PDA

View Full Version : Revised Empire 2000

Jackster
28-04-2007, 07:50
After a few battle with the original list, i think it would be best if i cut the points i spent on characters and put them into Warmachines and troops.
Yes, my General is going to be in cavalry, so i got the Imperial standard to make up the leadership.

Empire2000

Lord-
Reiksguard Commander (Templar Master)- Holy Relic, Laurel of Victory, lance, shield, full-plate, barded horse – 245 (Join IC)

Hero-
Battle Standard Bearer – Imperial Standard, full-plate-183 (Join Great Swords)
Battle Wizard- Lv. 1, 2 Dispel Scrolls-115 (Lore of Death) (Join Hangunners)

Core-
6 Reiksguards, Full Command -178
25 Swordsmen, Full command -175
-10 Free Company -50
-10 Halberdiers -50
10 Handgunners- Marksman with R. Handgun -100

Special-
24 Greatswords full command-270
-10 Swordsmen -60
-10 Archers- 80
5 Reiksguard Inner Circle, full command -170
5 Pistoliers, Outrider with R. Pistol, musician – 114
Great Cannon- 100

Rare-
Hellblaster Volleygun -110

Von Wibble
28-04-2007, 12:12
I believe (apart from in monetary terms) 6 pistoliers are better than 5 with champ.

Its a compact army which has strengths and weaknesses. I think the greatswords are slightly too expensive (20 should be enough), and I would query the Imperial banner on the basis that even with cavalry your general should be near to troops the bulk of the time (charging him forward won't work), so Armour of Meteoric Iron + Sword of Might + 50pts could be better. I would also put him with the Swordsmen to even out the abilities of your units (thouh I would find points for a warrior priest somewhere anyway) since if broken and run down your greatswords + character are currently worth 653VPS - a huge chunk.

Atrahasis
28-04-2007, 12:25
I agree that the General should be near his troops, and would add that putting a model worth 345 vps in a unit that needs suffer only one casualty before he starts taking damage from spells and missiles is foolish.

The Greatsword unit is too big; it shouldn't be used as a block unit - for the points you've spent you could have 2 full units of core state troops. Make them 16-18 max and use them in conjunction with deachments or another ranked unit They're there to rack up CR against tough units, not provide the outnumber bonus.

Personally I would never use the Imperial standard - it is far too many points on a model with at best a 4+ armour save. I'd never use a scroll caddy either, but I haven't used a dispel scroll since 4th edition.

The Repeater handgun is only worthwhile if frontage is at a premium, and with one missile unit it isn't. You can get 2 more handgunners for 4 points less and be able to soak up more wounds before you can no longer rally. Same with the Pistoliers.

Jackster
28-04-2007, 16:51
Everytime my pistoliers get shot, the entire unit normally dies, so doesnt really matter much, plus thats the model i have.
I am figuring out revising Greatswords and captain and try to fit another unit.
Whats with the Scroll though, they save me many times from being nuke by magic?
Should i drop the volleygun for another Wizard?

List edit

Empire2000

Lord-
Reiksguard Commander (Templar Master)- Holy Relic, Laurel of Victory, lance, shield, full-plate, barded horse – 245 (Join IC)

Hero-
Captain- Full-plate, shield, Sword of Might- 75 (Join Swordsmen)
Battle Wizard- Lv. 1, Rod of Power, Power Stone -105 (Lore of Death)

Core-
5 Reiksguards, Full Command -155
-10 Free Company -50
-5 Handgunners -40
-10 Free Company-50
-5 Handgunners -40

Special-
20 Greatswords full command-230
-10 Free Company -50
-10 Archers- 80
6 Reiksguard Inner Circle Knights, full command -196
5 Pistoliers, Outrider with R. Pistol, musician – 114
Great Cannon- 100

Rare-
Hellblaster Volleygun -110

116 troops
2 warmachines
3 characters

Von Wibble
28-04-2007, 17:58
In the case of the pistoliers you get more firepower on a per points basis with the extra model.

Imo the rod of power is a better choice than scrolls as it allows you to increase your own casting if facing an army with no magic whilst giving comparable defense should it be needed. Most spells are cast on 3 dice (a few on 4) - so a dispel scroll gives, say, 4 extra dice in a game. With rod of power its more like 10 as long as you don't cast anything, by storing 2 each turn and failing 1 roll. With L1 you weren't seriously hoping to cast anything anyway.

Keep the volley gun - it is now better at long range and cheaper. Only at short range has it been weakened - from overpowered to reasonable.

Jackster
28-04-2007, 19:10
Good Idea.

Von Wibble
29-04-2007, 09:47
Unfortunately the rod of power and wizards staff are both arcane items so cant be taken on the same model. Try a power stone instead of staff.

Jackster
29-04-2007, 23:08
Ah that is so bad, would have made a good combo.