PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Gits Free Maneuver

zodgrim
03-05-2007, 13:46
Alright, I was reading through the newest Chaos Dwarf FAQ. And I was so happy to see that they updated and clarrified some of the rules for WFB 7.

However, I was wondering something and maybe someone that has played in a GT with Chaos Dwarfs might now.

If Sneaky Gits are fighting two or more units, can they reform out of combat from one? I figure that they can't but I was just wondering.

T10
03-05-2007, 14:15
I was unable to find this updated FAQ on the GW web site. I assume the Sneaky Gits are now allowed to reform under somewhat different circumstances than other units.

The general rules only allow you to reform to bring more models into base contact with the enemy. If the Sneaky gits are exempt from this it should be noted in the FAQ.

-T10

Sherlocko
03-05-2007, 14:30
It is not an offical FAQ. It is included in the rulespack for the USGT(afaik).

And I donīt think so, you may not move models out of combat, only into combat.

Ganymede
03-05-2007, 15:11
additionally remember, units can only ever perform the special free maneuvers in combat if they are engaged against foes on a single side, and they can never be used to lower the number of models in base contact. This is explicit in the last page of the close combat section.

intellectawe
03-05-2007, 21:44
I played CD in a GT this year, and no, you can't reform out of combat.

After I got the GT judges to push for this amendment to the FAQ earlier in the year, I asked them the same thing, and of course they said, as per the rules, you cannot reform to 'pop' out of combat.

But enjoy the CD rules update! I know I am!

Khorneflakes
08-05-2007, 09:28
maybe these guys CAN reform out of combat, thus making em sneakie and a rule unique to them, like relentless dwarves and wood elves moving forests!;)

T10
08-05-2007, 10:07
Yes, maybe! Does the rules pack say they can?

-T10

Sherlocko
08-05-2007, 10:28
http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/Rules/assets/warhammer/chaosdwarf_gt_faq.pdf
There is the rules pack. But I have never used it, because it ainīt used where I live. So if I have got the wrong one I hope someone can post that one instead. :)

T10
08-05-2007, 10:33
"Sneaky Gitz
When Sneaky Gitz are in combat, they may perform a Free Maneuver after every combat. When an opponent wins combat against Sneaky Gitz, they may turn to face, but may never increase their frontage."

This strikes me as hopelessly inaccurate. The guy who wrote this must have had a singular understanding of what it is supposed to mean.

-T10

metro_gnome
08-05-2007, 11:28
itz consistant with the quality of the rest of that faq...

EvC
08-05-2007, 11:53
After every combat? So after the combat's completely finished? When they've fled? Dear oh dear...

metro_gnome
08-05-2007, 12:58
except then they wouldn't be "in combat" as per the first part of that sentence...

EvC
08-05-2007, 14:17
In that case it's technically impossible as they cannot generally have finished a combat and still be in combat :D