PDA

View Full Version : Warseer Official League second round

tenpole
21-04-2007, 00:21
Any official statements from our beloved leader when this will be taking place?
I see Yorkie and Thor have not played their game yet and Riddy has still disappeared. Zombie rumours anyone?
Lord Snotball will have to try the weekend to get his game in against Sigmars with his different time zone.

LordSnotball
21-04-2007, 10:49
lol...

thats presuming the following:
a) sigmar actually gets online
b) sigmar actually responding to a PM
c) the 3rd round starting today (i wish)

dont wait for my match, sigmar gets online for 30 min and 'looks' active with absolutely no communication whatsoever. just end the bloody round, im bored here!

btw, why didnt u post this in the stagnant thread?

tenpole
21-04-2007, 15:43
That thread was just too stagnant man.

LordSnotball
21-04-2007, 18:35
lol

the message entered is too short!

Lol!

LordSnotball
23-04-2007, 09:15
ok,

i propose that do the following replacements:

Sigmarschamp's "da smasha boys" with Lardidar's Strangleroot Wanderers"
Riddy's "Xini Warseers" with Vypyr's "Araby Saracens"

As soon as you have done that, end the round and let round 2 start... most matches should happen after that

Lardidar
23-04-2007, 13:47
Just to let you know, I will happily take the place of someon who has dropped out.

I can play most evenings and some afternoons, so it should not be too hard to fit games in :)

Autobot HQ
23-04-2007, 18:12
2nd Round has been started, with the replacements suggested by Snottie. There's only 4 rounds in this now, and after that WE'LL decide the future of the league, though at the moment it looks like it will be set up as an open tournament, with the hope that people wont hunt down the weaker players.

I'll be messaging everyone on Fumbbl also telling people that the 2nd round has started. Time limit in place is 10 days.

A-HQ

vypyr
23-04-2007, 22:14
sweet, glad to be taking part!

tenpole
23-04-2007, 22:27
Well looks like Tenpole Tuffties are now worthy to play the great Athletico Middenheim. Game on.

Lardidar
23-04-2007, 22:28
sweet, glad to be taking part!

Me too, look forward to our game .... don't hurt me too much :skull:

nkicik
23-04-2007, 23:28
I don't see why there needs to be an open format, I much prefer having a game set each week or so. I don't see why there's a problem with the soft deadline/ hard deadline thing someone mentioned earlier the redline or whatever it was called. It leaves it far too open to exploitation and removes the excitment if people can play whoever they want.

vypyr
23-04-2007, 23:45
Me too, look forward to our game .... don't hurt me too much :skull:

i make no promises :evilgrin:

tenpole
23-04-2007, 23:46
I am not in favour of the open tournament. I know there are problems with the fixed and games get forfeited like on the stunty league. It happens when there are so many teams.

LordSnotball
24-04-2007, 09:15
thx for making the replacements, it should speed up the tourney now...

as for open, there are many pros and cons... you constantly use one format here, and therefore can't really give an objective answer. atm i see it like this. over the last 3 weeks i have seen 8 WS players online with whom i coulda played. i got a grand total of 0 matches.

give it a try, and if after a month no1 is happy try something else...

and i know u decide Autobot... sorry about being so vocal, i just wanna play BB! Now that round 2 has started i'll shut up :) thx!

LordSnotball
24-04-2007, 10:40
Open Format:

The Pros:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3996

just have a look at this link. its the 1v1 tourney, this tourney started last monday, and its been running for exactly 1 week now. the scoring system is 10/5/1, +1 for tds, +1 for casualties. This means that for every match you play you get a minimum of 1pt...

now, within 1 week, 28 teams managed to get at least 1 match. that is called motivation. some you win, some you lose (or in my case, i lose them all). The thing is that almost any time im on there's another 1v1 player online, and finding a match is easy...

Cons:
have a look at the top 5 teams... almost 200 pts already. it means that they have played around 15 matches. in our case, due to the time constraints (1v1 takes 10 mins max, 11vs11 takes 90mins), imagine a coach who within 1 week was able to play 5 matches. win or lose, that contributes 5 Mvps to that coaches team development.

anyway, sorry for the spam, at work and waiting for the boss to come back so we can start a BBQ, and killing time... time to play something else! You know what they say, if you play with fire, some1s gonna want a BBQ!

nkicik
24-04-2007, 13:34
I just think apart from the fact that you have teams developing at different rates etc it takes away the character from the league. If I'm just picking and chosing games I don't really feel like I am in a league,j ust playing lots of friendlies. It's also pretty rubbish that no suspense is built up as you can potentially see the winner after the first 2 weeks. No fun at'll in my opinion.

Skinnydookie
24-04-2007, 20:03
I agree with the comments above. An open structure is (IMO) unfair. The only problem has been the league dragging and introducing firm deadlines will soon sort that out.

I would like to reiterate my oppinion that we cant keep changing the format. If we are to change it AGAIN then I would suggest we have a poll and whatever option wins is stuck to for AT LEAST 3 seasons!!!

Just my two chunks of warpstone.

PhrollikK
25-04-2007, 08:53
I would also like the present form of league gaming. As said before an open format will only benefit those with excess amounts of time and constrain the efforts of others. Also picking your opponent means bashers can easily be avoided.

A poll as skinnydookie says is the best way to go. But I think the current format, once up and running and with set deadlines is the winner simply because you can play your game anytime during the 10 days which makes it flexible for most ppl.

***EDIT***

Btw Welcome nkicik and vypyr! I look forward to meeting you on the pitch and slaying your players :P

tenpole
25-04-2007, 15:39
If the next tournament is open round I will try it rather than be negative. I was happy with the old set up.

Deng Ham
25-04-2007, 16:41
I'm actualy looking forward to the open league... As I probably have the softest team out there. And this will give me free selection of who to play. And All of you hard hitting, team decapitationer, no ball playing teas can't force me to play you. :evil grin: ;)
But joke aside. There is some truth in it that it prfered to avoid teams that tend to kill your players. And so it have alwayd been. Even in fixed leagues, even tho I play every team I'm sett up against. I don't look forward to play a team that have higher cas score than TD score.

Skinnydookie
25-04-2007, 22:58
Well surely a simple poll of two options: OPEN or FIXTURES could be used to decide what the next league will be like and then the details could be sorted after.

tenpole
25-04-2007, 23:15
Poll is up