PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Northern Patrol - 2000pts

Dranthar
05-08-2005, 12:26
Well It's time I started thinking about how I'll expand my 1000pt. Dark Elf Force, so here's a list I slapped together;

Northern Patrol of Karond Kar

Noble @ 204 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak
Seal of Ghrond
(Mounted on Chariot w.out spears)

Sorceress @ 175 Pts
Magic Level 2
Black Staff
Dispel Scroll

20 Warriors @ 175 Pts
Shield; Standard; Musician

20 Warriors @ 185 Pts
Shield; Full Command

12 Warriors @ 149 Pts
Repeating Crossbow; Shield; Musician

12 Warriors @ 149 Pts
Repeating Crossbow; Shield; Musician

5 Dark Riders @ 127 Pts
Repeating Crossbow; Musician

5 Dark Riders @ 127 Pts
Repeating Crossbow; Musician

6 Shades @ 84 Pts

6 Harpies @ 78 Pts

Cold One Chariot @ 97 Pts
Spear

Cold One Chariot @ 95 Pts

War Hydra @ 220 Pts

War Hydra @ 220 Pts

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 96

Total Army Cost: 1990

The basic idea is that it's a patrol force with a "Beast" slant. I'm trying to avoid the 'upper class' sort of choices (ie. elite knights and infantry, magic items and high level characters), to keep a 'political outcast' sort of theme to it. That said, I'll take any suggestion into consideration, and I'm certainly open to using mercenaries.

Ruido
05-08-2005, 20:05
if i was you i would put the warriors in bigger rankings to improve their survival, also get rid of the harpies they are fools. and add more warriors

Lady's Champion
05-08-2005, 20:14
Actually I think the harpies are exremely useful. Mr Ruido seems to think all armies are rubbish for no reason, I suggest his advice be taken with a pinch of salt

Freak Ona Leash
05-08-2005, 20:26
Thats actually a fairly soliod list. Maybe ditch one Hydra for a third unit of Warriors but other than that very nice.

Dranthar
06-08-2005, 01:06
The 2nd Hydra was sort of thrown in because I had the points, and was unsure what else I could take. More warriors is certainly a possibility - what do you think of the idea of taking 10-man sacrificial warrior units to act as charge bait and whatnot? Do you think it could work?

Freak Ona Leash
06-08-2005, 01:08
Hm, you could use them as a set up to get a flank charge. Though Fast Cavalry is usually better, Probally becuase they can run a good amount faster ;)

Gotreksbrother
06-08-2005, 01:25
You need to increase the amount of Harpies in the unit, 6 is very little...raise it to 8 or 10 and take another unit of Dark Riders and a Noble on steed with Shield of Ghrond, repeater xbow, lance, heavy armour, and sea dragon cloak...all this instead of 1 of the hydras...

The extra Dark riders will give you great flexibility, and the noble can accompany them or go mage hunting or warmachine hunting on his own, or even go for weak missile armed troops or against a helbaster on his own! (He has 1+ save and all shots against him are at -1 S, so a Helblaster would be at Strenght 3, -1 save, before he charged it...and most missle weapons wouldbe useless against him...except cannons, bolt throwers or stone throwers...but thats why you can keep him in a unit of dark riders till he can get close enough to his target)...

but your list looks very solid and flexible in tactical use...maybe a bit weak vs. magic, but that depends on wether you can kill of some of his mages fast enough or not...

cheers, Paddy