PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf Scouts

Cohinor
05-08-2005, 12:19
Just to ask a quick Question. Is it really possible to equip a unit of scouts with a command unit? Like with the Glade Guard they originally were before upgrading?

And if so, do they still count as one of the Glade Guard unit in terms for a magical Banner?

I don't think that would be possible as there would be the nasty combination of equipping them with the Saemrath Banner that hinders march movement up to 12 inch than only 8.

So any ideas? :)

*reads the army book again*

cheers
Cohinor

Fulgrim's Gimp
06-08-2005, 11:13
Short answer -Yes. IIRC ther are only four welf unit choices able to carry a banner:-glade guard/scouts, eternal guard, glade riders and Wild Riders.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 11:52
Glade riders cant have a magic banner.

Cohinor
06-08-2005, 12:08
hmm true Glade Guard, Eternal Guard and Wild Riders can have magical banners.

It is just confusing if Scouts count as Glade Guard Unit so that they could have a magical banner. *scratches head*

cheers
Cohinor

Xavier
06-08-2005, 15:58
I would say they do, as one of the banners the unbreakable one, says it cannot be used if the unit is in skirmish, now no unit that is skirmish except the scouts can take a magic banner..

see where im going with this?

So yes, they can have a magic banner.

Cohinor
06-08-2005, 16:41
Thanks for clearing this up, that opens alot of new sneaky tricks ^^.

cheers
Cohinor

Crazy Harborc
06-08-2005, 19:33
IMHO, with all the magic arrow choices the WEs have now, it's possible to go hunting for the VC Necromancers.

I think the Woodies now have a better chance to win battles while fighting in HtH.

What the heck to use as "standins" until Treekin models are in the stores? Are there any 'other company" treemen suitable to be treekin out there??

Tarax
07-08-2005, 19:03
If you upgrade your Glade Guard to Scout, they cease to be Glade Guard and become Scouts. They also loose the Glade Guard Longbow-special rule.

I think you can upgrade models to command group, but as they are no longer Glade Guard they can not have a Magic Banner.

Dr.Mole
09-08-2005, 14:31
@Tarax with your argumentation, Scouts could not have a standard bearer because you can upgrade a Glade Guard to something and not a scout.

I am not sure if Scouts can have a Magic Banner or a Command Group but imo they can because Scouts are upgraded glade guard and do not get their own Profile and stuff...

Fulgrim's Gimp
09-08-2005, 21:24
Scouts can have a full command group and a magic banner.They are part of the same unit entry as glade guard.Also glade riders can have a standard , just not a magic one.

AJ_Wolf
09-08-2005, 23:31
IMHO, with all the magic arrow choices the WEs have now, it's possible to go hunting for the VC Necromancers.

I think the Woodies now have a better chance to win battles while fighting in HtH.

What the heck to use as "standins" until Treekin models are in the stores? Are there any 'other company" treemen suitable to be treekin out there??

Treekin come out this week (8/11/05) so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Xavier
10-08-2005, 03:06
Er, their releasing treekin before the army book hits the shelfs..? I think not.

As for stand in models, you could use the old treeman models I guess, they'd be about the right size, plus the come with the right size base.

taer
10-08-2005, 03:24
What are you talking about? The book has been on general release since thursday.

librerian_samae
10-08-2005, 09:05
nope its released on the 27th and by my calander its only the 10th today, so how it came out last thursday i dont know :eyebrows:

Dr.Mole
10-08-2005, 09:48
The Book was released here on the 3rd this month. My store got it on friday the 5th due to some problems but anyway I have it...

athamas
10-08-2005, 09:49
Treekin come out this week (8/11/05) so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

this would be baecase GW are a british company, and thus use british time....

8th of novemeber!

Dr.Mole
10-08-2005, 10:24
Treekin will be released on 17th of August here in Germany so ...

librerian_samae
10-08-2005, 15:52
wow you germans are lucky getting everything nearly a month early... :(

Dr.Mole
10-08-2005, 17:37
I looked at the Uk-Online-Store and I could not understand why the Book is released on 27th of August in the UK because I have a english copy of it already. Are we a bigger market or why do we get it first ?

Crazy Harborc
11-08-2005, 01:49
Gee, perhaps the fans in the UK displeased the HQ...........Hey it could happen that way. In other words I have.....NO.....idea. I used to think it had a lot to do with when whatever was shipped from the UK factory to wherever in the world.

I am beginning to suspect that there is a secret room (or rooms) in a hidden warhouse (or warehouses) containing ALL the Wood Elf minies, dragons, treemen, plastic box sets, all of the darn models and accessories for the army. Ready to go, just waiting until each one's super secret shipping date. ;)