PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Weapons?

Arael
02-05-2007, 01:15
Okay, I haven't played Inquisitor in a while, so I'm asking for a bit of advice here.

I made an Inquisitor a few years back (using Eisenhorn's model) that I haven't painted yet, and I'm not sure if I've read the rules right.

I wanted a Daemon Weapon, but instead of a sword, I made it a small spear, using the bottom of the Runestaff as the back, and the Lion Sword as the blade. Can anyone tell me if a Daemon Spear is a good idea?

When I first read the rules, I fitted a Storm Bolter to his sword hand, using two 40k SM Bolters stuck together. Now, it seems a bit small for a Storm Bolter, so could I make it a Master-Crafted Bolter with a Shot Selector? (AFAIK, Master Crafting does nothing in this game, I'm just using it as a reason why it's a double.)

Thanks.

Sarison
02-05-2007, 05:18
Yeah, sounds like a good job on the spear, Rune Staff and Daemon weapon seems a little much, (unless your talking about a modeling idea). A daemon spear sounds like a great idea. What are you going to enchant it with?

Master Crafting can always do what ever you want it to do, but usually it involves one of the more specific modifications, like shot selector, or MIU. if its ok with your GM, give it something to make it stand out, like Annoited in the Blood of Heretics," and it gets plus one to damage vs Psykers.

Elcampbello
02-05-2007, 18:58
You could have the storm bolter operate as a double barreled bolt pistol and give it the semi-2 if it dosn't have it already.

inq.serge
02-05-2007, 19:13
Nice. It will work.

IMO Daemon spears should have Flight, because it has something cool about it.

Charax
02-05-2007, 19:30
I wanted a Daemon Weapon, but instead of a sword, I made it a small spear, using the bottom of the Runestaff as the back, and the Lion Sword as the blade. Can anyone tell me if a Daemon Spear is a good idea?
As good an idea as any other Daemon weapon.

When I first read the rules, I fitted a Storm Bolter to his sword hand, using two 40k SM Bolters stuck together. Now, it seems a bit small for a Storm Bolter, so could I make it a Master-Crafted Bolter with a Shot Selector? (AFAIK, Master Crafting does nothing in this game, I'm just using it as a reason why it's a double.)

Master Crafting does do something. On ranged weapons it means the character always counts as having aimed with that weapon when working out Placed Shots (and ONLY when working out placed shots, no +20% to hit)

A daemon spear sounds like a great idea. What are you going to enchant it with?
Is this Ultima World of NexusWarcraft? No? then there is no enchanting going on here. You do not "enchant" a daemonweapon, you carefully bind an immesurably powerful entity inside the blade, risking your soul to do so, and if you're lucky it will begin to manifest it's powers through the weapon.

Arael
02-05-2007, 20:00
Sorry if I confused anyone.

The way I've made it is, the Lion Sword is held where the Eisenhorn model held his sword sheath. I've cut the Runestaff just below the cases on it, and the part I cut off is the back of the Spear (I thought the runes would add a nice touch).

Sarison
02-05-2007, 22:19
You carefully bind an immesurably powerful entity inside the blade, risking your soul to do so, and if you're lucky it will begin to manifest it's powers through the weapon.

Right, like I said, enchant.

black-francis
03-05-2007, 19:39
demon weapons are cool. i would suggest flight as a special power for it.