PDA

View Full Version : IG veteran band

Bretagne
23-04-2007, 21:58
I love Imperial gaurd veterans. i love them so much im doing some conversions for an inquisitor campaign this summer. i wanted the war torn, ragged look so i opted for the Bretonnian men at arms for the bodies. pictures will be up soon, but here are some notes i scribbled down:

PFC Edwin Marz of the Docarril 11th:
Orphaned after a chaos incursion on the feral world Docarril, Marz found solace from his immense anguish in the litanies and stories of the Imperial Gaurd. when he was enlisted, he rose to a form of demagogue for the rest of his platoon, spurring them on in battle with the glorius tales of the saints and martyrs. Sadly, the Docarril 11th was all but wiped out in a trench fight on a remote agri world. Imperial records show that Marz was last seen in the Employ of General Ashnod Dornid of the Sylhan 9th, another regiment noted for their unquenchable zeal.

Equipment: Las pistol, 2 frag grenades, open helm, flak armor on all locations, chain halberd, average bionic ear.
special rules: Marz carries a large tome of imperial litanies and prayers, gifted to him by his beloved commisar during his service with the Docarril 11th. Marz has the Word of the Emperor, and furious assault special rules.

Strelok
24-04-2007, 03:16
Hmm, seems quite interesting, will be following this thread.

Sarison
26-04-2007, 22:16
which remote Agri-world? also, ashnod is a bizarre name, make it Matthew ;) and its the silhan 9th

Bretagne
27-04-2007, 00:05
oh snap thanks. (hes my gamesmaster)

sagittar slaith
19-05-2007, 12:48
i currently use a small five man veteran band. a sergeant, medic, sniper, corporal and a missile launcher. it works quite well untill a nutter with a chain axe hacks them to pieces

Sarison
21-05-2007, 04:48
not to rain on your parade, but how do yo justify them in the situation they find themselves in? or do you guys just play pic up games?

The Anarchist
10-06-2007, 19:38
I also play a IG vet. Inq band, i love it can get a real back story with it. i also found initial that having a reason to be in new campagins quite difficult. however i soved this by first having them go rouge, effectivly swords (well las-guns realy) for hire. this then changed to them being recruited to the Officio Sabatourm as a trouble shooting and deep reconisance team.

btw I realy like the character, very flavourfull!