PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Archaon WIP

BPK
21-04-2007, 00:25
Archaon WIP

So I thought I'd finally build and paint Archaon on Dohgaur. Been meaning to do it for ages! Thought I'd do it in two pieces, and have his armour A glossy red. Here are the images of what I've done so far. With the foundation paints arriving tomorrow, the man himself should take a little less time, as I wont' have to layer so many times lol.

CnC welcome, of course.

BPK
21-04-2007, 15:45
Ok so now its the weekend and im bored. I've started the base for the mount, and have toned down the model with matt varnish. I've also painted and glosseed the shield, and am going to start the main guy soon. The base is WIP, and so far is coming on quite well. As always I thrive on CnC, so do coment ppl !!

BPK
21-04-2007, 23:00
so ive done yet more work. it seems today has gone very quickly, but i suppose ive got quite a bit done. im suprised that no-one has commented yet, so obiously the mini isnt that great, can anyone tell me whats wrong with it ?

hopefully it should be finished tomorrow.

spikedog
22-04-2007, 03:57
You really need to sort out your pictures if you want anyone to comment.

First and foremost you need to rotate them so that they are the correct way up. It is hard to make out what is going on as it is.

Also they are pretty blury, you might want to use the Macro mode on your camera if it has one and if not use "Auto Levels" command on Photoshop. If you don't have Photoshop then get "The Gimp" it is almost as good and is a free download.

A white or gradiant background will help focus the camera on the model and not anything behind it too.

Also you might want to try hosting your files on photobucket or a similar site. It means people don't have to click links or thumbnails to view your pictures and also helps keep warseer's costs down.

BPK
23-04-2007, 00:25
like this ? (BTW model is finished)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/JamesBPK/DSC00217.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/JamesBPK/DSC00216.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/JamesBPK/DSC00213.jpg

spikedog
23-04-2007, 01:04
Well you need to use the "IMG code" and copy from that box and not the "HTML code" but yea that is the site.

As for the pictures, much better. Putting a backdrop has really helped and such a simple thing as rotating the picture has done wonders. I feel I can talk about the model now! :D

He looks really good, I especially like the fur cloak on his back, it has some really nice depth to it and is well highlighted. I think from the looks of it the sword could do with a little something more however, either another layer of highlights or some light dark washes. I also really like his base.

All in all I would say, jobs a good'un!

Saulot
23-04-2007, 04:06
Good job on the shield BPK. The 8-pointed star looks just like flayed flesh. Well done!

lee
23-04-2007, 18:25
he looks realy good. i like the shield very nice

BPK
23-04-2007, 23:12
Hes gonna Have to go on EBAY unfortunatly. im a bit strapped for cash atm.