PDA

View Full Version : request for assistance in savage orcs

mnyama
22-04-2007, 20:04
please, who can give any assistance by advice on creation of savage orc armies on 2250 points allcav and inf. may be somebody has good ideas.

blurred
22-04-2007, 20:49
Hmm. That's a bit vague request, but I'll give it a shot.

My suggestion is to take at least two big units of savage orcs with additional choppas, one unit of savage boar boyz, couple of spider rider units for support and a giant. Some night goblins with fanatics could help you deal with cavalry and other high-save units. A unit of squig hoppers is almost mandatory in any orc army and one wolf chariot is always nice.

On the character department I'd take a warboss, a big boss BSB and two shamans. The warboss can take care of himself with a great weapon and the amulet of protectyness, but if you really want to spend points put him on a boar with Porko's pigstikka: that's something like 8 attacks when charging big units. :D I'd arm the BSB with some protecting stuff and some nifty magic weapon so he can really help your infantry units.

Well, hope that helps. These are just my opinions. :)

Brother Siccarius
23-04-2007, 06:49
I've been toying with the idea recently of arming savage orc shamans for combat.
Shaman with Bashas Bloodaxe or on a boar with Porko's Pigstikka to give them a nice amount of attacks. Sure it's not traditional shaman gear, but they certainly have a nice amount of attacks to hit things with. Not to mention being closer to combat makes you that much closer to the extra power die from a unit of 20 fighting orcs.

mnyama
23-04-2007, 12:22
thanks, any more ideas?:)