PDA

View Full Version : My first list, please help!

Thargrund
25-04-2007, 18:40
Hi,

so i have decided to start playing Necromunda. I have made a list and come up with some fluff (not finished yet). I was wondering if anyone has some 'constructive' :) critisism, to help me along the way to beating Arhalien all the time :D.

Gang leader: - 185
Chain sword, Autopistol, shotgun, Manstopper shells

Heavies: 410
Heavy stubber, lasgun 205
Heavy stubber, lasgun 205

Gangers:
Lasgun 75
Lasgun 75
Lasgun 75
Bludgeon + Shotgun, Manstopper shells 80
Bludgeon + Shotgun, Manstopper shells 80

TOTAL: 990 Creds

(Havent come up with any names yet)

Also - the gang is meant to be quite elite hence the smallish gang

Thargrund

Arhalien
25-04-2007, 20:52
Hmm, looks interesting Thargrund. I'll let more knowledgeable people post comments, but it's good that you've decided to start :)

Catferret
26-04-2007, 00:13
Well, I'd rather have a minimum of 9 models but you want a small gang so fair play.

Switch one Lasgun for an Autogun just for a little variation. Use those 5 creds plus the 10 in your stash to buy a Ratskin Scout. It fits with your elite theme as well as providing an extra model for Bottle Check purposes.

Thargrund
26-04-2007, 16:20
Thanks Catferret, ill do that. I think ill start converting them today :)

Arhalien
26-04-2007, 17:44
Can you buy Ratskins or bounty hunters for your gagn straight away? :confused: I thought you could only get them from a trading post after playing a game? Or have I misinterpreted the rules... again?

Catferret
26-04-2007, 20:39
Hired Guns can be hired during gang creation. It is usually a good way of bulking out the gang early on. They give you a model with decent stats and boost the numbers of models for the purposes of Bottle Checks without counting towards income.

Of course you have to pay for them every game but a Ratskin can get you free Territories if you win games while Bounty Hunters capture folk and you get ransom money.

Arhalien
26-04-2007, 20:42
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for clearing that up Catferret.

Catferret
26-04-2007, 20:49
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for clearing that up Catferret.

Your welcome. Tis what we are here for after all. :)

Lord 0
27-04-2007, 14:34
In terms of ransom, I prefer to take it in Rare Trade stuff where I can. Catferret is right though, bounty hunters are awesome for earning ransom. The plan for starting with a ratskin is pretty good too. I always start with a ratskin for the extra territories.

You might want to think about replacing that autogun with a lasgun fairly soon though. Having autoguns for 'variation' is all well and good when you have a developed gang with and Armourer and Autorepairer and stuff, but for starting gangs I find they are just too dangerous.

4+ ammo roll may not sound much worse than 2+, but that translates into the fact that an autogun is three times more likely to explode than a lasgun. If I am power-gaming then I can ignore this and tell the ganger to just suck it up and that the credits were needed elsewhere for the greater good of the gang, but if I am playing in the spirit of the game then each ganger puts thier safety first and takes a lasgun.

Thargrund
27-04-2007, 18:27
Thanks Lord 0, i'll bear that in mind, i love lasguns anyway so i will just have to try and find room for a scout from somewhere else

Red Skullz
28-04-2007, 08:13
Well I`m a newbie at necro myself and I also had a bit of Lord O`s "safety first" approach on my choice of weaponry. After a few games under my belt I`ve now spiced up the list for added fun. I`ve only got 1 lasgun in my list now actually, other than that, boltgun, plasmagun, autogun and pretty much every common variant of pistols and basic weapons I could choose.

So yeah my weapons tend to bust quite often but that`s just part of the game. It just means you`ll have to take it close and personal with a knife if that`s what you`ve got left and I think that`s quite cinematic and very much in the spirit of the game.

Another thing is that each ganger is a unit in itself so varying your weapon configs on each opens more tactical possibilities for ya.

Just my opinion though so feel free to ignore it ;)

R