PDA

View Full Version : 3K Dwarfs - targeting Chaos

Khornies & milk
23-04-2007, 04:17
Hi All.
This is my 1st go at a Dwarfs list, and I want it to do well against HoC.
The Chaos Players in my area are pretty damn good, so I will need some good advice from you Longbeards amongst us.;) They are a mix of Khorne, Nurgle, and Slannesh, with Magic Weaponry moreso than Powers.

Lords:
Dwarf Lord - GW, Shield, Shieldbearers, Runes of Might, Fury, and Gromril
I want him tooled up a bit to hopefully Characters.

Deamon Slayer
goes with the big block of Slayers to doubly bolster their ranks, but can go it alone if this is the best option.:confused:

Heroes:
Master Engineer x 2 - Handgun
one each for the Cannon and 2 B/T's
for the better stats he brings along.

Core:
Warriors (25) - Shields
Full Command

Longbeards (25) - GW, Shields
Full Command

Thunderers (15) x 2 - Shields
Veteran w/ 2 Pistols
Taken these for higher powered hits.

Special:
Ironbreakers (20)
Full Command

Hammerers (20) - Shields
Full Command

Took these 2 units for some 'hard-as-nails' -ness.

Slayers (20) - 15 Troll and 5 Giant Killers.
These Guys along with the Lord should hopefully cause some carnage, plus been unbreakable helps.

Bolt Throwers x 2 - Rune of Penetrating

Cannon

With the Master Engineer these machines will hopefully whittle down enemy ranks.

RARE:
Organ Cannon

Gyrocopter
Hopefully slow down enemy units, giving me more time to shot them.

What's the verdict?
Now I have 86 points to spend still, so should I put some more Runes on someone - suggestions!

Thanks for any help given.

cheers;)

RavenBloodwind
23-04-2007, 20:32
Just one opinion:

You're missing some of the things that make a dwarf army a dwarf army. To wit, a BSB and a runesmith. The engineers are not aweful, but they really don't justify not taking a runesmith and BSB. Adding one to a cannon is kind of a waste in my opinion, is d3 vs d6 worth THAT many points? Not to me.

I'd also consider rune of preservation on your lord (immune to killing blow and poison).

Nothing terrible about your infantry blocks although I'd prefer 3x10 thunderers rather than 2x15. Lets you shoot more different targets. A lot of folk hate hammerers but I don't see a problem with your current selections.

Your war machines are okay. I'm not sure if you have written that both your bolt throwers have penetrating-rune, but this would be a no-no. You need to add a second rune to one of them so they don't have identical runes.

rexim
23-04-2007, 20:50
The Dwarf lord should have MR of kragg the grim, 2 extra Attacks and shildberers,rune of stone and re-rolled save.

drop the master enginers, and take a rune smith with 2 scrolls. Dwarfs dont win matches on their killng but on their armour so drop the gw on the longbeards.

drop the cannpn and get 2 extra BT instead. you dont want veterans in your shooting unites and they should be 3*10 for more effecivness. i would also consider a unite of quallers for some ranged shooting against thoes nasty elves.

Khornies & milk
23-04-2007, 20:52
Thank you for the reply.
Shows I definitely need help if my Dwarf Army doesn't even look like one, well Leadership - wise at least.
I will re - work the list to add the BSB and Runesmith in.

Easy fix on the Thunderers, and Yes, I bought 2 seperate Runes of Penetrating for the Bolt Throwers.

Cheers

Khornies & milk
23-04-2007, 20:56
The Dwarf lord should have MR of kragg the grim, 2 extra Attacks and shildberers,rune of stone and re-rolled save.

drop the master enginers, and take a rune smith with 2 scrolls. Dwarfs dont win matches on their killng but on their armour so drop the gw on the longbeards.

drop the cannpn and get 2 extra BT instead. you dont want veterans in your shooting unites and they should be 3*10 for more effecivness. i would also consider a unite of quallers for some ranged shooting against thoes nasty elves.

Excellent, even more good tweaks to think about.
With the Quarrellers are you saying to drop 1 unit of Thunderers, or add the unit to existing line - up?

cheers

rexim
24-04-2007, 17:31
i would drop one, or mayby 2 of the 3 units and replace them with quarrellers with the saved points you can do some fun stuff.