PDA

View Full Version : 1st try @ WE 2000pts

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
24-04-2007, 01:18
Highborn- forest dragon, light armor, shield, helm of the hunt, dawnspear, stone of crystal mere
Spellsinger- 2 dispel scrolls
Wardance noble- blades of loec

5 Glade riders- musician
5 Glade riders- musician

10 Wild riders- full comand,saemrath- banner of the zenith
8 wardancers- musician, blade singer
8 wardancers- musician, blade singer

8 waywatchers
great eagle

Im about 23 pts short.
The list is based around the dragon of course. The Wild riders and wardancers are hitting units to try to get flank charges in combination with the lord.
The Noble simply adds hitting power to the wardances for a better CR.
The glade riders are for hunting warmachines and enemy mages.
The waywatchers are to hunt mages and enemy knights, that might cause some problems for the lord.

So... what do you think?

C&C welcome

Vattendroppe
24-04-2007, 05:21
IMO the forest dragon in a WE army takes away way to much points to be used in 2K games, WE usually are outnumbered already. Also, you miss a core choise, need 3 in 2K. Drop the dragon and re-think your highborn, add some dryads and/or glade guards.

fubukii
24-04-2007, 14:30
if you are going for a combat monster try the alter Highborn with Helm of the hunt and a great weapon 6 str 6 attacks and movement 9 mean he can knock on anyones door when he wants and smack it down :P

Definiatly add some dryads.

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
24-04-2007, 15:16
The list is suppoed to be built around the lord on the dragon. So Im sorry, but he must stay. his equipment can change, but he must stay.

Ok I definatly frgot about the 3 core requirements. so i think I have two choices.
A} anoher unit of glade riders
0r
B} a unit of glade guardscouts with the banner of zenith

I think I would have to drop the noble for the glade Riders, and I kind of want to keep him just for fun.
So...How about this: drop the eagle and 2 of the waywatchers for the Scouts and give them the banner of the zenith insetaed of the wild riders.

Also Im trying to stay awy from anthhing being exta cheese, because I am bringing a dragon at 2000pts ,so Im kind of shying away from the dryads...

Vattendroppe
24-04-2007, 15:29
The list is suppoed to be built around the lord on the dragon. So Im sorry, but he must stay. his equipment can change, but he must stay.

Ok I definatly frgot about the 3 core requirements. so i think I have two choices.
A} anoher unit of glade riders
0r
B} a unit of glade guardscouts with the banner of zenith

I think I would have to drop the noble for the glade Riders, and I kind of want to keep him just for fun.
So...How about this: drop the eagle and 2 of the waywatchers for the Scouts and give them the banner of the zenith insetaed of the wild riders.

Also Im trying to stay awy from anthhing being exta cheese, because I am bringing a dragon at 2000pts ,so Im kind of shying away from the dryads...

The zenith banner is a waste points in an army built around cavalry like this is. Almost your whole army is darn fast, won't make much difference. Plus, your shooting isn't the strongest, so you'll have to come to your opponent in most cases anyway. Then it's definatly down to the glade riders. But I really cannot understand why you don't take a unit of glade guard instead.

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
25-04-2007, 03:02
Im just thinking that the single unit of pretty much immobile glade guard would be a perfect opponent for the enemy.
BUT ACTUALLY THAT WOULD BE TO MUCH OF A BAD THING...

god octo
25-04-2007, 16:26
I would drop 2 waywatchers ( 8 is too many- they become to difficult to hide) and the Wild riders banner, as previously noted, which would save you 73 points 96 points. This would enable you to get a unit of 8 dryads, which could support your wardancers.

With the Dragon lord, my favourite set up is as follows:

576- Highborn with Bow of Loren, arcane bodkins, Stone of the crystal mere, enchanted shield, light armour and spear. He rides a Green dragon.

This way, he can still fight well, but he is also good at shooting, so he can take down foes for a distance, while the rest of the army moves forward to support him.

popisdead
30-04-2007, 04:15
K so clearly a fast moving hard hitting list.

break the units of Wild Riders into two and just take musicians.

It's a different list, but looks like if you played it well you'd do well.

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
30-04-2007, 20:17
Do you think two units of 5 Wr would have the hitting power to still make them effective?
Im thinking about dropping the banner and maybe dropping 2 way watchers for the third unit of glade riders.
Does the list lack to much hitting power? Im wanting the dragon to do some of the work but if he cant be there I want the list to be able to hold its ground with a few units supporting each other

mightygnoblar
30-04-2007, 20:45
i find that a unit of five wild rider are great, and in fact id prefer them to a unit of ten, with the warbanner they can generate a suprising amount of combat res, and can break a lot of fully ranked units on a flank charge they can also hold their own a frontal charge (but i wouldnt reckonmend trying it)
realistically the only area imo that 10 is better than 5 is survivability

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
30-04-2007, 23:14
Yeahh, i know that they wont get ranks, but for outnumbering and taking casualties 10 id definatly better.
how well would they work in combination with the dragon?

mightygnoblar
01-05-2007, 17:12
i think that two units harassing both flanks will be much harder for your opponent to keep under control, an i aslo find that although a big unit can take more casualties it is much harder to hide and therefore will be shot at more, if used correctly the smaller units should be able to hide to avoid most of the incoming fire
to be honest i dont think that they would work well with a dragon, but for that matter i dont think a unit of ten would either, personally i would never spend so many points on one model but youve said that it must stay so if are really stuck on taking one id drop the 2 units of glade riders for glade guard to force the enemy to come to you,
i would also try to fit in some dryads or a moonstone on the noble, as you have noithing to take fire off your wardancers and they are not the most durable of units, at present you have no way of dictating where your opponent moves as you have no units that arent going to move and none that really should be treking across an open field meaning your opponent can just make a defensive position, open up firing lines and just wait for you to come to him
i would also second the dragon lord configuration that god octo suggested if you are going to take one

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
01-05-2007, 23:21
Ok im going to try to do some of the things you have said. So here is a new list. Sorry, but i have never played with WE before so im still trying to get a feel for the type of list i might want to run.
--------------
Highborn- Bow of Loren, arcane bodkins, Stone of the crystal mere, enchanted shield, light armour and spear,rides a Green dragon
Spell singer-2 dispel scrolls

10 glade guard- musician
10 glade guard- musician
5 glade riders- musician

5 wild riders- musician, standard
5 wild riders- musician, standard
8 wardancers- musician
8 wardancers- musician

great eagle
5 waywatchers
---------
is this any better?

Haroith
04-05-2007, 14:02
how about trees?

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
06-05-2007, 17:30
Like I said, since im bringing a dragon in 2000pts im trying to stay away from more cheese in the form of a bunch of dryads...