PDA

View Full Version : Waaagh! Warboss only?

Gobbas
05-05-2007, 15:22
Did a search but could not find anything.

The Waaagh! ability of O&G, does make a mention of warboss. But I am not sure how it is supposed to be read. Is a warboss needed or is it enough with a general?

blurred
05-05-2007, 16:26
Ahh. Nice and vague once again. Good job GW.

I'd say that you do not need a warboss to use the Waaagh! ability, but the first sentence in the rule may be used as a counterargument (though it may also be just a bit of fluff with no real meaning). I would allow my opponent to use Waaagh! even though he would not have a warboss as his general.

Gobbas
05-05-2007, 21:49
Yeah, I read the first sentence as a small fluff thing. But I am no expert when it comes to the rules and such.

Thank you for your answer.

alextroy
05-05-2007, 22:00
The flavor text of the first sentence aside, the rules clearly state that the player may call a Waaagh! as long as the general is on the board and not fleeing.

Shimmergloom
05-05-2007, 22:35
Yes General. Not warboss only.

That would be silly and would mean that you couldn't waaagh! in games less than 2k.

A warboss in situations where he is not the general, would give you +1 to your roll for the unit he is in.

Gobbas
05-05-2007, 22:36
Yeah, this is what i thought and hoped for. But that sentence made it a little confusing.

Festus
06-05-2007, 00:16
Hi

GW's Army Books are written with the prototypic 2000 points army in mind. Always remember that, and you cannot go far wrong...

Festus