PDA

View Full Version : Angry Marines?

Arcadia
04-08-2005, 18:02
Hi all.

I want to make a new space marine army that is a little bit evil or maybe mad at everything and everyone, do anyone know of such a chapter without them being traitors or Chaos?

It would not be bad if there also where a good reason for them fighting other Space marines, but just a chapter who has been maybe backstabbed, betrayed or dishonoured for any reason, i can only come up with the Space wolves vs the Dark angels but maybe some of you know some more.

warwizard_99
04-08-2005, 18:07
Souldrinkers would be a good start

Arcadia
04-08-2005, 18:08
What are they angry about? i dont know them so well. :(

Spacejens
04-08-2005, 18:23
The Flesh Tearers might be what you are looking for. They are successors of the Blood Angels, and they suffer even more badly from the rage so common among that breed of marines.

They have been known to make no difference between enemy and innocent, killing everyone in their mad bloodlust. Some other Imperial forces who have witnessed this could very well take the matter into their own hands, attacking the mad cannibal marines.

Inquisitor S.
04-08-2005, 18:24
The Adeptus Mechanicus, the Inquisition, the Crimson Fists, Chaos... well better ask what they are not angry about ;)

Gorblitz
04-08-2005, 18:29
Just make sure you have 'KIL' graffitied onto appropriate bits of armour. :)

Inquisitor S.
04-08-2005, 18:35
Nah, that's the Crimson Fists.

Arcadia
04-08-2005, 18:54
Hey you mentioned Crimson fists, i like them very much but whats the story about them? (not the whole story but the angry stuff :mad: ) i have'nt heard about that.

Xisor
04-08-2005, 19:06
Try Marines Malevolent. All sources point to them being a bunch of bastards :p

Chapter Mast Tu'Shan of the Salamanders bollocked one of the MM captains for allowing his forces to shell a refugee camp because there were orks inside the perimiter. I also remember a quote something like "If you won't fight for the Emperor, then you deserve to die". They also are encountered by Uriel Ventris in one of those novels too. They've also got a damn cool colour scheme IMO :chrome:

They're the archetypal arrogant space marines, they don't care for Humanity, they fight for the Emperor. It's no wonder Tu'shan gave them a bollocking, they're the complete opposite ends of 'Why I became and enjoy being a Space Marine' on their team training, teamwork and activity days :rolleyes:

Xisor

Arcadia
04-08-2005, 19:14
I just found out that there's alot of stuff i dont know about the chapters, so if it won't be to much of a problem i would be happy if you write a little about the story or maybe give me the source.

And thanks for the quick replies.

Xisor
04-08-2005, 19:24
Marines Malevolent here:

http://www.armageddon3.com/English/Campaign/Troops/malevolent.html
http://www.armageddon3.com/English/News/sub-hades.asp

It's not the colourscheme I'd seen them painted with though, it was more bone than yellow, but it looked damn cool!

Xisor

Arcadia
04-08-2005, 19:32
Wow cool site Xisor and even cooler chapter, that might just be it, thank you very much, you would'nt happen to have a link with some pictures of them would you?

Xisor
04-08-2005, 19:45
Unfortunately not. I always liked the idea of the Marines Malevolent, almost the exact antithesis in principles of my Salamanders. The only notable accounts of them I can find concern armageddon, though that Armageddon3 site is a fantastic resource, if somewhat diffiuclt to navigate to actually *find* anything :p .

Xisor

Arcadia
04-08-2005, 19:47
I can't find anything either, i just searched google there were only drawings, was it in a WD you saw it?

Xisor
04-08-2005, 19:52
Actually, in hindsight it might have been GW Edinburgh :rolleyes:

However, IIRC it was a kind of bone-ish armour with black plates too. The bone was more predominant, and it had quite a yellowish tinge to it, so it definately wasn't 'straight' bleached bone. If you can get your hands on a combat squad easily you may want to try your hand experimenting with a few different 'basic' marines to see if you can edit the schemes to suit your style a bit better.(Like pre-4th Edition, I thought Ultramarine Armies with Golden parts instead of Yellow were simply 'damn cool', until that became the norm. It's still pretty cool though)

The yellow they show on Armageddon three isn't how I saw the scheme though, but the fluff sounded exactly like you were looking for.

Xisor

Armitage
04-08-2005, 20:00
Relictors? They'd have to be pretty pissed after having 4 Chapters, a load of Inquisitors and an Emperor Class Battleship take away their toys and shoot their chapter master.

