PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the coolest GW mini ever.

Marsekay
08-04-2005, 03:23
Does anyone own one of these? they would be ace for base decorating lol.

http://www.solegends.com/citwf/citwf10kitty.htm

Marsekay
08-04-2005, 03:27
And i never knew GW did an Idiana Jones rip off mini. (top row)

And whats with the Blatant KKK minis???
http://www.solegends.com/citgoth/goth85/index.htm

Inquisitor Engel
08-04-2005, 03:39
The Occultists were reincarnated as Necromunda redemptionists, and the pointy hat has long been a symbol of the occult. Wizards wear them with brims, sometimes without, the mask was a feature of artistic liscence.

Saying they're the KKK is like immediately drawing a parellel of the Dark Elves society to something Incan or Mayan, it doesn't pan out. The resemblance is there, but it's not where the inspiration came from.

Marsekay
08-04-2005, 03:46
The Occultists were reincarnated as Necromunda redemptionists, and the pointy hat has long been a symbol of the occult. Wizards wear them with brims, sometimes without, the mask was a feature of artistic liscence.

I never looked at it like they were wizards hats without as brim, but i see it now. You learn something new everyday!

Why dod GW have to go throw all the old Moulds away? surely theres a market for all their super old 80's minis?

inquisitorautry
08-04-2005, 04:07
I don't think it was a 'throw out' of the old molds. More of a 'they broke' or 'only churn out unrecognizable lumps of metal' problem.

Ouroboros
08-04-2005, 14:38
And whats with the Blatant KKK minis???

Hmm I actually want some of those for my sisters army. They don't look half as dated as most of the stuff on that page.

These guys are way more Klanny than the Redemtionists to. Most actual Red models don't even have the pointed hats they've become so infamous for. The unpainted red preist on my shelf is however practicaly screaming "paint me white I dare ya" though. I keep telling him I have to switch out his meltagun for one of those double barreled ratskin shotguns first. :eek:

I'll use Engel's explanation when I'm threatened with my first beating.

Unspun_Hero
08-04-2005, 20:59
I must have every elf, human and orc mini from the old days up in my bedroom but I dunno if I could bring myself to sell em on. I didn't buy them...lucky enough to get them all off my neighbour.

anyway Ouroboros reminded me of a project me and my gamin mates did when we were schoolkids... kind of a gang war theme but to cut a long story short me and my team mate built up a ratskin renegade tribe and painted them up with a more red-neck feel than usual and made (from my little bros old farm-lorry toy and some gorka morka stuff) a big ass pickup truck complete with hay bails that fall off the back when hitting bumps or makin sharp turns both of which were compulsory of course! the idea was that the other gangs are on their own little journeys and it all gets a bit like 'Deliverance' (minus the piggy bit!) and the others (in groups of 3-4 minis) had to escape.
yeah we were bored

Dominion
09-04-2005, 20:46
The kittys the best gw mini ive ever seen

EldarZach
11-04-2005, 04:56
WHOA! That kitty kat is like 2.5mm wide! I have GOT to get me some of those!

Sai-Lauren
11-04-2005, 10:59
The Gothic Horror ones (including the occultists), were to tie into the RPG Call Of Cthulu - they're very 20's-30s period.

Inquisitor Samos
12-04-2005, 12:50
I've got "The Complete Adventurer" and "The Dwarf with No Name" from that same Citadel "Wierd Fantasy" line in my collection, somewhere..... nice, characterful minis, even if they look a little dated next to current miniature standards!