PDA

View Full Version : Unliving Idol and master of mortals

khorne666
03-05-2007, 06:08
Just wondering about this, could you technically give a daemon prince or exalted daemon master of mortals and unliving idol (beasts and mortal count as core)? And more importantly, do you think it would be fair?

Atrahasis
03-05-2007, 06:15
This should probably be in Rules, but it'll move if need be.

By RAW, yes you can have both and end up with core beasts and mortals.

As to the fairness of it, I've played around with the idea and I don't think its that broken. The only thing it really does is ease the competition for special choices if you like to take daemons (which is self-balancing given that daemons suck) or minotaurs/ogres/centigor.

kyussinchains
03-05-2007, 06:55
I seem to remember this coming up before, I think it was in an official FAQ that you can't, but yeah by RAW there doesnt seem to be anything stopping it

khorne666
03-05-2007, 18:03
I did assume that RAW did allow it but I just wanted to know if I missed anything. Now onto the important question, is it to powerful? I would not field an all daemon army for a long time purely because I really don't like buying whole units in blisters (however I do put up with bestigors as you only normally have one unit), it's just to expensive, especially when you are buying daemon princes and stuff to lead your army for 25 a model. also, on a related topic, what do people think of no shagoths in a demon army (led by a daemon) vs. unliving idol/master of mortals?

Atrahasis
03-05-2007, 18:16
A shaggoth can never be included in an army led by a daemon regardless of any gifts the daemon may have. What matters is the General has the daemonic rule, not that the army is daemonic.

As far as buying whole units of daemons goes, the ranked daemon units are pretty rubbish. Only one person I know uses any daemons other than characters, mounts, fliers or fast cav, and she only does it in her Khorne daemon army for reasons of personal taste.

kyussinchains
03-05-2007, 21:55
of the ranked daemon units, I would say that all bar the daemonettes have their uses, the horrors add a further magic missile to your attack, often drawing out dispel dice, as well as a couple of other nasty spells, bloodletters are pretty damaging in combat and can also have a command group, plaguebearers tend to work well in small units so you can spread the cloud of flies around, I use 2 units of 12 myself as well as 5 nurgling bases, means I can get up to 3 lots of flies into combats at any one time!