Arcadia
04-08-2005, 20:07
Well it was just that kind of thing i was looking for, and getting a marine squad should'nt be a problem, the other day my buddy just bought the new set and he began cleaning them up at my place, and boy was that a kick in the face to see him with that grin on his face when he saw all the new parts, i wanted such a squad as well, but at the moment im stuck with my Necrons.
But not for long i can tell you now. :D

By the way Xisor you said you collected Salamanders, i have just made a cool and easy conversion for a commander in terminator armour maybe i should take a picture of it.

Xisor
04-08-2005, 20:12
That'd be pretty cool actually. I've not really used my Salamanders in a long time, but they are by far my biggest army, I mostly just enjoy painting them up and modelling them. As Marines, they aren't the most fun to game with all the time(considering it's all Marines or MEqs out there), but I certainly enjoy plotting with them.

If you preferred a more maintstream 'angry' Chapter, look into some of the details of the Dark Angels. They are regarded as a bit of a bunch of bastards too(*very* antimutant, difficult as allies to the point of bordering Iron Hands etc).

Still, the MM are about as common '********s' of the Adeptus Astartes as you're likely to find.

Xisor

Arcadia
04-08-2005, 20:16
Yeah i know that the Dark angles would be good to, but thats the chapter the lad with the new marines are collecting, so i don't want to start them aswell.

Harlequin'sDance
04-08-2005, 22:24
Relictors- Messed around with warp-tainted weapons and artefacts. Then were promptly stomped into the dirt by a pretty large battleforce, and I believe that they are actually being hunted or something by the Imperium.

Marines Malevolent- They do their duty well. If you get in their way while they're doing so, they'll do their duty and beat the everloving hell out of you.

Black Templars- Extraordinarily zealous chapter. Entirely possible that they would fight other marine chapters.

Minotaurs- I seem to remember that these guys actually enjoyed slaughtering their brother marines during the Badab war.

Legion of the Damned- They look like chaos marines, so that's gotta cause a few misgivings, but also they act on their own so could conceivable try to wipe out another chapter if they thought it was necessary.

Iron Hands- Arrogant and have a callous disregard for everyone who doesn't appreciate the machine.

Flesh Tearers- Get a bit carried away from time to time. That could cause problems with other chapters.

zealousheretic
05-08-2005, 06:03
As much as GW portrays them as valiant heroes, it should be kept in mind that marines are as brutal, unyielding, and merciless as the Imperium they fight for. In many cases, they're more terror-troops than anything else; they launch surgical strikes that leave no survivors, take no prisoners, and brutally squash the opposition.

In other words, the chapters aren't clear-cut "good guys." The average marine will cheerfully do things that would make most modern heroes ill.

Also, in terms of justifying the marines vs. marines battles that are so common these days, consider it a training exercise, with guns firing blanks, close combat punches being pulled, the like.

Barbarossa
05-08-2005, 06:35
I wonder why no one has mentioned the Exorcists yet? After being possessed by a demon and having him driven out again, I'd wager these guys are pretty pissed.

Harlequin'sDance
05-08-2005, 10:58
Yeah, that's actually mentioned, but there's no reason for them as an army to fight other marines that you couldn't give for really any other chapter.

sigur
05-08-2005, 11:13
Minotaurs- I seem to remember that these guys actually enjoyed slaughtering their brother marines during the Badab war.

...and the Lamenters are still miffed about that. Anyway, Minotaurs are also a chapter of the cursed 21st founding IIRC and all chapters of the cursed founding have something "angry" about them.

I hate to do that, but I have to mention the Black Templars. They're a pretty angry bunch of grumpyfaces and are gonna receive a new codex as well as a complete makeover of their model line (a shame, really) within the next 2 months. On the other hand, there will be loads of BT armies out there for the next year so it wouldn't be very interesting to play I guess.

DarkSoldier
10-06-2007, 10:35
Also, in terms of justifying the marines vs. marines battles that are so common these days, consider it a training exercise, with guns firing blanks, close combat punches being pulled, the like.
I like the idea of two Company Masters getting together after cleansing some foul xenos infestation somewhere and going over the after-action reports, and after seeing some less than stellar engagements on one company's part, one of them suggests a training exercise, with a round of the Emperor's Most Holy Brew on the line.

With a wager like that, Space Wolves would be all over it.

Myst
10-06-2007, 11:38
I am no one mentioned Raven Guard. Their primarch was a total nutcase...

Sabbad
10-06-2007, 12:07
Any particular reason why a TWO YEAR old thread had been ressurected?

apaosha
10-06-2007, 12:22
This SO gonna sound like a plug (which it is) but for a particularily *angry* Chapter, check out my Angels of Genocide (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87471) guys ...

Any particular reason why a TWO YEAR old thread had been ressurected?

I didn't notice that til you pointed it out; god, I'm blind ...