PDA

View Full Version : dumb question..

Stonewalldan
02-05-2007, 04:38
Hello all,i have a very dumb question but i must make it :p.
LOTR is designed to be played against any army right? , evil can fight evil armys and the same goes with good armys.Im almost sure that the answer is yes,but i must be 100% sure because i will play mainly with my bro and im buying a moria army and he is making an easterlings one.

thanks in advance.

Mad Makz
02-05-2007, 05:38
It's not designed to be played that way - but ruleswise there is very little reason you couldn't play it that way - especially an evil versus evil battle which will make some more sense background wise due than a good vs good battle.

Tournaments often are played with both players having two forces, one for evil, one for good, and when they play the scenario twice and then swap their forces to the opposing side.

Pertinax
02-05-2007, 12:57
We often play Evil vs. Evil, or Good vs. Good.

The only problem is that you run the risk of the same heroes fighting their twin bother (sister).

But like many things, it really doesn't matter, at least if the two of you are cool with it. After all, there are civil wars all the time. No?

Osbad
02-05-2007, 14:11
"Historically" Dwarves fought on the side of Evil, and there were civil wars amongst the Orcs etc. No doubt the Haradrim and Easterlings didn't get on either. There was also a civil war in Gondor and going further back the Elven kinstrife of the 1st Age is documented.

The rules are written assuming Good vs. Evil battles as that is a simple way of trying to get armies that look right fighting each other, but even then you will end up with unlikely combatants from time to time - Gondor vs. Isengard and Dwarves vs. Haradrim for instance.

What matters is that you enjoy it, so if you are happy pitting Goblins against Easterlings then that's all that matters in the end. Enjoy!

One thing to look out for is that certain Special Rules imply they work against Good or against evil. If you substitute the words "opponent" for "good" or "evil" at the right moment (such as in the Terror special rule) then that is all there is to understand.

Bob5000
02-05-2007, 22:54
In the current UK Conflicts ( doubles ) you can find yourself up against an army of the same side as you are not expected to take a good and an evil army