PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts. OaG Big Waagh

beefpizza
04-08-2005, 18:19
here is my list. I really like orc magic, but suggestions on how to keep it magicy yet not too much would be nice. also the big waagh is god for getting toops into combat so i choose a lot of boyz...
see what you think!

Orc Great Shaman 315pts (Lord)

Base: Choppa
Options: Level 4 Wizard; Ditto's Double Doin' Doo-Dahs; Dispel Scroll(x1); Power Stone(x2)

Goblin Shaman 115pts (Hero)

Base: Hand Weapon
Options: Level 2 Wizard; Dispel Scroll(x1)

Orc Big Boss 89pts (Hero)

Options: Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield
Mount: Boar

Orc Big Boss 89pts (Hero)

Options: Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield
Mount: Boar

Units

40 x Goblins 84pts (Core)

Base: Hand weapon
Options: Shield; Musician

40 x Goblins 84pts (Core)

Base: Hand weapon
Options: Shield; Musician

24 x Orc Boyz 148pts (Core)

Base: Choppa; Light Armor
Options: Musician; Champion; Standard Bearer

10 x Orc Boyz 55pts (Core)

Options: Musician

1 x Orc Boar Chariot 86pts (Special)

Base: 2 Orcs with Hand Weapons and Spears; 2 Boars; 4+ Armor Save
Options: Extra Orc

total 1987

beefpizza
05-08-2005, 21:40
anyone? any feedback would be nice.
do i have too many boyz? should I replace some with boarboys and put one of the big bosses with them?

Freak Ona Leash
05-08-2005, 21:49
All the little units of ten boyz should be combined together to form two or more bigger units. Two units of 25 should do.

gortexgunnerson
06-08-2005, 08:02
I really like and think you should keep the little units of boys. But maybe swap a chariot and boys unit for some black orcs to allow the anomistry rerolls which will cause problems with so many troops. But basically you have an unstoppable horde with out a lot of banners.

I think it characterful and will be fun to play, you will have problems aginst skirmishers and march blockers as you no flexible troops to deal with them, but chariots have free 360 degree turns so with some clever end of move placement you can hopefully cover your flanks etc.

The other problems is power unit armies, super units will hammer through a unit of boyz in one turn and so never allow to be flanked and ganged up on. Maybe a free fanatic units inbetween the orcs to deter units like choas knights

Xenageo
06-08-2005, 13:35
I would take some fanatics, black orcs for quell animosity, goblin chariots instead of orc (that 18" charge is too good to pass up, as well as extra crew for more attacks), probably drop the units of 10 boyz, maybe a giant or something.

Another point to mention - great shaman with power stones = bad. orc miscast table is so harsh that you really don't want anything that makes him MORE likely to miscast.

nurgle_boy
06-08-2005, 19:10
never leave home with an orc unit smaller than 25 strong!

or at least thats my mantra.

ideally youd want a fighting lord, and magic heroes, and use items like the knobbly staff, to AVOID miscasts, or even dont take any magic gear, to save in points to bulk out those boys units

Arnizipal
07-08-2005, 00:20
Here's another vote for the Knobbely Staff. You can't run the risk of having 315 points of shaman blowing up on turn one! You also might want to take the Dangly Wotnotz for you Goblin shaman.

Now about your list... Where's all the good stuff? I mean let's face it, Orc Boyz may be tough, but they don't make that great fighters (especially when charged). An army with two units of heavy cavalry will murder you. Undead (or anything that causes fear) will immobilize your low leadership boyz.

You need to get yourself some heavy hitters. Drop those 10 man units. They're easy victory points for your opponent. With those points freed, upgrade one mob of Orcs to Big'Unz and put a Big Boss with them.

See if you can fit in Black Orcs somewhere. With so many units you're bound to fail some animosity checks; Black Orcs can both keep your troops in line and hurt the enemy plenty as well.

There's no point in putting your Big Bosses on boars if you're not going to bring some boar boyz for them to lead. It will just make it easier for the enemy to target them with shooting and spells. Either put them with you infantry (minus the boar), or get at least eight boar boyz for them to lead.
Alternativly, you could put one Big Boss in a chariot. It would make a nice heavy flanker.

