PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question about black orcs.

Tutore
22-04-2007, 13:08
Hi all.

I read my O&G armybook at least once a day. Looking at the pictures, I noticed that there isn't any black orc on boar, while you can see many orc boyz and savage orc boyz on boar, and also orc characters on boar. This leads me to the question: are we sure it is an option to give a black orc character a boar/wyvern? The spear option seems to be for orcs and savage orcs only (I don't quote since my book is in italian language, but just read the options for warbosses and big bosses). Your opinion.

Vattendroppe
22-04-2007, 13:12
There are many different options that aren't represented model-wise or picture-wise. If it sais so in the armybook, yes, you're definetly absolutely very certain. (There are all kinds of characters not represented on great eagles/pegasuses, for quite a time there weren't any HE fighting characters on foot and so on and so forth...) :)

Tutore
22-04-2007, 13:15
There are many different options that aren't represented model-wise or picture-wise. If it sais so in the armybook, yes, you're definetly absolutely very certain. (There are all kinds of characters not represented on great eagles/pegasuses, for quite a time there weren't any HE fighting characters on foot and so on and so forth...)

I know it can be a silly question. The pictures only lead me to the list, where it says that "can ride a boar" referring to warbosses and big bosses in general, although it says "may pick a spear" when he speaks only of normal and savage orcs.

DeathlessDraich
22-04-2007, 13:20
Weapon options are specifically directed at Orcs and Savage Orcs but not mounts which start with "May ride a boar etc".

So I suppose Black Orcs may ride boars. In my perfect italian I would say :" Estar aqui" :p

Do you really read the book every day signore?

EvC
22-04-2007, 13:46
I don't see why not. Remember the great Black Orc Warlord Morglum Necksnapper rode a boar (And I'd rather use his model than any current). Just remember, if you take a mounted Black Orc you can't use your additional hand weapons and the great weapon is a lot weaker. You can't even take a spear! So you might be less likely to have a mounted Black Orc.

Tutore
22-04-2007, 21:18
Thank you all. Exspecially the EvC post tells me that there is, after all, a model of a black orc riding a boar.

DeathlessDraich: I didn't understand what you meant with "Estar aqui"; perhaps "it is here"? Looks like some corrupted spanish :):)

As for my armybook yes, I use to read at least half a page every day, just to imagine new tactics. I am ill.