PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Sacred Hosts

Vanger
03-05-2007, 14:00
I hope the rules thread is the right place for my question.

There is the Sacred Hosts (http://uk.games-workshop.com/lizardmen/sacred%2Dspawnings/1/) option/sub-list for Lizardmen armies.

In the article Andy Hoare only mentions that the Core units stay Core, he does not mention if Special units stay Special. So in a Sacred Host army, if I give the Sacred Spawning to a unit of Cold One Cavalary, then this unit stays Special choice, or does it become a Rare choice instead?

T10
03-05-2007, 14:05
There are no changes to Special units so they become increasingly rare as normal.

-T10

Falkman
03-05-2007, 15:27
Does the sacred host lists allow Cold one riders to take spawnings then?
I don't think they can in the regular Lizardmen list.

Vanger
03-05-2007, 15:33
Ops... C1 Cav can't have any Sacred Spawnings :( Only Saurus and characters. So my question is pointless. :(

Khorneflakes
08-05-2007, 09:31
looks that way:evilgrin:

kroq'gar
08-05-2007, 09:34
Ops... C1 Cav can't have any Sacred Spawnings :( Only Saurus and characters. So my question is pointless. :(

Was about to say that.

Onisuzume
08-05-2007, 10:15
Skinks Skirmishers and Skink Characters also take the spawning corresponding to the sacred host. And the lore of magic used by skink shamans is dependant on which sacred host he is in. (e.g. lore of death for sacred hosts of quetzl)

And for some clarification:

Saurus Warriors = core.
Skink Skirmishers = core.
Both units are forced to take the blessed spawning of their sacred host. (so in a sacred host of quetzl, all saurus warriors and skink skirmishers would have the blessed spawning of quetzl)

Saurus Warriors with 2 blessed spawnings = special. (one of the blessed spawnings has to be the same as that of the sacred host)
Skink Skirmishers with 2 blessed spawnings = illegal. (prepare to be hit by rulebook)

kroq'gar
10-05-2007, 08:35
Nice, i agree with above....

well put.