PDA

View Full Version : 2K Dark Elves

Riddy
04-08-2005, 08:58
Ok, this is the general idea that i have for a list for the tale of 8 gamers as it is the only list i can make that i like and fits into budget, working around the loose theme of a sea going raiding party means no cavalry, so dont suggest dark riders.

Highborn
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Draich of Dark Power
Heartstone of Darkness

Sorceress
Lv2
Seal of Ghrond
Scroll

Sorceress
Lv2
Darkstar cloak
Scroll

20 Corsairs
Command

20 Corsairs
Command

20 Warriors
Spear
Shield
Command

10 Warriors
RxB

10 Warriors
RxB

10 Warriors
RxB

5 Shades

5 Shades

3 Reaper Bolt Throwers

Whaddaya think?

gorenut
04-08-2005, 09:45
Hmm.. how about some Dark Riders? Yea.. thats what your list is lacking...

I'm kidding.

The warriors look similar to how I field mine.. I don't have any spears either. You might need a little more armor breakers in the form of Executioners.

Since you're not using Dark Riders, you might also consider trying to fit in some Harpies just for march blocking purposes.

Crube
04-08-2005, 09:51
As I'm also (probably) in tale of 8 gamers (wfb edition !) can I just say

Ouch! - I aint looking forward to facing that :D

gortexgunnerson
04-08-2005, 10:08
Drop the draich of Dark power is a total waste of points in comparison to GW basically your DE so should get the charge and get to go first anyway, and if your charged you still go second. The extra points could be used better else where or on some more Magic items.

I would also potentially break down one of the corsair unit into to 2 * 10 or 2*12 (4 wide 3 deep) with no command. Coarsiars have a good number of attacks and a good save versus shooting so make great flanking units to your warriors and large cosair units. They can be used for flank charges or for destroying weapon missile troops. They can also if necessary be wiped out to draw a unit onto a more powerful ranked up unit

Setomidor
04-08-2005, 11:06
Use the points from the draich and get yourself a warbanner, never leave home without it! If you got spare points Light armor for the shades can be a place to put them.

The list looks solid and fits the theme. If you come up with some way of converting Corsairs, let me know :)

May your slaves be plenty and their vails echoing our great cities for many years to come.

//Seto

clangerman
04-08-2005, 11:55
Get the banner of murder on a corsair unit, your army is slow and thats the best way to counter this without cav.

You should try some different sized units too, all your fighting infantry blocks are big juicy targets

Zeb
04-08-2005, 13:59
I agree that the Warbanner would be a nice addition, as Setomidor says.
Concerning the Banner of Murder i'm in doubt. I have experienced the clasic "Whops! I got hit in the flank" syndrome one to many times with Banner of Murder. So I prefer the Soul Shadows Standard which is more of a Ambush banner... But tastes are different, and try and see what you like the most.

I would dropp a unit of Crossbows and replace them with Executioners. A nice "solid" flanking unit of 10 that costs 122pts if you include a champion, and the models are quite sweet as well. ;)

Don't know about if you would like to convert shades, but I have used plastic crossbows from the warrior spre and assassin models. Looks good as well, I hust have to re-paint them now.
I have also seen a guy using HE Archer legs and swords, quite cool. Just a couple of ideas.

Good Luck!

Riddy
04-08-2005, 21:24
I re-did the list earlier on and came up with this, dont know which i prefer and i will probably swap in a unit of executioners as Zeb suggests (Cant ignore advice from our resident Dark Elf Expert)

Highborn
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Draich of Dark Power
Heartstone of Darkness
-Can opener, trys to get cavalry and elite units plus weak-medium characters.

Noble
BSB
Heavy Armour
Shield
Ring of Darkness
-Keeps units in the fight long enough for my support units to counter attack

Sorceress
2 Scrolls
-I hate them, but they are essential

20 Corsairs
Command
-Block1

15 Corsairs
Standard, Musician
-Block2

15 Corsairs
Standard, Musician
Block3

20 Warriors
Shield
Command
Block 4

10 Warriors
Shield
Support unit 1

10 Warriors
Shield
Support unit 2

10 Warriors
Shield
RxB
Support unit 3

10 Warriors
Shield
RxB
Support unit 4

5 Shades
March Blockers and general annoyance, can also fill in for harpies at a stretch

5 Harpies
Wizard/Warmachine hunters, march blockers

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
Mandatory really, weaken elite units for my blocks to take on

123 minis+2 Bolt Throwers
Pretty hordeish....

