PDA

View Full Version : When do you think you've played a game too much.....

Alco Engineer
05-08-2005, 04:59
I've played a lot of Grand Theft Auto in my Time. I've been playin SA recently but Vice City I think I played too much.

Here's why:
- Whenever I see a dirtbike/sportsbike on the road I want to knock the driver off and take it.
- I'm always on the lookout for cars I need to fulfill the export requirements when driving on the road (and when watching Tv and I see Humvees on the news I think....I need a patriot to fill the first board in SA)
- When passengers open the door to get in the car I'm tempted to drive off straight away (as they get in, especially when doing ambulance missons) I had to stop and think twice on more than 1 occassion so I didn't leave my friend lying on the road.
- Whenever I see a motorbike I want to ram them to see the driver fall off.

Unfortunately I get these feeling regularly after playin GTA for 4-14hrs straight. Is there anyone else out there who feels similar tendancies from too much computer playing?

Son of Morkai
05-08-2005, 07:53
I know I've played a game too much when I start trying to move like the characters. After playing GunZ for several hours each day, every time I try to move forward I try to double tap my forward button so I will tumble. Then I remember I don't have a forward button to tap. Then I remember that I'm not playing a game.

Trying to save the game (life) is also a big sign that I've been playing a game too often.

Alco Engineer
05-08-2005, 07:57
Yes I can relate to that. Everytime I fail something i think, I'll just reload and try again.....and then I realise life doesn't have a pause button.

I also found that after playing Knights of the Old Republic 2 too much I was constantly trying to pause life and line up all of my moves, change character etc in real life. Bit too spooky.

Just as well I don't own a gun and play too many 1st person shooters

hairyman
05-08-2005, 09:32
When I was in University I played far too much International Superstar Soccer. Take a break to watch a real footy match, and you start seeing circles, stars and triangles round the feet of all the players.....

Ravening Wh0re
05-08-2005, 11:11
I remember playing too much Tetris. WHen I was walking down the street, I saw blocks falling down in front of my eyes.

Lately, I keep hearing the swoosh of jet engines from Advance Wars everywhere I go.

Last night I kept hearing Ken's Street Fighter music whilst sleeping.

Everytime I look out the window, I keep wanting to but all the tower blocks together so I can launch them into outerspace. Take that, Meteos!

Crube
05-08-2005, 11:28
I play too many Point and click adventures

When I'm walking around I keep thinking things like...

Ah, theres a rusty nail, I'll take that cos I might need it to do...

or, damn, why's the door locked? Where could the key be (instead of damn the pub's closed)

Falcon
05-08-2005, 13:25
I remember driving at night after playing NFS Underground 2. There's that split second where you realize you've almost taken a gap by nudging a car to the side ...

That's scary, especially if there are other people in the car. 'Caused me to put a serious reality filter on!

Lord Balor
05-08-2005, 13:50
I once did (or tried) a Haduken in Karate after spending the day in the arcades undefeated in SF3. All i can say is it didn't work as well as it does on screen...when the shryuken connected however...

Jedi152
05-08-2005, 14:16
Ah, theres a rusty nail, I'll take that cos I might need it to do...

or, damn, why's the door locked? Where could the key be (instead of damn the pub's closed)
You obviously use the rusty nail to pick the lock... :rolleyes:

:D

I'll admit to playing too much GTA3, and for a while on seeing a car park i'd look to find the best car to take!

Shining_Spear
05-08-2005, 15:32
Everytime I look out the window, I keep wanting to but all the tower blocks together so I can launch them into outerspace. Take that, Meteos!

Almost the same thing with me and Meteos. Every time I see anything like tiles, or any set of multiple objects with the same appearance, I always think about the fastest way to line them up.

I also hear the SSBM music sometimes when my 'cube isn't on. As in actually hearing it come from some far-off place instead of just in my head. It's creepy. :(

BorisGT
05-08-2005, 17:23
I once did (or tried) a Haduken in Karate after spending the day in the arcades undefeated in SF3. All i can say is it didn't work as well as it does on screen...when the shryuken connected however...

