PDA

View Full Version : please some one help me beat my dwarf opponant with a vampire counts necromancer army

benccowan
04-05-2007, 19:09
could any one help me beat my dwarf opponant he always just whittles down my army with his thunderers and by the time i get to him wich is usualy on the 5th or 6th turn i dont evan out number him and whats worse he cannon snipes he aims at the unit in front of my general an guesses as if he want to go over my unit and hit my general will some one please help me beat this guy p.s he's a real dirty player

Esco Thomson
04-05-2007, 19:25
could any one help me beat my dwarf opponant he always just whittles down my army with his thunderers and by the time i get to him wich is usualy on the 5th or 6th turn i dont evan out number him and whats worse he cannon snipes he aims at the unit in front of my general an guesses as if he want to go over my unit and hit my general will some one please help me beat this guy p.s he's a real dirty player

We need to know your army list for starters. If you have his as well it would certainly help.

greymeister
04-05-2007, 20:47
p.s he's a real dirty player

Just curious but, why the hell do you play against him then?

Warnhammer
04-05-2007, 21:09
Zombies, zombies and more Zombies. Large units backed up by Many necros. Within your marching distance of the lord your are going to get there fast and when you get there just bog him down then bring up your heavy hitters for flank charges and crush him. Bring some flyers(fell bats for me) or wolves to get at his machines and stay as best you can to the sides of his gun lines with em or behind trees. Remeber if he "reforms" to face you he "cannot" shoot at you. If he turns then he only has one model to shoot and if he wheels he can only get a few guys with in line of sights.

My last idea would be to bring a unit of 3-4 spirit host as the thunderers cannot hit them, or maybe a banshee or 2 for the same purpose. Just beware the War machines as they will more than likely have magical shots with any runes at all on em.

I assume you are using a Master Necro. Make sure you take 3 other as well even if no magic items are on them at all. Make em cheaper and he cannot cast magic so no need for dispels either. He can stop your magic for a turn maybe but when he runs out of scrolls and your zombies are on him, he will go down. Just keep rasing em and keep the outnumber...eventually you will win a combat and then the battle.

gukal
04-05-2007, 23:52
If you are determined to stick to master necro zombie armies and he is tailoring his army to beat you, then you will require significant luck to win.

The Dwarf army has multiple ways of shutting down big magic, becoming immune to fear, doubling their unit strength, negating flank charges with the oath stone, etc ... all calculated to prevent the outflank, outnumber, fear scenario.

However, he can't afford to spend so many points defending against this strategy if you alternate your approach with a very fighty, cavalry and monster army with a host of vampires. Then, while he twiddles with his runes of spellbreaking, your Vampire Count and his crew are slicing and dicing Dwarf warrior blocks.

Bottom line: The Dwarf army is so customizable, if you fail to alter your approach now and then, he'll shut you down completely.

- Gukal

blahblahblah
05-05-2007, 05:12
Why do you play against this guy? not only is he playing a static gunline, but if he's abusing rules to target a unit he's not legally allowed to aim for, he sounds like a jerk. there are some great suggestions above, but personally I'd say to find better opponents...

benccowan
05-05-2007, 13:49
well first of all im talking about a 500 point army for starters and i will slowly work up to bigger battle's and i keep playing him because i dont take defeat easy im not a bad sportsman or anything its just if i lose i keep replaying and replaying untill i win

benccowan
05-05-2007, 13:56
also my 1000 point armies are normaly a necrarch army ( i dont realy like the other bloodlines ) and he normaly takes thunderers, cannon with rune of forging and runesmith but of course he occasionaly varies his army abit and im not going to decide my army till later in the day because im playing him again tommorow so any advice today will be apriciated and i will potst the results on this thread

nieto666
06-05-2007, 15:02
U have more gusto then I!! If i was playin someone with that type of mentality id called it quits and find a more sportmens like oppenant!! Wel anywho i think u should mix it up i play dwarfs alot with wood elves and i find that my speed is what kills, plus the wardancers own dwarf warriors in cc. I say use flying and fast cav units and make him decide!!

benccowan
06-05-2007, 16:18
thanks for the gusto comment and thanks for the advice ill try to use it the next time i play against him