PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point army of the Empire

Caligula
01-05-2007, 16:51
Greetings all. After some discussions here in the tactics section about Empire lord choices, I've settled on one and based a portion of the army around it. Anyway, here's the full 2000 point list as it stands. Please feel free to comment on it and suggest any changes...or even offer praise. Praise is good:)

Templar Grand Master of the Knights Panther-
Laurels of Victory
Sword of Power
@240pts.

Captain of the Empire-
Battle Standard
Armour of Meteoric Iron
Sword of Might
@115pts.

Warrior Priest-
second Warhammer
Dawn Armour
@129pts.

Battle Wizard-
Level 2
Rod of Power
@130pts.

24 Swordsmen-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Duellist
@169pts.

Detachment-
10 Halberdiers
@50pts.

Detachment-
5 Handgunners
@40pts.

24 Spearmen-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Sergeant
@140pts.

Detachment-
10 Free Company
@50pts.

Detachment-
5 Handgunners
@40pts.

10 Flagellants-
Prophet of Doom
@110pts.

10 Flagellants-
Prophet of Doom
@110pts.

11 Knights of the Knights Panther-
Musician
Standard Bearer
War Banner
Preceptor
Inner Circle
@351pts.

5 Pistoliers-
Musician
Outrider
Repeater Pistol
@114pts.

Great Cannon
@100pts.

Helblaster Volley Gun
@110pts.

TOTAL-1998pts.

Thoughts?

Atrahasis
01-05-2007, 17:10
Templar Grand Master of the Knights of the Fiery Heart-
Laurels of Victory
Sword of Power
@240pts.Nice combination of items ;)

Captain of the Empire-
Battle Standard
Dawn Armour
Sword of Might
@125pts.

Warrior Priest-
second Warhammer
Armour of Meteric Iron
@119pts.I'd probably switch the armours around or mount the BSB to push his save up higher. I see the BSB as more valuable and therefore more in need of protection and AoMI provides that.

Battle Wizard-
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Power Stone
@145pts.I'd personally take the Rod of Power instead of these two as it does almost as good a job, but every turn rather than once per battle.

20 Flagellants-
Prophet of Doom
@210pts.I'd rather have 2 units of 10 but it depends what you intend for them.

11 Knights of the Fiery Heart-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Steel Standard
Preceptor
Inner Circle
@346pts.Personally I'd rather have the war banner; the occasions where I've used the SS it hasn't been all that useful, but again its personal preference.

Overall its a good solid list with a nice balance of all troop types.

Caligula
01-05-2007, 19:33
Great, thanks for the suggestions Atrahasis. Mostly, I'm impressed you like it! I know you're a hard man on army lists and a very solid tactician(from what I've gleaned from your posts and all that anyway), so I'm doubly happy that it gets your nod of approval for the most part!

Thanks for all the help, Atrahasis....I'll see about making those changes. I may also write up a list incorporating an Arch Lector instead of Grand Master....but overall I really like the way this list looks. Combined with the changes you've suggested I think it'll be awesome.

Caligula
01-05-2007, 19:53
There, the original list has been edited to include all the changes. Lookin' real nice to me now. Thanks again.

Vattendroppe
02-05-2007, 05:20
That's a very nice list, I don't think I've got anything to say about it. Good luck!

Caligula
02-05-2007, 15:02
Hah! vattendroppe, this is the first time you haven't had any suggestions to give on an army! I must be getting better! Thanks very much. The army itself should be fully painted and ready to roll in about a month, perhaps a little more. I'm still working on getting the time and such to get a painting log going, but hope to soon.

Oh well, I'm off to buy some more models and paint. Thanks again!

Gimp
02-05-2007, 16:07
A really good strong list ;).

Only one comment and that would be to caombine the one unit of flaggulants into 1 unit 6 because a 10 man unit is not going to hold an enemy unit for long.

I really wish i could play against that list. sigh :eyebrows: .

Atrahasis
02-05-2007, 16:17
Only one comment and that would be to caombine the one unit of flaggulants into 1 unit 6 because a 10 man unit is not going to hold an enemy unit for long.You'd be surprised, and 2 units of 10 will hold them longer than one unit of 20.

Gimp
02-05-2007, 16:38
You'd be surprised, and 2 units of 10 will hold them longer than one unit of 20.

It really depends what unit they are trying to hold up.

10 man unit can hold up you average units like Dark Elf Spreanman, Orc Bozs and Skaven Clan Rats.

But a 20 man unit is for elit troops like Chaos Chosen, Lizardmen Suarus, Black Orcs andDark Elf Witch Elves.

Atrahasis
02-05-2007, 17:13
It really depends what unit they are trying to hold up.

10 man unit can hold up you average units like Dark Elf Spreanman, Orc Bozs and Skaven Clan Rats.

But a 20 man unit is for elit troops like Chaos Chosen, Lizardmen Suarus, Black Orcs andDark Elf Witch Elves.

2 units of 10 will hold ANY unit up longer than one unit of 20.

Odieman
02-05-2007, 18:42
By that, do you mean to charge one unit into the unit you want to hold, and keeping the other in reserve to charge the enemy unit after your first flagelant unit has perished?

Atrahasis
02-05-2007, 18:57
That would be one way of doing it, yes.

Caligula
02-05-2007, 19:23
I'm with Atrahasis on this one. I see the two units of 10 as being more efficient than one large unit of 20. Sure, it's less viable to take advantage of the Martyrs special rule, but you still could in a pinch. I tend to look at a unit in it's context as a part of a greater whole, that is the whole army. To me, two units of Flagellants in more tactically flexible and even durable than one large one...in conjunction with the what the rest of the army's doing, of course.

Caligula
02-05-2007, 19:25
Oh, and Gimp, thanks very much for the compliment! If I'm ever in...*looks to see where you're from*...oh, South Africa, well...if I'm ever in South Africa, I'll look you up for a game;)

Gimp
02-05-2007, 19:53
Oh, and Gimp, thanks very much for the compliment! If I'm ever in...*looks to see where you're from*...oh, South Africa, well...if I'm ever in South Africa, I'll look you up for a game;)

Ha South Africa is a great place (not many Warhammer players and no GW stores :( ) unfortunatly the mortality rate among tourists/easy pickings is unfortunatly a tad heigh so maybe hold on that thought.

As for your list ha if you like using two units of flaggulants well then i would sugest try using two units and see how it does for you. If it works keep it if it does not work then try one big unit and if that does not work well then its back to the drawing board.

Caligula
03-05-2007, 21:39
Just a silly update, but I've changed the order of Knights I'll be using from the Fiery Heart to Knights Panther...it will just be easier for me to obtain a good looking unit of them, not to mention a Grand Master. Not that that has anything to do with tactics or the army list, but....there we are.

Thanks again for the all the help, everyone. The army should be entirely bought by next week, and soon after painting will commence.