PDA

View Full Version : Empire Ver 2.0 (changes made after chicago GT)

Grand Warlord
05-08-2005, 03:44
Well here is my list, please give me an honest oppinion. I had a foot troop heavy list and got plowed with the lists at this years Chicago Gt. I am doing this to be competitive, but let me know if it is too much... I am so rusty I don't realyl know anymore lol. Granted this is from memory but it's pretty close.

Empire - 2000 Pts.

Wizard Lord:
-Level 4, Hand Weapon, Dispel Scroll, Van Horstman's Speculum, and Grey Wand.
-310 Pts.

Captian:
-Full Plate, Hand Weapon, and Shield.
-60 Pts.

Captian:
-Full Plate, Hand Weapon, and Shield.
-60 Pts.

Captian:
-Full Plate, Hand Weapon, Battle Standard Bearer, and Griffon Banner.
-133 Pts.

x24 Swordsmen
-Hand Weapon, Shield, and Light Armor. Full Command.
-193 Pts.

x10 Swordsmen Detachment
-70 Pts.

x10 Swordsmen Detachment
-70 Pts.

x24 Halberdiers
-Light Armor and Halberd.
-169 Pts.

x10 Free Company Detachment
-x2 Hand Weapons.
-50 Pts.

x24 Halberdiers
-Light Armor and Halberd.
-169 Pts.

x10 Free Company Detachment
-x2 Hand Weapons.
-50 Pts.

x10 Handgunners
-Hand Weapon and Handgun
-80 Pts.

x10 Handgunners
-Hand Weapon and Handgun
-80 Pts.

Great Cannon
-100 Pts.

Great Cannon
-100 Pts.

Great Cannon
-100 Pts.

That takes me to 1794 of 2000. I'm leaving this open for any changes I should make. I am going by what others at the GT had recommended with that I am willing to take.. I loathe magic but it tore me apart. I want to stay fair if possible and not 'beardy' 'cheesy' and other such abhorrent terms, I just hope I can be competitive and still be fun without killing it for my opponents.

Muffin Man
05-08-2005, 05:39
That's a lot of troops I wouldn't really suggest more, the only thing I'd recommend are some archer screens as you seem to have a few blocks with detachments open. If you really loathe magic, I'd would also recomment swapping a captain (or even two you certainly have the points) with warrior priests, that way you get a little more dispel dice.

Ozorik
05-08-2005, 09:25
Swordsmen are substantailly better than halberdiers as parent units for only 1PPM extra. Add your 2 swordsmen detachments into a single unit and maybe bulk up the numbers to 25. Break down 1 of your halberdier units into detachments for your swordsmen. A couple of archer detachments are handy to block missile damage and enemy charges.

You may want to think about replacing 1 of your cannon for a mortar to deal with large infantry blocks.

You want something to hinder enemy movement. Pistoliers, hunters or a pegasus for one of your captains are all options that you could take.

TBH I dont like wizard lords as empire generals. You need the LD9 that an elector count brings and the magic standard means that you can put the griffon banner within a unit and make it much more secure. A fairly well tooled up elector count also comes in a about half the cost of your wizard lord.

Get a scroll caddy and upgrade a captain to a warrior priest to at least give you some decent magic defense and the warrior preists hatred can be very useful.

Another option to think about is getting 2 units of 5 knights and using them as flankers and to chase off enemy light cav or skirmishers.