PDA

View Full Version : Ariba Estalia!!!!

FallenScholar
03-08-2005, 19:17
This was the list I took to a team tourny at the Rogue's Den in De. There were teams of 5 and the event was at 2250 points. The theme is Estalia. This is what I think an Estalian list would look like using Bretonnian rules. The knights and mounted yoemen are a mix of Empire and Bretonnian conversions.

The Estalian Errantry War 2250 points

General Franka de la Vasco
Lord, Grail Vow, Armor of Arulf, Knightly Temper, Lance, Tress, horse
Total: 250

Colonel Bandaras
Paladin, Horse, Standard, Sword of Might, Virtue of Duty
Total: 124

Padre Peppe
Wizard, Level II, Dispel scroll, barded horse
Total: 144

Sister Angelica
Wizard, Level II, Dispel scroll, barded horse
Total: 144

Sister Passionara
Wizard, Level II, Chalice, barded horse
Total: 139

5 Knights Errant plus full command
General goes here

5 Knights Errant plus full command
Army Standard goes here

6 Knights Errant plus full command

12 Archers

12 Archers

5 mounted squires with shields and musician

Total: 2240 (10)

Game 1 Southlands "like" lizardman list. Heavy on the skinks, stegedon, krox, salamanders, swarm, Sarus lord on a big dino, Sarus hero with the nike shoes (the general?), and a single skink priest wizard. Very light on the magic....thank God.

Highlight: Breaking the lord on the big critter and running him down. Go Errants!!! Also breaking the general and running him down after he wiffed on his attacks. Slapping the $h!t out of the Stegedon and one unit of Krox's was also fun. Again go Errants!!

Result: Minor win for Estalia

Game 2: Bretonnian Royal Air Force list. You all know the drill. General on a pegasus with the lance that always hits, Army standard on a pegasus, 6 lances of 6 Errants, 2 units of Pegasus knights, 2 units of mounted yoemen, 3 wizards. List looks alot like mine.

Highlight: Hmmm...this was a very close game until the last two turns. The best part...watching 3 lances of errants fail panic tests and running. This stopped his next turn of charges cold. This almost turned the tide for me except for his mobile lord killing everything he touched.

Result: Major loss for Estalia

Game 3: Tzeentch minotaur list. The only think I can say....lots and lots of blue cows!!! Blue minotaurs everywhere. Three units of them; two with great weapons, 1 with additional handweapons. There were two herds, 2 chariots, 2 spawn with the mark of Tzeentch, a unit of Tzangor. This was all lead by a Shaggoth of Tzeentch, a Wargor of Tzeentch,and a shaman. Lots of Magic, lots of big critters.

Highlight: Watching on turn three as I charge with everything I had. No need for the tests on this one. On that charge I destroyed: 2 units of minotaurs, 1 spawn, 2 beast herds, and the tzangors. I then overran into 1 chariot, the other unit of minotaurs, and the Shaggoth. Go Errants!!!!

Result: Major win for Estalia!!!

What I noticed: Being immune to psychology is key!!! Especially on the charges. The mounted yoemen did a great job of blocking the errants until I wanted them too charge. Life magic is great. Wish I figured that out sooner with my Empire list.

The Estalian warhost will be my army of choice for a little while.

Ariba Estalia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fallen Scholar

RGB
22-09-2005, 00:55
Nicely done!

ItP on a charge more than makes up for the impetuous.

branchwrath
25-09-2005, 07:36
An Estalia list is such a cool idea. IMO Estalia Tilea and Araby are totally far too ignored when thinking of army themes...