Basically the blocks form my center with the units of 20 in the center either side is a support unit of 10 warriors, probably with crossbows, next two units of 15 corsairs supported by the other two units of warriors, throwers go along my lines or on a hill, the thing with this is some players wont expect counter attacks from RxB warriors, but with hw+shield they make a pretty good flanking force.

Zeb
05-08-2005, 06:25
I re-did the list earlier on and came up with this, dont know which i prefer and i will probably swap in a unit of executioners as Zeb suggests (Cant ignore advice from our resident Dark Elf Expert)

Your the champ. ;) Congrats by the way! :D

Now to the new list:

Highborn: Really good.

BSB: Nice to see them used (I can't go to war without one). But, and it's a big but, you only have one Sorceress and getting "the Ring" through in the magic phase is not going to happen (more or less). So I would exchange it to either "Blood Armour and Sword of Spite". This will give him some protection that can be improved, and a nice sting in his attacks. And he can survive a challange against some characters and defenately against Champions (except Lizards and Chaos)...

Sorceress: Fine

Corsairs (all three): Nice units. I would probably set in SSS on a unit, not necesarry the big one.

Spear Wariors: Fine

RxB Warriors: 4 units of 10. That's alot of points and it will be hard to press every one in so that they can shoot. If you are going to use them to set up charges and bait, take away some crossbows and just arm them with HW+Shield (and Spear, I know)...

Shades: Great.

Harpies: I prefer 9 so that panic don't come easy. But five is better point wise if you just are prepared that they will fly away some times (and never engage a Dwarf Canon or similar with them).

RBT's: Nice.

As you see, there are some things I would change. Most notably "the Ring". And the Executioner unit vs. Crossbow units... But you know that. ;) And either SSS or Warbanner somewhere.

Btw. can you fit this army into the budget? Corsairs are really expensive.

Good Luck!

Riddy
07-08-2005, 18:19
Following Zebs advice was pretty easy, drop 10 Warriors and the ring of darkness to fit 10 Executioners with champion, oh and i'm pretty sure i can just squeeze it under budget with a bit of sculpting and some additional bits:

Highborn
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Draich of Dark Power
Heartstone of Darkness
-Can opener, trys to get cavalry and elite units plus weak-medium characters.

Noble
BSB
Heavy Armour
-Keeps units in the fight long enough for my support units to counter attack

Sorceress
2 Scrolls
-I hate them, but they are essential

20 Corsairs
Command
-Block1

15 Corsairs
Standard, Musician
-Block2

15 Corsairs
Standard, Musician
Block3

20 Warriors
Shield
Command
Block 4

10 Executioners
Champ
Support unit 1

10 Warriors
Shield
Support unit 2

10 Warriors
Shield
RxB
Support unit 3

10 Warriors
Shield
RxB
Support unit 4

5 Shades
March Blockers and general annoyance, can also fill in for harpies at a stretch

5 Harpies
Wizard/Warmachine hunters, march blockers

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
Mandatory really, weaken elite units for my blocks to take

gortexgunnerson
08-08-2005, 15:06
Please drop the draich lol It pains me to see it ever taken onto the battle field when its so crap for its points! Give him a GW and spend the points on something else maybe a seal of ghrond for some more magical defence

Zeb
08-08-2005, 15:13
Well, gortex, strike on initative with +2S and Killing Blow isn't that bad for the points it cost.

Looks nice Riddy! How are you going to model your BSB? I got some ideas that I have used if your interested...;)

ironduke
09-08-2005, 16:08
Your Druchi will never defeat my high elves riddy....

anyway thats a lot of infantry youv'e got there. A nice balanced list if you ask me and i look forward to crushing them in March.

Setomidor
09-08-2005, 22:14
Im a bit with gortex, personally i donīt favour the draich but you seem to have made up your mind on that one. If you havent, exchange it for seal of ghrond, warbanner and give the highborn a great weapon. Looks like a stable list tho, i really like the hordish approach and hope it works out for you.

Best of luck.

//Seto

x-esiv-4c
11-08-2005, 13:48
As a nooblet, I think i'm probably going to model my DE list on Riddy's. Would it be a good idea to mount the highborn and attach him to a cav unit?
Nonetheless, I've been looking for a Hordish DE list and Riddy certainly has come up with a good one!

redemptionist15
11-08-2005, 19:09
The list looks good, however may i suggest perhaps taking a Hydra! I love mine to bits, it can be a bit of a tarpit unit and is great for holding up cavalry, he can also add the extra punch needed as a supporting charger to a low strength (of which you have lots of). Not forgetting his terror and the psychological effects he can have on your opponent!

Ok so if your opponent has a very magic/shooting orientated army then the Hydra can die easily, however it takes some pressure away from your elves.

Just a suggestion