard (10), musician (5).

25 Zombies 165
Standard (10), musician (5).

9 Ghouls 45

9 Ghouls 45

5 Dire wolves 50

5 Dire wolves 50

3 Fell Bats 60

3 Spirit Hosts 195

Banshee 90

Total: 2000

Alco Engineer
03-08-2005, 03:42
Very similar to what I'd take but you have no wights? I'd always take either GG or Black Knights. They're your only decent fighting units in the army and if your vampire's in it for the magic then you'll need all the help you can get. especially if you're against a half decent opponent. (the ogre kingdoms army I fought last night was bloody tough)

Edit: Also upgrade your skely's even if you don't start with as many, then when you reinforce the unit they all get the upgrades. I always take light armour and spears on skely units.

fubukii
03-08-2005, 06:41
hmmm you took a necarch but kept him lvl 2 ^.^ id suggest making him a carestin or a strigoi for a extra combat punch that your army lacks or with 3 necros you can afford him to be a blood dragon :)

Riddy
03-08-2005, 07:52
I agree with fubukii, why take a Necrarch if you are only going to make him Lv2, the main reason people take them is for added magic support but any vampire count can be Lv2 and all of them can fight better than a Necrarch.

I also think you need something hard hitting, black knights, grave guard, ogre allies, black coach, anything that can deal enough damage to win you combat, just now your units aren't going to be able to win combats other than by war of attrition and flank charges, even then some enemy units will be able to beat you. You simply need casualty causing ability, something the above army doesn't have.

fubukii
03-08-2005, 08:01
id suggest dropin 1 spirit host some ghouls and some zombies and throwin in some black knigts.
141 pts will get you black knights with barding and a unit champion 6 str 6 attacks on the charge a very good flanking unit :)

Zechs Merquise
03-08-2005, 08:03
hmmm you took a necarch but kept him lvl 2 ^.^ id suggest making him a carestin or a strigoi for a extra combat punch that your army lacks or with 3 necros you can afford him to be a blood dragon

Well with Dark Acolyte and the familiar he essentially is a level 3, except for one less dispel dice (the reson for this combination instead of Nehekharas noble blood, was beacuse I wanted a familiar with my necrarch for fluff reasons...plus its 5 points cheaper).

If I was to make him a Vampire lord to gain an extra level, then I would have to sacrifice a level 2 necro, and therefore be sacrificing two magic levels for one.
ery similar to what I'd take but you have no wights? I'd always take either GG or Black Knights. They're your only decent fighting units in the army and if your vampire's in it for the magic then you'll need all the help you can get. especially if you're against a half decent opponent. (the ogre kingdoms army I fought last night was bloody tough)

I have actually been thinking of reducing the size of the Zombie and skeleton regiments (because it shouldnt be too hard to increase there no. through raising during the game) for some Black knights.

gortexgunnerson
03-08-2005, 16:35
I would drop number on all the skeleies and zombies and then use them like bases more them up and weak units and then as soon as it looks like a fight raise lots onto your little island. As you said you have 8 levels of magic shouldn't be hard to raise more.

Increase fellbats to 4 as then you can autobreak a warmachine crew through fear even if you don't kill anything v useful.

I'd also take GG rather then knights as you have alot of infantry so the GG will adavance with your army and you will fight as one with knights they will just ride off on their own and get eaten/be an easy target

Tormentor of Slaanesh
03-08-2005, 18:17
the ghouls are a bit un-nechrachish. they are also lots more points than 45 for 9. they are 72. if u must have them, have ghasts. if u use them as speedbumps raise zombies, its more in character

Lady's Champion
03-08-2005, 19:03
He's right the ghouls are more expensive

fubukii
03-08-2005, 23:50
ghouls are best used as a skirmish shield and or taking out lighter armored units. and yea 9 ghouls is quite expensive and def not 45 pts :)