PDA

View Full Version : Official tournament Poll (again)

tenpole
25-04-2007, 23:11
As requested let the votes see everyone's opinion.

This is for the official warseer league run by Autobot and not the Stunty group. The two divisions are either the fixed game format where your games are predetermined or the open tournament where you can choose whom to play.

The fixed could be sub divided again into the swiss style (currently running) or the round robin old pre christmas format but I will leave both as Fixed for the poll. You can all argue that later.

Deng Ham
25-04-2007, 23:22
I voted fixed. But that is only if it has deadlines. And whoever don't turn up for a game, must forfiet.

Lardidar
25-04-2007, 23:24
Not sure I have been around long enough to give an opinion (Either here or on Fumbbl) but could it not be played like a football (soccer) league.

So say we have 15 teams then each round (14 days?) you play one team drawn from a fixture list that either Autobot HQ or someone else puts together.

That could make it into a decent length league (14 rounds if 15 teams play)... maybe throw in a cup to add another bit of drama.

That way you get to play every team and no one can say that you are trying to avoid someone else.

I like the soft/hard deadline ... although what would happen if say Tenpole was playing me and I had disappeared, would it be possible to force me to forfeit even though I was not around to physically do it? (Not saying I won’t be around, it is just an example)

When I ran our local league we just had a set fixture list, if one person did not turn up for 2 weeks running then they forfeited the match to a 2-0 loss, the opponent could give out the two TD's to any of his players and got his random MVP as usual ... not sure if that can be done on Fumbbl but it kept a league of 24 teams running for 10 months.

All that said I will play any format you guys come up with, I just love to play :)

EDIT - I'm sure there was no poll when I started typing .... for my reasons above I vote fixed.

Deng Ham
25-04-2007, 23:29
If you are taken by Zombies. And no one hear from you within the 2 week period where you shoud have played your game. Then at the end of that period. All Tenpole need to is to send you a PM, to arrange the game. If you don't reply. He will. Becouse he put more effort into getting the game done.

Lardidar
25-04-2007, 23:37
If you are taken by Zombies. And no one hear from you within the 2 week period where you shoud have played your game. Then at the end of that period. All Tenpole need to is to send you a PM, to arrange the game. If you don't reply. He will. Becouse he put more effort into getting the game done.

Sorry maybe I drang one too many beers tonight :)

So even if your opponent dosn't turn up or reply to PM, you can get a forced forfeit?

I think that is fair as there is nothing worse than waiting on one or two people when everyone else is ready for the next round.

EDIT - When you spell drank, drang you have deffo had too many :)

Skinnydookie
26-04-2007, 12:16
I voted fixed, open has too many complications even outside of the obvious cherry picking.

Deng Ham
26-04-2007, 18:02
Sorry maybe I drang one too many beers tonight :)

So even if your opponent dosn't turn up or reply to PM, you can get a forced forfeit?

I think that is fair as there is nothing worse than waiting on one or two people when everyone else is ready for the next round.

EDIT - When you spell drank, drang you have deffo had too many :)

he he... Yea permanent spelling drunk. that's me. (some call it dysleksia)

If the game have not been played withing the timelimit. Then someone have to forfeit the game. And that will be the gamer that have done the least to get the game done. Best example is if they are not online. And have not looked for info or given feedback.

LordSnotball
28-04-2007, 14:00
Looks like everyone is fixed on the Fixed opponent approach. No comments...

Maybe round robin would be more functional, but the call is yours...

Lardidar, if u have 15 teams playing each other in 2 week increments, then ur talking about a 30 week league. if a tourney goes on for more than 6-8 weeks, ppl get bored...

anyway, i got a match at last, so im happy... Thx RawMessiah!