PDA

View Full Version : WYSIWYG question

Ubercarp
01-05-2007, 02:38
I know that wargear from your list is supposed to be represented on the model for strict (tournament) WYSIWYG gaming. Most of my gaming is pretty informal, but I do want to particpate in some tournaments in the not to distant future. My question is what if you have something on the model that isn't on the list? In my case, my carnifex and warriors have enhanced senses and have it represented on the model. This has lead to a 'lots of eyes' look that I rather like. I have no problem converting my flyrant to have extra eyes, but will I have to give him enhanced senses on the list to meet WYSIWYG?

insaniak
01-05-2007, 02:46
WYSIWYG is really very simple: What you see, is what you get.

Which means that when your opponent looks at your model, what he sees is what the model is supposed to be. So if the model has something, that means that the model has that item. If the model doesn't have somethine, that means that the model doesn't have that item.

That's not an actual rule, just a general convention to make gaming easier for everyone involved.

How closely it's actually followed in a tournament is completely up to the tournie organisers.

Bloodknight
01-05-2007, 02:48
You should, but actually I think nobody takes WYSIWYG seriously with Tyranids as their upgrades look all the same, most are some flesh blobs which could mean anything, especially on the gaunts.

Mr Hat
01-05-2007, 02:50
As long as you tell your opponent that you jsut like the look and not the rule, there shoudl eb no problems. For tournaments... talk to the organizers and ask them what to do.

Grand Warlord
01-05-2007, 02:55
For me as long as i know what is and is not on the model pointwise it wouldnt bother me.

Court
01-05-2007, 04:11
Pretty much as Mr Hat said. Nids are notoriously bad for WYSIWYG since all of them still look the same after all the supposed upgrades are glued on hehe.

I would think that if their limb/weapon loadout was the same and you answer any and all of yer oppenents questions about the units it should be nice and kosher.