PDA

View Full Version : 2k skaven for upcoming League

fubukii
22-04-2007, 15:58
Looking for some comments on a hordeish type skaven army (skaven a horde go figure!?) But yea after spending some time in army builder and dusting off my carrying case i have came up with this list. Here we go

Warlord (1#, 176 Pts) - (gives troops ld 10, and can kinda fight :P)
1 Warlord @ 176 Pts
General; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor
- Weeping Blade
- Enchanted Shield
- Warpstone Amulet

Warlock Engineer (1#, 120 Pts) (warped lightning yes yes)
1 Warlock Engineer @ 120 Pts
Hand Weapon; Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser; Warp-Blades; Warplock Pistol
1 Eye of the Horned Rat

Warlock Engineer (1#, 135 Pts) (kill kill)
1 Warlock Engineer @ 135 Pts
Hand Weapon; Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser; Warp-Blades
- Storm Daemon
- Warpstone Charm

Warlock Engineer (1#, 135 Pts) (dispels magic)
1 Warlock Engineer @ 135 Pts
Hand Weapon; Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser; Warp-Blades
- Dispel Scroll
- Dispel Scroll

Clanrats (30#, 175 Pts)
29 Clanrats @ 175 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Shield
1 Clawleader
Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Shield

Clanrats (29#, 170 Pts)
28 Clanrats @ 170 Pts
1 Clawleader

Clanrats (29#, 170 Pts)
28 Clanrats @ 170 Pts
1 Clawleader

Clanrats (29#, 170 Pts)
28 Clanrats @ 170 Pts
1 Clawleader

Clanrat Slaves (25#, 54 Pts)
25 Clanrat Slaves @ 54 Pts
Musician Mus; Hand Weapon

Tunneling Team (5#, 85 Pts) (mage hunt/warmachine hunt/ flank)
5 Gutter Runner Tunneling Team @ 85 Pts
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Poisoned Hand Weapons; Scouts; Skirmishers

Tunneling Team (5#, 85 Pts)

Tunneling Team (5#, 85 Pts)

Warp-Lightning Cannon (1#, 100 Pts) (shoot into combat, kill big stuff or knights)
1 Warp-Lightning Cannon @ 100 Pts

Warp-Lightning Cannon (1#, 100 Pts)
1 Warp-Lightning Cannon @ 100 Pts

Night Runners (5#, 25 Pts) (cheap unit used to claim a table quarter, and also give me a slight advantage in deployment as i will set up the night runners first meaning before i even deploy a single unit they have deployed 3 of theirs)
5 Night Runners @ 25 Pts
Hand Weapon; Skirmishers

Night Runners (5#, 25 Pts)
5 Night Runners @ 25 Pts
Hand Weapon; Skirmishers

Night Runners (5#, 25 Pts)
5 Night Runners @ 25 Pts
Hand Weapon; Skirmishers

Total Roster Cost: 1997

Gorger
23-04-2007, 01:02
Great list. So many numbers!! I think it will do well. The only thing i would change is you're Warlord for a Greyseer. Add even more magic to you're allready deadly list.

Wargamejunkie
23-04-2007, 02:32
I would have to disagree with you Gorger. I think you have a decent list as is and he has enough magic to take out most things and the leadership to stick around in close combat.

The only thing I would do is drop the units down to 25 and lose the pawleader if you do this to each unit you have enough for another unit of 25 clanrats. Always a good thing.

Or you could add in some PWGs in units of 2. These guys are great for all the deployment purposes as the 5 man night runners plus they take out monsters/armour very fast. Something we have a problem with.

fubukii
23-04-2007, 03:07
I considered the Posion wind globes but decided against them because they can not claim a corner. Also if i dropped the champions and some rats from each i could indeed add 24 more clanrats but sometimes having to many units is a bad thing as then it gets a little rough on deployment. ill have to try it out though see how it works on a 4x6 board.

Wargamejunkie
23-04-2007, 03:34
Well, here is the kicker with them, you really dont expect them to take quarters. They are one of your best throwaway units besides the slaves.

With your list you would add 4 more deployment choices, so they serve their purpose there. In addition I cant tell you how many chosen knights/monster wounds I have done with these guys.

They are also mobile enough being skirmishers you can lead those frenzy units into woods with no problem. And since they are US2 no one cares if they die.

Either way I would suggest you drop the champs. If to many units bothers you that much maybe add a ratling or WFT. One or two isnt that bad on a game.

FYI. I have a very similar list but have a BSB and a storm vermin unit, along with the PWGs

DesertDirge
23-04-2007, 14:52
I agree... throw in a unit or two of Globadiers. and I would even throw in at least 2 units of weapons teams.. for diversity sake.. then your list will be unstopable!! Muahahahhaha

fubukii
23-04-2007, 16:04
See weapon teams is where i can disagree, with the new 7th edition rule set they are not worth thier points. if the enemy has any shooting or magic (especially if there are hills! or No los magic) you can count your lovely 60-75 point 1w models dead before they get within the 15 inch range needed to do any damage. But on the other hand if im playing undead, THey work wonders :P

jupi
23-04-2007, 18:44
I apologize for my english. Pretty hords. I would change only Warlord for other Warlord

Warlord @ 199 Pts
General; Heavy Armour; Shield
Twisted Crown of the Horned Rat [50]
Bands of Power [25]
Languisher Sword [25]

This combination is forceful in my opinion

fubukii
23-04-2007, 19:34
that is a good combination that i have not thought of before, only has 1 down side though, it relys to much on the bands of power, if it is dispeled for some reason it really hinders the combat power of the warlord.

jupi
23-04-2007, 20:28
But you have 3 Warlock Engineer who give you magic potential...

fubukii
23-04-2007, 21:41
very true,it would probably work once then after that they would save dice to dispel it most likely, plus then i lose the d3 wounding ability which is great vs ogres or other multiple wound things or even in challenges. (CHALLENGE CHALLENGE!!!!!! take that evil unit champion!)

tyrion11482
24-04-2007, 01:33
this is one of the better lists i have seen i like it