PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen Raiders

Aorek
02-05-2007, 23:23
Ok so few questions about beastmen that came up as i was thinking of starting a warband.

Why do ungors have a max statline if they can never become heros and never improve thier stats beyond +1? is it purely to point out that that can get 6 movement?

Regarding the animals special rule about not using hired swords unless otherwise stated. Is there actually any hired swards that meet this requirement?

Is it worth buying the minotaur straight away or waiting? I can only really see having the cash for him right at the start or right at the end of the warbands career. If i get him at the start ill be under manned. If i get him at the end he'll have little xp.

Do the rules for mounted movement apply to the centigor? I'm guessing no but considering what they are maybe. Climbing ladders seems like it would be difficult for them.

I see a lot of advise to max out on heros to get maximuim explore rolls. But compared too other warbands thats a pretty big chunk of gold for beasts. 280gc before any gear :eek:. Could i get by with 4?

For my four I'm thinking Chieftan, Shaman, Bestigor and Centigor which seems a dencent mix with the cheapest hero still availiable to buy.

mrtn
04-05-2007, 20:25
Ok so few questions about beastmen that came up as i was thinking of starting a warband.

Why do ungors have a max statline if they can never become heros and never improve thier stats beyond +1? is it purely to point out that that can get 6 movement? Dunno.

Regarding the animals special rule about not using hired swords unless otherwise stated. Is there actually any hired swards that meet this requirement?The Cursed Hillman is semi-official.

Is it worth buying the minotaur straight away or waiting? I can only really see having the cash for him right at the start or right at the end of the warbands career. If i get him at the start ill be under manned. If i get him at the end he'll have little xp.I don't have one in my warband, 200 gold seems a lot most days...

Do the rules for mounted movement apply to the centigor? I'm guessing no but considering what they are maybe. Climbing ladders seems like it would be difficult for them.Good question. On the other hand they have claws, not hooves, and also extra hands, so as long as the ladder can carry them it's not too unreasonable that they may climb. Maybe house rule it that they can climb ladders at half rate? As they have I2 they can only climb 2 inches, and I see that as jumping up, rather than actual climbing.

I see a lot of advise to max out on heros to get maximuim explore rolls. But compared too other warbands thats a pretty big chunk of gold for beasts. 280gc before any gear :eek:. Could i get by with 4?

For my four I'm thinking Chieftan, Shaman, Bestigor and Centigor which seems a dencent mix with the cheapest hero still availiable to buy.I started with Shaman, Chieftain and two bestigors, and got a Centigor after the first fight.