PDA

View Full Version : The Knight's Vow

BullBuchanan
08-04-2005, 05:46
Well Props again to G Dubya ;) on wording in their rules definitions. I recently had an incident happen that played a very major role in the game ( I was surrounded by 3 units, and reading through the rules again I believe things might have happenned differently. On Page 43 of The Bretonnian Army Book the Knights Vow is stated exactly as follows

Knights with The Knight's Vow may ignore panic caused by friendly units and models with the peasents duty rule.

Now when I broke an enemy unit, and we were determining whether or not other units had to take a panic test, we consulted this page in the book. All The other players immediately took this as not having to take a panic test, and I agreed, but was rather unsettled by the strange wording that GW used in this sentence. I brought up the point of the redundancy in "friendly units and models with the peasants duty rule" But I didnt want to hold up the game so i just let it go. Reading it again this evening I see now that it can be read and interpereted two ways. The first being just as typed, with GW making a poorly worded statement and the accidental redundency. The second however could be understood as follows

Knights with The Knight's Vow may ignore panic caused by friendly units and models with the peasents duty rule.

This interperation would make one believe that it implies only to units or models with the peasant's duty rule.

If someone could please clarify this issue for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
I find it hard to believe that a 24 point knight could ignore friendly panic in a living army, but I'm not sure so here I am.

Sylass
08-04-2005, 05:54
Not sure if I understood your question, but maybe this would help?

Q: The Knightís Vow says that the unit is immune to panic caused by friendly units and models with the Peasantís Dutyí. Does this mean it ignores panic caused by all friendly units, and enemy units with the Peasantís Duty?
A: No. It means that it ignores any Panic caused only by friendly units with the Peasantís Duty.

(Q&As compilation)

BullBuchanan
08-04-2005, 05:58
thanks, thats what I needed