I got into a scuffle with a guy once in the locker room at school and to defend myself I actually did Dragon punch (Shoryuken) him.

Now if I coul djust stay in the air long enough to pull off a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
(the hurrican kick).

grey_painter
05-08-2005, 19:09
If I play Dynasty Warriors for too long I start seeing red HP bars above everyone’s heads. Unfortunately they don't actually go down when I start beating my mates over the head with a sofa cushion.

I also had a really weird period where I kept trying to cap points in conversations with marine listening posts. I figured I should stop playing DoW online for a bit after that.

And the media says video games have adverse effects on us and encourage us to go kill people :rolleyes:

Commander X
05-08-2005, 19:23
I play too many Point and click adventures
*Snip*
Seeing the comment on rusty nail and locked door I take it you played MOTAS too?

Anyways, I appear to have the problem with those MMORPGs. I catch myself wondering how to learn myself new spells every now and then, as well as practicing knife-throwing to raise my Dex.

I shouldn't do that too often...

Freak Ona Leash
05-08-2005, 19:26
After Freak plays FPS for a while, he starts lining up head shots on random people on the street...did Freak ever mention he has a paintball gun?

Falcon
05-08-2005, 19:44
What's real funny for me is if I drive around and start figuring out how to replicate real houses in SIMS2 :-D

Shuya
05-08-2005, 21:34
I now say lol instead of laughing, in real life!!! And its not just saying it, its chuckling and saying it!!!!!

Also I did start seeing everything I did as advantages to my stats

“Hmm ill sleep it will raise me health bar”
“Hmm ill punch my brother ill get Xp”
“Hmm ill dodge my brothers punch to gain agility”
To be honest I had quiet low agility

Venomizer
05-08-2005, 22:06
after plaing unreal tournament too long I start looking for materials to make my own Ripper Gun

Gavmo
05-08-2005, 23:32
When i'm at work and dumb-**** people are hanging out of the train, I wish I had a sniper rifle from BF2... Its even worse when you think, "If I hit those three, I should have just enough time to re-load then drop a Claymore..."

StugMeister
06-08-2005, 01:39
After playing AlienBreed3D for too long on my Amiga I found that when walking to college I could hear the screams of the aliens in the street....

Snoozer
06-08-2005, 02:02
You guys don't even want to know how many times I have come to the conclusion that you cant/dont have to save in real life, just because you want to go to the bathroom when wathing TV or what ever you're doing you can't save your progress...

yes its scary how many times I have been totaly out of it after intensive weeks of playing games (mostly RPG's).

And the media says video games have adverse effects on us and encourage us to go kill people :rolleyes:

thats crazy talk, CRAZY talk I tell you...

just because I killed my whole family just after playing Neverwinter nights doesn't mean that it was because of the game, it was because they were heretics and they were in the secret cult that brought the plague to neverwinter.... games encouraging us to kill people dont make me laughe (:wtf: )

:D

Grumnir
06-08-2005, 03:41
Counter Strike and camping spots ;)

Lord Lucifer
06-08-2005, 07:30
Considering what happens in it, you wouldn't want to have this (http://www.another-castle.net/pyr%20head.JPG) invade your waking hours.

Needless to say, any time I see fog or mist, I immediately think "Hey, cool... good thing it's only a game"

Yog Sogoth
06-08-2005, 08:38
Whenever I pass a Bank I always get the urge to quicksave...

Reload till I'm rich!

Alex_H
06-08-2005, 09:10
I just carry a knife with me all the time so I can run faster.

Oh the joys of CS :)

Cade
06-08-2005, 15:32
I know when I've been playing Football games too long when I get mixed up between my computerised squad and the real life squad of my team!

I keep thinking "Why doesn't the manager put him on?" and the answer is "Because he's not really in the team, idiot!"

Crux
08-08-2005, 20:45
Video games doesn't make people more violent, and I'll KILL anyone who disagrees.