PDA

View Full Version : 2K Undivided casual

Kadris
25-04-2007, 02:21
I'm trying to come up with a list that would have a chance against most opponents (not win against all, but at least put up a fight) and that I can simply add onto or subtract from to make a 1500/2250 list. I like magic, but I find Tzeentch to be too expensive character wize, hence the 3 casters. I was going to use fire and/or death for the sorcs and shadow for the bray (the idea of Steed of shadows into a mess of enemy and then crown of Taidron seems like a near impossible long shot that would be fun to miscast on).
I also wanted a good general that would be remembered in duels (Bane shield) and see a good deal of fighting.
Any constructive insight would be appreciated.

Exalted Chaos Champion MoCU; General; Bane Shield; Sword of Might
on Chaos Chariot

2x Chaos Chariot

2x 18 Chaos Warriors MoCU; Heavy Armour; Shield; Full Command

2x Mounted Chaos Sorcerer MoCU; Lvl 2; 2xDispel Scroll (2nd w/ Skull of Katam)

Bray Shaman Lvl 2; Staff of Darkoth; Dispel Scroll

2x Beast Herd (7 Gors 12 Ungors and 8 Gors 11 Ungors)

2x 5 Warhounds

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Total Army Cost: 1998

godking
25-04-2007, 08:34
drop a unit of warriors and add some knights and a unit of horsemen. team them together, you need a hammer the knights are your best bet, horsemen are your flankers. drop both sorcerer, make one a Exalted Sorcerer. or drop one sorcerer and add one more shaman. see if you can fit some minotaurs. thats my 2 cents. hope it helps.

MarcoPollo
25-04-2007, 15:29
I think the list looks good. I also agree with godking. some knights and horsemen with flails would be a good swap.

Also, if you have some screemers you might want to consider taking a wargor of tzeetch for you beastherd. Give him a great weapon and away you go.

Kadris
25-04-2007, 21:47
Good points.
I dont like marauders though (just dont like the looks or lore for them).

I figured two options:
1. Drop 2nd warrior group and the scroll caddy sorc. Replace with a unit of 5 chosen knights (MoCU), lvl 1 bray shaman w/ 2 dispell scrolls, and 3 chaos ogres
or 2. Drop the 2nd warrior group and sorc with skull. Replace with a unit of 5 Knights, add a Wargor w/ greatweapon, heavy armor and pelt of the dark young and 4 chaos ogres.

i'm leaning more to the 2nd option. while the first gives me a bit more magic, the pelt gives a bit more oomph to one of the herds.

If someone has a 3rd option too that would be great :D

Holy Crap! Manticores!
26-04-2007, 14:34
on Chaos Chariot

2x Chaos Chariot

2x 5 Warhounds

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Total Army Cost: 1998Drop the staff sorc and one of the chariots and get some Knights. Ride the remaining sorc with them for protection. If you have points left over, you may wish to exercise a few options.

1. making one (or both) of the beast herds bigger
2. More Screamers
3. More Warhounds
4. A unit of Furies (for more flying circus fun)
5. More Warriors... although at 18 ea, those units should be plenty tough.

Bigger beastherds make great missile screens, and since you won't be ambushing them, you may as well let them take first contact.

Martyr
26-04-2007, 15:51
I'm trying to come up with a list that would have a chance against most opponents (not win against all, but at least put up a fight)...

Then you are going to NEED marauders. Warriors suck up WAY too many points and because of that fact, you won't be able to field as many as you should to win Combat Resolution.

I like magic, but I find Tzeentch to be too expensive character wize, hence the 3 casters.

Tzeentch is very expensive, but you gotta think you are giving your Champion the ability to cast spells. Your champions are the feared men on the field because of their close combat abilities, NOW they can cast spells. Holy Hell!

I also wanted a good general that would be remembered in duels (Bane shield) and see a good deal of fighting.

Crom the Conqueror, if your opponent would allow it. mm mm good.

on Chaos Chariot

2x Chaos Chariot

2x 5 Warhounds

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Total Army Cost: 1998

The list looks good, I would beef up those screamers though to around 5. I really wish you would concider getting some marauders in here you are going to need some good static CR in this army.

1. Drop 2nd warrior group and the scroll caddy sorc. Replace with a unit of 5 chosen knights (MoCU), lvl 1 bray shaman w/ 2 dispell scrolls, and 3 chaos ogres
or 2. Drop the 2nd warrior group and sorc with skull. Replace with a unit of 5 Knights, add a Wargor w/ greatweapon, heavy armor and pelt of the dark young and 4 chaos ogres.

MARAUDERS!!! :)

Seriously the second option does look good, I like the pelt it's a nice item to give that extra little bit of save there.

Just a few tid bits there,

-Martyr

Kadris
26-04-2007, 19:40
Hmmm, well, i guess i'll have to go back and look at my liber chaotica and try to lie to myself that mauraders are ok to use.
i'll have to see how i can get it all to fit the theme im shooting for before i revamp my list then.
Thanks all for your input.

theDarkGeneral
26-04-2007, 23:33
Well, for comp sakes, it's a cool list...not overpowering, even with 6 levels of Magic...without breaking it down unit by unit, just some small changes...drop the Staff of Darkoth, it can only affect 4 units, two of which have a horrible LD(5)...and both types can't hit hard...the Army lacks punch...more of an "anvil" awaiting the hammer...

Hope this helps...