PDA

View Full Version : Large targets and LoS

D-Archangel
29-04-2007, 14:05
this is a question that came up during one of my battles. I had a unit of Archers on a hill, and I positioned my Treeman behind the hill. my opponent wanted to fire at my Treeman. so my question is this:

if a Large Target is behind a hill, which has a unit on it, would this block LoS to (and from) the Large Target?

eldrak
29-04-2007, 15:12
The unit doesn't matter, the definition of the height of your hills do (well, unit could matter a bit here).

edit: And don't use the 'models eye view' rule...

ZomboCom
29-04-2007, 16:07
Generally, most people play that hills are taller than large targets.

Sherlocko
29-04-2007, 16:12
Always discuss line of sight and how to treat terrain before battle. Hillls are some of a gray zone and while most people play that they block large targets I don´t think an official ruling is excisting.

Gorbad Ironclaw
29-04-2007, 16:45
There isn't really any official rules about it as far as I know. We play that hills block line of sight to anything(as well as buildings and woods). But discuss it with your opponent.

lparigi34
29-04-2007, 16:55
Gorbad got it right, But my reccomendation is that all terrain characteristics should be pointed out before the battle begins to avoid any possible confusion.

You can even define different characteristics for simmilar looking terrain like - this swamp is very difficult terrain, but this other one is impassable - or - this hill block LOS trough it, but this other one allows to see large targets -

If the moment of discussion came and you did not define the terrain before the battle started, then use the traditional method for this... Roll a die!

We´ve gone so far in this that we have even defined terrain that was impasable to ranked units but normal for skirmishers, something not covered in the rules at all.