mark of slaanesh

Chosen Knights of Slaanesh x5: 345
full command
chosen
mark of slaanesh
Rapturous standard

Mounted Daemonettes x6: 180

Mounted Daemonettes x6: 180

so far this equals 1843 points. I know that the model count is low but the armour and attacks are great and the speed is ferocious. My magic defensive and offensive should hold the enemy off for a few turns whiel i get there, and the warhounds should provide cover from most war machines and foot soldiers with ranged weapons, I just need another unit to put in. I was thinknig of marauder horsemen to balance out the heavy cavalry or another champion of chaos to bolster their attack.

I am testing this list for a possible entry in tournaments. Any thoughts??

DesertDirge
04-05-2007, 14:05
get some furries. Use the dark elf harpies models.

lee
04-05-2007, 18:12
good looking list one thing is sorcerer mounted as your list dose not say

Caligula
04-05-2007, 20:18
I've got to admit, it's a nasty looking list. As always, the Daemon Sword can be dangerous to your expensive Lord, but more often than not it seems to be very much worth it's cost. Either way, it makes attacking your Sorcereress Lord a rather unappealing prospect for most.

Very nice list indeed. As DesertDirge said, some Furies wouldn't hurt at all, and fit the theme of your army. I even think his suggestion of using the Dark Elf Harpy models is spot on, and would fit very well in a Slaanesh themed list.

kilen
04-05-2007, 21:14
i added a unit of ten furies for 150 points and an extra warhound to one of the units to provide more of a front cover for them, and yes the sorcerer is mounted on a barded chaos steed.

But I was wondering if i should mount my lord on a daemonic mount or a steed of slaanesh to get her into combat quicker and to give the units extra attacks.

Does anybody see any weaknesses in this that my opponents might be able to exploit? I am seriously considering the daemonic mount for my lord.

Caligula
04-05-2007, 21:16
Honestly, I think I'd keep her on the Chaos Steed....that way, a lucky cannonball is less likely to ruin her(and your) say on turn 1.

kilen
04-05-2007, 21:32
I'm worried too about my magic being dispelled and then the next turn getting into combat and having no magic to put forth...and thus my points being squandered.

superduperkoopatrooper
04-05-2007, 22:21
Hi, don't you think that miscasts, poor defensive combat stats and the daemon sword make your sorceress a little vulnerable to easy loss of wounds?
I'd also say your chosen knights are the only really 'hitty' unit in your army that could break a ranked unit on the charge and even that's not a certainty, especially if they take one or two wounds on the way there.
I know you might try outmanoeuvring enemy units but it's not always as easy as you might hope.

kilen
07-05-2007, 04:27
alright instead of a level 4 sorcerer lord...im going with a combat oriented lord.

Natalia Norestokov, Arch Tyrantess of the Black Order: 347
mark of slaanesh
barded chaos steed
the black maul
shield
gaze of the gods

hows that for a deadly lord?? 6 attacks at strength 7!!

SlaaneshSlave
08-05-2007, 01:01
Your Chosen Knight w/Rapturous Standard should be 6 wide. Hell, if you know you can get 7 into combat with your opponent, take 7.

Why are the hound units larger than the min? 5 wounds or 7, they are running at first missile fire.

Coenono
08-05-2007, 03:05
I would try to fit in some dragon ogres w/gw. A unit of three has the same movement and should out do the regular knights. I just played a game this weekend and the dragon ogres and chosen knights took care of 85% of the killing goodness. If you can get a 4th dragon ogre in there so much the better

kilen
10-05-2007, 15:53
In the Cult of Slaanesh rules it states that Dark Elves may take magic items from the Hordes of Chaos army book...but can a lord from a Hordes of Chaos Slaanesh take magic items from the Cult of Slaanesh dark elves list?

theDarkGeneral
10-05-2007, 19:43
Cool concept list...I have some thoughts/comments...hope they help!

*Chaos Sorceror Lord: Very cool, take the Spell Familiar, and you'll have 5 of the 6 nasty Spells from a broken Lore.

*Chaos Sorceror: Not sure on the points...no Steed?

*Warhounds: Take them in units of 6 strong for the Chosen Number...though I don't think you need them...

*Chaos Knights: Again, 6 strong for the Chosen Number...Rapturous Standard is devastating...

*Mounted Daemonettes: Great units!

*Chaos Furies: ??? Never leave home without them...

Hywel
10-05-2007, 19:55
I can't really level many complaints at the list other than it's rather inflexible and it lacks the ability to handle armoured units.

My main concern though is: won't you find this army a little boring to play with? You've taken just 3 unit types (4 with furies) from the wonderfully diverse chaos list! If this isn't a concern to you then fair play, enjoy using the army and definitely get some flyers involved as cannons in your flank arcs are going to be an absolute pain in the ****!

Also, make sure you keep those daemonettes alive. Those knights will not do well going head on with infantry units. You need to keep a flanking force in the game to have any joy with such a one-dimensional approach.

kilen
17-05-2007, 05:20
This is the revised version of my list, I had a few ideas concerning this website:
http://conquest.oz.games-workshop.com/hobby/gaming/hightactics/default.htm

Marauders of chaos x6: 96
Flails
Musician

Marauders of chaos x6: 96
Flails
Musician

Dogs of War Heavy Cavalry x12: 297
barded steeds
full command

the dogs of war heavy cavalry imitate the unit of 12 silver helm (in the above mentioned website). I believe that a unit of 12 spread out 6x2 will make for a good attack.

Chosen knights of khorne x6: 300
Full command
Mark of khorne

Knights of khorne x6: 298
Full command
mark of khorne

Dragon ogres x3: 237
Great weapons, light armour

Furies x6: 90

Lord of Khorne: 358
mark of khorne
barded chaos steed
gaze of the gods
axe of khorne
shield

Sorcerer of chaos: 159
dispel scroll
dispel scroll
barded chaos steed

theDarkGeneral
17-05-2007, 17:04
Eh...I don't like it personally...more themed for a story that maybe you could write up, but I'd much rather see more Khorne Knights...