PDA

View Full Version : BSB quick Q

spikedog
26-04-2007, 11:42
Should be a quick easy question, I'm just feeling dumb today.

It says if a character is the BSB he cannot take any extra weapons, does this include magic weapons?

(Assuming he won't be using a magic banner)

Masque
26-04-2007, 11:46
If it said that he couldn't take any weapons I think that would indeed include magic weapons. But it usually says that he can't take any additional equipment which I understand to mean mundane equipment listed as unit options as opposed to magic items of any kind.

Festus
26-04-2007, 11:50
Which army book are you talking about?

Most often it says that he may not take additoial options but MAY take Magic Items up to 50 points. This includes Magic Weapons, and it even includes Magic Weapons which require two hands to use.

Festus

spikedog
26-04-2007, 11:57
Sorry I didn't realise the quotes changed between books. I am talking about a Vampire Counts BSB.

It just says he cannot choose any extra weapons. Doesn't mention mundane or otherwise. Later on it says if he has a magic banner then he can't have any other magic items or bloodline powers but I am just talking about without a magic banner.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

T10
26-04-2007, 15:46
The Flayed Hauberk and Sword of Might is very popular with Thrall BSBs.

-T10

Martyr
26-04-2007, 15:52
Chaos BSB's cannot take ANY magic ANYthing. See? Shafted.

-Martyr

Masque
26-04-2007, 16:04

I'm confused why you think this. :confused: Arguments could be made that they could or could not take magic weapons but they can definately take magic armor (except shields), talismans, arcane items, enchanted items, or magic banners.

Festus
26-04-2007, 16:08
Hi

Which nonsense is that?

Have you read the Chaos Army book? (p.59, BTW)

It is an aspiring champion, and this has the default option of having up to 50 points in Magic Items. Only if he chooses a Magical standard he may not have other Magic Items.

Festus

Gorbad Ironclaw
27-04-2007, 07:39
Sorry I didn't realise the quotes changed between books. I am talking about a Vampire Counts BSB.

It just says he cannot choose any extra weapons. Doesn't mention mundane or otherwise. Later on it says if he has a magic banner then he can't have any other magic items or bloodline powers but I am just talking about without a magic banner.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

You are free to take magic items, including magic weapons if you want.
As T10 said, Flayed hauberk and Sword of Might is very popular, and turn the Blood Dragon and Carstain BSB thrall into one of the best heroes in the game.

Martyr
27-04-2007, 14:44
Festus,

Alas, you are right. I was mixing that up a bit. I remember seeing the Magic Standard rule and was thinking there was no other standard other than magical? I dunno. My fault.

-Martyr

EvC
27-04-2007, 16:43
I always took the rule to mean he could purchase any Magic Weapon that counts as a hand weapon (The vast majority of them) but now that I think about it I agree that they can take any magic weapon.

Jedi152
27-04-2007, 16:45
I always read it as he can take up to 50 pts of magic items, unless he takes a magic banner - in which case he can't have any.

Bortus
27-04-2007, 17:42
Spikedog the answer to your question is no so pick the sword of might or whatever and have a great time!