PDA

View Full Version : Chaos a new army!

Macrus
29-04-2007, 19:39
I going to start a choas are (which is a big change form my pervious army Daemonhunters).

I like the look of having a nurgle or a slaanesh army, but im not sure which would be better.

Could you guys tell me the pros and cons of both and which you like better.

Thanks

Macrus

Indrid Khold
29-04-2007, 19:40
Go for Nurgle, the modelling opportunities are way better.

Onisuzume
29-04-2007, 19:56
Nurgle: rotting, decaying and generally dirty.
Slaanesh: bright colours(pink, purple, etc), and the other type of "dirty".

Mr Hat
29-04-2007, 21:40
Nurgle: rotting, decaying and generally dirty.

lol, other type of dirty

I like Nurgle becuase of the looks. They have a very Chaotic feel to them, and all conversions fit with Nurgle (tentacles, mushrooms, dead bodies, spikes, blood, demons etc. etc.)

WoW_Auron
30-04-2007, 00:18
Play IW.. call the cool (or not so cool, in my view) kids are doing it. ;)

Nah, Nurgle are cool. Though i hate them, thanx to some guy famed for playing cheese armies at our local club. Enough on that though.

Their Termies are tough nuts, as are all of their Marines. Plus they can look nice if modelled correctly.

I think what he's saying is. Slaaneshi CSM are for men confused over their sexuality. ;). Just kidding. /grin.

fracas
30-04-2007, 00:19
wait till september when codex:CSM comes out

Marius Xerxes
30-04-2007, 01:07
I prefer Slaanesh. But as written above i would wait till Sept when the new Codex is out. At that point who knows what might be cool and fun to take.

swordwind
30-04-2007, 01:48
Lost and the Damned. Go on. You know you want to...

Warboss Grimmtoof
30-04-2007, 01:55
Lost and the Damned with Nurgle! Zombies and scythes and resilience oh my! But seriously LatD is awesome. Zombies are the coolest guys, toughness 4 with a 4+ armor save and fearless for under 10 pts? Whats not to love? Also, Spawns and big mutants are cool. I like to model my biggies as ogres with big dissended (sp?) guts and cloth over their faces. The new FW traitors look cool too. And if GW manages to screw up the Chaos dex in December (don't know how, we are after all their favorite!:D ) than you can use the zombies as plaguebearers, a lot of their rules are similar.

Easy E
30-04-2007, 14:04
Lost and the Damned with Nurgle! Zombies and scythes and resilience oh my! But seriously LatD is awesome. Zombies are the coolest guys, toughness 4 with a 4+ armor save and fearless for under 10 pts? Whats not to love? Also, Spawns and big mutants are cool. I like to model my biggies as ogres with big dissended (sp?) guts and cloth over their faces. The new FW traitors look cool too. And if GW manages to screw up the Chaos dex in December (don't know how, we are after all their favorite!:D ) than you can use the zombies as plaguebearers, a lot of their rules are similar.

Shambling makes them a bit unpredictable and short ranged.

However saying that, I totally agree. You get the best of IG, Chaos, and some added spice thrown in for the cool factor.

LaTD for president!

Dooks Dizzo
30-04-2007, 15:10
I would hold out a few months for the new codex personally.

Other than that, I play Nurgle and am pretty happy with them.

Onisuzume
30-04-2007, 16:42
yeah they need to make them official IMO. THey were the L33T.
LotD *are* official.
They were in codex: EoT remember?
And currently they're residing on the UK website. In PDF format.

kaimarion
30-04-2007, 17:26
Yeh its like picking the ugly sister (nurgle) :)
over the good looking one (slanesh)

Yeh I would pick nurgle any day.
p.s. slanesh like drugs-stay clean go with nurgle