Perhaps you should consider bringing a Giant or a decent unit of Trolls to attract enemy fire while your troops advance. These monstrous troops are also good at taking cavalry charges and generally holding the line until your (slower) footsloggers can come to the rescue.

Hope this helps. :)

beefpizza
07-08-2005, 22:06
ok, well, i really like ditto's doublin doing do ah's. Is so great whn i gets gorks warpath then get it again! ahh such a good feeling...
ok, wel i gave the mage some protection againt miscasts with his ward and discard the first wound, so that should take care of the all but the very worst.
also i added some black orcs to help with animosity, but i have never had much luck with them, i dunno why. they always take a charge from a hard hitting unit or get plastered with magic. so anything to replace them would be nice.
oh yeah, and i want to keep this a hoarde army and not an elite orc army, as thats what i have most often played and i never really liked it so much.
tell me what what you think and thanks for the replies!

Black Orc Regiment 20 Choppa; Heavy Armor; ; Standard Bearer; Champion; Musician 1S 233

Goblin Shaman 1 Hand Weapon; ; Level 2 Wizard; Dispel Scroll(x1) 1H 115

Goblins 40 Hand weapon; ; Musician; Shield 1C 84

Goblins 40 Hand weapon; ; Musician; Shield 1C 84

Orc Big Boss 1 Choppa; ; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Enchanted Shield 1H 81

Orc Big Boss 1 Choppa; ; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Enchanted Shield 1H 81

Orc Boar Chariot 1 2 Orcs with Hand Weapons and Spears; 2 Boars; 4+ Armor Save; ; Extra Orc 1S 86

Orc Boar Chariot 1 2 Orcs with Hand Weapons and Spears; 2 Boars; 4+ Armor Save; ; Extra Orc 1S 86

Orc Boyz 10 Choppa; Light Armor; ; Musician 1C 55

Orc Boyz 24 Choppa; Light Armor; ; Standard Bearer; Champion; Musician 1C 148

Orc Great Shaman 1 Choppa; ; Level 4 Wizard; Ugbrag's Lucky Shield; Warboss Umm's Best Big Boss's 'At; Ditto's Double Doin' Doo-Dahs 1L 300

Total 1993

Freak Ona Leash
07-08-2005, 22:27
Get rid of the ten orc units. They are easy points. Dont give those to your opponent. Make them into bigger units.

samw
07-08-2005, 22:43
You cannot have 2 enchanted shields. Also your Great Shaman is a wizard and so cannot have magic armour.

Arnizipal
08-08-2005, 01:08
Samw is correct. You can't use the same item two times, nor can your shaman use a magic shield. There's no real point in giving your Big Bosses a shield anyway as they won't be able to use it in combination with their two handed weapons.

If you intend on keeping that many standard Orc Boyz, have you considered giving them some equipement like extra hand weapons or spears? I can really make a difference in a fight.
Those small ten man units might work if you give them bows and keep them to the back.

Just a thought...

beefpizza
08-08-2005, 15:36
well, i intended for those small units to flank charge when the bigger ones get into close combat, so what do you guys think? worth it? or should i take out some?
ok, i'll redo the list again, here it goes:

Black Orc Regiment 22 Choppa; Heavy Armor; ; Standard Bearer; Champion; Musician 1S 253

Goblin Shaman 1 Hand Weapon; ; Level 2 Wizard; Dispel Scroll(x1) 1H 115

Night Goblins 30 Hand Weapon; ; Musician; Shield; Fanatic (x2) 1C 114

Orc Big Boss 1 Choppa; ; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield 1H 73

Orc Big Boss 1 Choppa; ; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield 1H 73

Orc Boyz 30 Choppa; Light Armor; ; Standard Bearer; Champion; Musician 1C 178

Orc Great Shaman 1 Choppa; ; Level 4 Wizard; Magical Warpaint; Buzgob's Knobbly Staff 1L 290

Total 1998

Arnizipal
08-08-2005, 15:57
Stick with the Best Big Boss 'At for your shaman (it doesn't count as armour, it's a talisman).
Magical Warpaint can only be worn by Savage Orcs.

Foottroops are not that great for flanking as they are not very mobile. You'll have ot be very carefull when deploying so they don't get bogged down by they rest of your horde.

You seem to have your mind pretty much made up about what you want to use. Try it out sometime and let us know how it went.