PDA

View Full Version : choppa question

Gobskrag 'Eadbasha
03-05-2007, 07:32
okay, so Im new to WHFB and have just started orcs. I have a pretty good grasp on the rules but theres something thats been puzzling me ever since I started: if an orc wields two choppas, in the first round of combat, does he get another +1 strength bonus (making it a +2) in addition to his extra attack? I cant find where this is covered in both the rule book and my army book. help would be appreciated.

hwd
03-05-2007, 07:45
i think that orcs have one choppa and one normal hand weapon so when weilding both they get +1S (choppa) and +1A (additional hand weapon)
hope this helps

okay, so Im new to WHFB and have just started orcs. I have a pretty good grasp on the rules but theres something thats been puzzling me ever since I started: if an orc wields two choppas, in the first round of combat, does he get another +1 strength bonus (making it a +2) in addition to his extra attack? I cant find where this is covered in both the rule book and my army book. help would be appreciated.

Gobskrag 'Eadbasha
03-05-2007, 07:54
well, orcs are already equipped with a choppa and you pay 2 points for an extra one.

Shockwave
03-05-2007, 08:01
well, orcs are already equipped with a choppa and you pay 2 points for an extra one.

Either way, all the extra Choppa gives you is an extra attack.

Gobskrag 'Eadbasha
03-05-2007, 08:07
thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

Tutore
03-05-2007, 08:27
Orcs with extra choppas actually gain one attack each, and each attack is at +1 strength. Thus, the basic orc boyz, which is strength 3 and 1 attack, with the poor expenditure of 2 points more per model gains +1 attack. Each of those attacks is resolved at strength 4. Big´Uns gain 1 attack, each of which is resolved at strength 5, and so on.

lparigi34
03-05-2007, 12:12
Orcs with extra choppas actually gain one attack each, and each attack is at +1 strength. Thus, the basic orc boyz, which is strength 3 and 1 attack, with the poor expenditure of 2 points more per model gains +1 attack. Each of those attacks is resolved at strength 4. Big´Uns gain 1 attack, each of which is resolved at strength 5, and so on.

But remember the extra +1 Strenght is only in the first round of a CC

Tutore
03-05-2007, 12:59
But remember the extra +1 Strenght is only in the first round of a CC

I considered it obvious, but to be precise: it is only in the first round of combat, yes.